on 18 November 2012
You might have seen the prices that some charge for Cat 5 computer cables.
This cable will allow many long lengths to be made, connectors and hoods can cost less than 20 pence from Amazon traders.
The cable does not come on a reel, standard for many electrical cables.
I can offer no printable advice to the reviewer who managed to tangle their 100 metre reel.
Solid conductors so easy to crimp.
The cable will feed from the centre or the outside, a good buy.
Delivery, less time than Amazon suggest, a definite would buy again
on 30 March 2013
I was just about to place my order which included this item, having wondered why it was so cheap compared with similar? items which are more than twice the cost. I then found a more detailed description on another website for what I believe is the same item. THIS IS A COPPER COATED ALUMINIUM CABLE - not copper; hence the cost difference. The resistance will therefore be greater and so it will be inferior compared to a copper cable. Think Amazon should state this fact under the item description.
on 27 January 2015
Good value but the cheap skates who make it can't even be bothered to put this stuff on a cardboard reel!!! As a result you are constantly having to sort out tangles and carefully remove kinks. The trouble is Cat 5 will snap if kinked so buying this cable could be afalse economy.
on 28 May 2012
The cable itself is fine, but it DID NOT COME ON A REEL. [However see below]

When you open a packet with 100m of cable that's not attached to anything, you end up with a big tangled mess of cable all over the floor. You also end up with nasty kinks in the cable, which isn't good when you're trying to pull it through a hole in the wall. For a less-than-able bodied person, this is a big deal.

If your primary concern is cost per metre, then go ahead and buy. But expect pain.

EDIT: I'm not sure why people are downvoting this. My understanding of the word "reel" is consistent with the definition given on Wikipedia: "A reel is an object around which lengths of another material (usually long and flexible) are wound for storage." The item is listed as "cable reel", but there was no reel, only cable. So it's not as described. If somebody had previously commented to this effect, I wouldn't have ordered.

UPDATE: It seems the description has finally been corrected. I'm leaving my review as stands (+1 star) to highlight exactly what you're getting if you order.
on 18 November 2012
This is fantastic cable at a very good price I have now networked the entire house :-).def a 5 star product
on 2 February 2013
I guess that I will start by saying it looks good but . . . I haven't tried it yet. It arrived promptly and specifies itself as the product shown. But I bought it for work so, I will provide detail when I use it.
on 30 January 2014
Good overall but poor quality cable but for the price you can't complain.

Good for using on projects such as home networks and practicing stripping and fitting RJ-45 connectors.

Would not recommend for a long term network
on 28 April 2015
The cable is cheap, aluminium core and isn't cat5e standard, even the cable itself doesn't say cat5e. After fluke testing this cable it doesn't even meet 100 Mbps. Buy more expensive cable as this is rubbish.
on 28 April 2013
The cable I received is marked with a German brand and seems decent Cat5E.

Comes shrink wrapped in tidy coil.
If running a long length without assistance I'd probably want to reuse a cable feed box or find some other method to avoid kinking the run.
Running cables through roof spaces can be a pain, buy enough cable to do a few runs in one go, at this value it makes sense to have a few reels.
on 1 February 2013
Every since i go these, i was able to solve my slow data transfer around my house.I had the old CAT-5. all was great after the Upgrade.

See one answered question