5.0 out of 5 stars Well made and fold up for flights
To have cable free headphones on a plane is a real bonus.
The only small complaint is the headphones are so well made they are a bit lacking in overall comfort if you have a large head.
I would prefer to have a cloth cover option so I can keep the sweat under control as I did find them a bit hot after a while.
Good battery live and control of the device to...
Published 16 months ago by Colin G. Bradley

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but way too quiet.
Published 1 month ago by Soapy Tyler

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made and fold up for flights, 13 Mar 2013
Colin G. Bradley (Fuengirola, Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sennheiser MM400-X Stereo Bluetooth On-Ear Headphones with Kindle Compatibility (Electronics)
To have cable free headphones on a plane is a real bonus.
Good battery live and control of the device to pause, take a phone call, skip a track etc.
Will do me very well despite the little niggles with comfort.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product delivering very acceptable depth and detail for this ..., 4 July 2014
Excellent product delivering very acceptable depth and detail for this type of headphone (ie Bluetooth) and not much to complain about. Tiny niggle is the overall full volume could be a little higher. :) as good as most middle range cable headphones upto 80. Would recommend :)

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but way too quiet., 9 Jun 2014
I bought these because they use the AptX codec and because Sennheiser have a good reputation. The AptX codec does offer significantly better sound over the standard A2DP codec and if you are after a pair of bluetooth cans then definitely make sure they are AptX enabled. I got these for use when I'm out and about, traveling etc. as they fold down to a very easily portable size. The construction looks solid enough and I don't think they would break easily, however I would have liked to have them supplied with a hard or a least firmly padded case instead of the soft case supplied. That said, the rubber flap which covers the charging port would not fit back into place after a couple of uses and so I had to remove it completely, not good.

They come with a cable for when you cannot use the bluetooth facility such as on an airplane or when the battery runs flat. Pairing them to your computer isn't as straight forward as it should be, sometimes it takes several attempts however once paired they rarely drop the connection, especially when paired to an AptX source and the range is pretty good, its even possible to move from room to room and not drop the signal.

This is all very well, but in the end of the day it all comes down to how they sound and I must say that in this area they are a little disappointing. I wouldn't put the sound quality as anything better than average and be aware that they don't go very loud, in fact they are very soft indeed. While I appreciate Sennheisers' concern for my hearing I would think that these could go a good deal louder without being a danger. For a product specifically designed for use outside the home their lack of volume is a real problem, extraneous sounds are clearly audible to an intrusive degree. Things are slightly better using the cable but that defeats the object of buying bluetooth headphones in the first place.

I wouldn't recommend buying these without hearing them first.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not Great!!!, 4 Jun 2014
Pros:
1. Good sound
2. Works quite good with Bluetooth
3. Battery for bluetooth can be removed from headphone and put separately for charging which is cool.

Cons:
1. Iphone volume control or song change controls doesn't work when u connect through wire with ur iphone which works perfectly when bluetooth is on even when u r connected through wire.
2. So called head supports on top starts hurting after using it for couple of hrs. I think they should have extended the padding through out the head body.

4.0 out of 5 stars Generally brilliant., 30 May 2014
Mr. C. Renshaw (Liverpool, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought these because I always liked the idea of wireless headphones. I am not disappointed.

They paired with my computer perfectly (iMac Late 2013), and charged fully after a respectable 3 hours. I have yet to run out of battery and I have been listening for a good 8 hours.

Sound isolation is better than I expected, very little sound escapes even on max volume (which is only really noticeable when in a silent room)

They are easily foldable, very lightweight and come with many charge options, plus a handy little bag.

I am no audiophile, mind you, but in my humble opinion sound quality is generally great; very well rounded. Jazz and Classical music specifically sound fantastic.

The main problem I have with them (though this is probably because I have a relatively over-proportionated head) is comfort. The headphones press very hard on my ears and thus it becomes quite a chore for me to listen to music for longer that 20-30 minute periods at a time. Perhaps I just need to get used to them still, but they do hurt quite a bit.

Overall though, that is my only gripe (albeit a fairly big gripe, at least for me) wish I could give these 5 stars but for the poor comfort is a real letdown.

Either way, I recommend these headphones.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not compatible with PC?, 29 Mar 2014
They worked straight away with my Galaxy smartphone, good sound too, but don't seem to be able to play the music from my bluetooth enabled HP Envy Dv6 PC...although the pairing was successful with it, and the headphones show up as connected on my PC, but sound continues to play through PC speakers, even with headphones switched on, I keep getting the blue flashing LED light, indicating the device is out of range, even though it's not the case..any ideas? Many thanks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much loved present, 12 Feb 2014
given as a present, the recipient loves them. Have listened to them myself and feel I bought a great present

3.0 out of 5 stars Expensive for what it is!!, 27 Sep 2013
Sound is just about ok, but nothing special considering the price. Base and treble range seems limited, not lively enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars These headphones are utterly stellar, 23 Sep 2013
After they were recommended by two friends I took the plunge and bought them. I have to say, I love them to bits!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing headphones, 10 Sep 2013
seonaid mackenzie "I work average 15 hour da... (London, Great Britain) - See all my reviews
These were a birthday present for my 12 year old son, and he loves them great sound, wonderful blue tooth a huge hit, thank you also for speedy delivery,

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›