Published 4 months ago by Ms. J. Hamilton

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your time
*** Mild spoilers ***
One tag-line reads "Be warned, the footage is real", the other "The family did not survive... but the recordings did." Sadly for us someone decided a DVD would be a good idea.
Published on 26 Feb 2012 by I. R. Kerr

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your time, 26 Feb 2012
I. R. Kerr (Lancashire) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
*** Mild spoilers ***
The first few minutes look promising as a bunch of randy youngsters break into "The Amityville House" where Ronald Defeo killed his family, there's a few minutes of footage including brief nudity, a few splashes of blood, screams and then.... black screen.
Cut to an estate agent showing the Benson family round the house, they know its history but it's all they can afford. The realtor goes outside whist the family, mum, dad, big sis, little sis and annoying boy with a hand held camera which is how you see this movie are shown round the house and, whilst they are inside, let's just say the estate agent won't sell any more haunted houses.
Sadly it's another of the seemingly endless series of mockumentary movies with discovered new footage, some of them work (e.g. the first Blair Witch and Grave Encounters Grave Encounters [DVD]) but most of them are just annoying (too many to mention) and several are just utter tripe and deserve to be buried.
Thus let it be with this dishonourable cheeser, unfortunately it has no real redeeming features, the family are just too stupid, the first death, albeit "an accident" occurs before they move in, the next death is not long coming but still they stay. I don't want to give away too much of the plot as you'll no doubt be rushing out to buy this.
The hand held camera movements get annoying very quickly as the story fails to maintain any level of interest. They also install CCTV to try and catch an intruder (ring any bells?). You get the usual stuff, doors open, noises are heard, occasional shadows are seen, You know the score you see one Paranormal Hotdiggedy you've seen most of them.
This brings nothing new to the genre, it has only the limpest of connections to the Amityville mythos, flies ... and, well that's about it really.
The Asylum should stick to what they are really good at, making monster movies with a sense of humour like the splendidly over the top 2 Headed Shark Attack Two Headed Shark Attack [DVD]
I honestly could not bear to sit through this drivel again.

1.0 out of 5 stars The worst movie I have EVER seen, 20 Jun 2012
This review is from: Amityville Haunting [DVD] (DVD)
Please, please, please do not waste your money on this rubbish. Poorly scripted, terribly acted, huge plot holes - it looks like the director told the actors to make it up as they went along and that just one take would do, regardless of whether they messed up their lines.

Not scary in the slightest and frankly quite boring, it does nothing to further the Amityville story. If I could go to the film maker and demand my money back, I would.

Avoid at all costs

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrific- for all the wrong reasons, 23 Jun 2012
popfan (Nottinghamshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Amityville Haunting [DVD] (DVD)
The original amityville horror is a classic, 9 sequels later the plot has diluted and all reason has gone out the window
shot like the intriging paranormal activity- but without the suspense, the plot revolves around a new family moving into the ghost filled house. unfortunatly you never seem to feel its that house, has all you see is the house on the dvd case. the acting is unreal and very bad, the script and the out of place deaths- make you wonder why they stay.
nothing in this movie is scary for die hard horror fans. Too many cliche moments and bizzare script choices ruin a movie that never gets off the ground- the ending is on the dvd case ie they all die.
the true horror of amityville the haunting was that it got made.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great addition to the `found footage' genre, genuinely scary, 11 Mar 2014
Ms. J. Hamilton "Jayme" (London, U.K) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Amityville Haunting [DVD] (DVD)
If you love the `found footage' genre, as do I, this is indeed one of the best. I have come across this film by accident whilst flicking through channels and finding this in `Movies 24'. It has bad reviews and I can't see why. I am so scared watching it, I have turned all the lights on. It's all about the detail and the subtle touches you need to be alert for in every scene. Very `realistic'.

1.0 out of 5 stars So sorry, 18 Oct 2012
Fordy Finn "Agent Finn" (Sheffield, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Amityville Haunting [DVD] (DVD)
I must apologise to all the people who warned against watching this piece of dog doo! I was doing the usual 'Oh I wil make my own mind up'.
I should have listened to them!

Terrible Acting (actually laughable)
Ridiculous Storyline (what bit there was)
No jumps/scares at ALL!

Did that annoying young kid wandering round with the camcorder really film all this? Looks like it, he also probably wrote it, directed it, produced it & cast it. Because it looks like something an amateur or child could put together.

In fact I said to my other half we could have done better than this with my old kodak camera!

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful!, 20 Jun 2012
This review is from: Amityville Haunting [DVD] (DVD)
I rented this movie and I can honestly say: don't waste your money! It's not a horror film, it's not scary at all and the storyline is rubbish. The blonde kid can't act and his character -
Tyler- was highly annoying. I'm surprised his parents didn't go insane and beat him to death with his video camera. Now THAT would have made it more interesting. This is by far the worst film I've ever seen. The only ghost in this film was that of the POV genre - it's malevolent, it's pi$$ed off and it wants a word with Geoff Meed.

1.0 out of 5 stars OMG This is so bad I just wanted it to end, 21 July 2012
This review is from: Amityville Haunting [DVD] (DVD)
Yes really, I really wanted this movie to end. I love the original Amityville Horror movies but this is just passed off as "real footage" Paranormal Activity type low budget material filmed in an Amityville house. As so many other reviewers have said dont waste your money on this, if you must try and borrow it or pay no more than a few quid for it. It really is one of the worst and is simply a cash in using the Amityville theme. Do not expect Amityville Horror. Do not expect Paranormal Activity. Do not expect even an average horror. This is not it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish film, 7 July 2012
This review is from: Amityville Haunting [DVD] (DVD)
This is possibly the worst film I have ever seen. Complete garbage is really all I can say. Waste of money if only spending a pennie. Do not waste any of your money on this.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't judge a DVD by it's cover !, 19 Jun 2012
This review is from: Amityville Haunting [DVD] (DVD)
This has got to be the worst horror film i've ever seen ! I got this at my local ASDA store and i chose this over 'the lady in black' it's the worst decision i've ever made. I only got this because i love anything to do with the Amityville horror and i can assure you that this is nothing like the paranormal activity or the blair witch , it's not even in the same league. The camera work does nothing to convince you that the footage is 'real' , i can't believe i fell for that. The opening scenes will have you thinking 'oh this is going to be a great movie' but 5 mins into the film you'll hate it , just like i did. The special effects are the worst i've ever seen on film and really cheaply done , don't even get me started on the 'ghosts'. The blonde boy who films everything is just so annoying and a really bad actor. Please i really do urge you not to waste your money on this crap film.

1.0 out of 5 stars No More Mockumentaries Please....., 18 Jun 2012
Freespirit "bo3ss" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Amityville Haunting [DVD] (DVD)
I don't know what the other two reviewers watched but their review bore no resemblance to this whole load of trash. Amytiville was a really great film. This is an attempt to cash in on Blair Witch, Paranormal Activity etc - shaky home video footage of supernatural happenings. The problem is that this genre has now been DONE TO DEATH and it just is not entertaining anymore. Family move into a hourse. Estate agent tells them it has a bad history- all family can afford etc. They move in, discover video footage left of the horrific goings on by the previous family...yawn, yawn, camera shake to make it 'more real'...are you getting the gist of this? It is almost as bad as the 'teenages left alone in house/woods/camp/island' type of 'horror film. Utter rubbish and to think I wasted more than an hour of my life watching this rubbish when I could have been shacked up in a real haunted house with real ghosts at Hampton Court in England!

Amityville Haunting [DVD]
Amityville Haunting [DVD] by Luke Barnett (DVD - 2012)
8.12