I bought these because they use the AptX codec and because Sennheiser have a good reputation. The AptX codec does offer significantly better sound over the standard A2DP codec and if you are after a pair of bluetooth cans then definitely make sure they are AptX enabled. I got these for use when I'm out and about, traveling etc. as they fold down to a very easily portable size. The construction looks solid enough and I don't think they would break easily, however I would have liked to have them supplied with a hard or a least firmly padded case instead of the soft case supplied. That said, the rubber flap which covers the charging port would not fit back into place after a couple of uses and so I had to remove it completely, not good.

They come with a cable for when you cannot use the bluetooth facility such as on an airplane or when the battery runs flat. Pairing them to your computer isn't as straight forward as it should be, sometimes it takes several attempts however once paired they rarely drop the connection, especially when paired to an AptX source and the range is pretty good, its even possible to move from room to room and not drop the signal.

This is all very well, but in the end of the day it all comes down to how they sound and I must say that in this area they are a little disappointing. I wouldn't put the sound quality as anything better than average and be aware that they don't go very loud, in fact they are very soft indeed. While I appreciate Sennheisers' concern for my hearing I would think that these could go a good deal louder without being a danger. For a product specifically designed for use outside the home their lack of volume is a real problem, extraneous sounds are clearly audible to an intrusive degree. Things are slightly better using the cable but that defeats the object of buying bluetooth headphones in the first place.

I wouldn't recommend buying these without hearing them first.
VINE VOICEon 8 May 2015
Gorgeous and brilliant but beware of your own hearing... all this bass amplification, surround sound, lifelike explosive vibes shaking your nerves. Life isn't like that and these cans show you real life as it is. You may hate them for it. You'll certainly need to forget those fuzzy sounds you've become used to recently. When I started with them I thought the volume was wonky because I couldn't get pure plus loud enough. Then I compared with some cheapo bluetooth cans and heard that fuzz again. I like classical, ambient, rock, old blues... these headphones are unforgiving of poor recording and muddy inputs, very unforgiving. They prove once again what we all neglect to notice that good recordings of say, a Beethoven quartet are good because real people with amazing talent use ancient collections of string, wood and metal to produce brilliantly orchestrated music that has a natural, erm "soundstage". This modern word doesn't mean, a big wall of noise; it means an actually realistic sound captured by clever positioning and mixing using top quality equipment by dedicated recording engineers and producers.

These headphones belong more to that better world from the days before beating beats beat us all down. You can now get them cheap. They're small. strong, classy and nifty. I wear them in bed and they're right enough not to fall off if I do. Love them, or leave them, but don't buy if you just want to blab about soundstage to your mates. They are not in the same class as my Dynaudio focus 140's driven by a decent amp from the same iPad using a blink DAB, but for headphones they are superb.

Haven't we been conned enough with these ridiculous cans that feel like you have a VW Beetle on each ear? This is the answer; for discerning people only. Others may hate them. I hate them sometimes, when they show up the crap recordings on some of my old CDs.

Thank God for Google Music Player, huh... Back we go supposedly to analogue but using digital. Can your bassified ears actually tell the difference between MP3, WAV, Ogg and FLAC? They will do now. And they'll show up lousy sound engineering and cobbled but flat sound-desk so-called "soundstages" where left from right is the only clear differentiation. In real life sound is almost infinite in its production and transmission.

Here's a bit of a reminder in a neat little package. Bluetooth works instantly and much better than you are expecting, almost too well, in fact. I've tried the Sennheiser 180's with Kleer technology and I'd prefer these any day. More like the old 160's, which were good but heavy on your head and sweaty. No perspiration with these at this size.

Now I'm ramblin', cos I love them, actually. They remind me of real wood and honest people with good manners.
on 4 June 2014
Pros:
1. Good sound
2. Works quite good with Bluetooth
3. Battery for bluetooth can be removed from headphone and put separately for charging which is cool.

Cons:
1. Iphone volume control or song change controls doesn't work when u connect through wire with ur iphone which works perfectly when bluetooth is on even when u r connected through wire.
2. So called head supports on top starts hurting after using it for couple of hrs. I think they should have extended the padding through out the head body.
on 3 December 2014
I have owned these headphones for 18 months.

Sound >> these headphones take about 2 weeks of regular use to wear in. At first the bass particularly is very lacking and the high end a little harsh, but eventually they wear in to a nice balanced sound, if a little quiet overall and when listening in a noisy place e.g on the bus, you lose the bass entirely.

Comfort >> these are light and comfortable headphones, though because they are on ear, if you wear glasses and the headphones for prolonged periods it can get quite sore where the ear pieces press your ear against the arm of the glasses, though this is not the fault of these headphones, just a caution to other buyers about on ear headphones in general.

Build >> the folding design is very handy and they come in a fabric pouch. Unfortunately after 12 months the power failed when the headphones were un-folded, presumably because the power cabling was pinched inside the headphones. I had them replaced under warranty but the second pair have just failed with first the sound crackling and now totally dead in the left ear piece, again most likely due to pinching of the wires inside the headphone frame.

In summary these have great sound (if a little limited on total volume if you have a quiet source or like it loud) very stable Bluetooth, but I believe a fundamental flaw in the internal wire configuration where repeated folding (by design) causes the wires to weaken and eventually fail.
on 30 May 2014
I bought these because I always liked the idea of wireless headphones. I am not disappointed.

They paired with my computer perfectly (iMac Late 2013), and charged fully after a respectable 3 hours. I have yet to run out of battery and I have been listening for a good 8 hours.

Sound isolation is better than I expected, very little sound escapes even on max volume (which is only really noticeable when in a silent room)

They are easily foldable, very lightweight and come with many charge options, plus a handy little bag.

I am no audiophile, mind you, but in my humble opinion sound quality is generally great; very well rounded. Jazz and Classical music specifically sound fantastic.

The main problem I have with them (though this is probably because I have a relatively over-proportionated head) is comfort. The headphones press very hard on my ears and thus it becomes quite a chore for me to listen to music for longer that 20-30 minute periods at a time. Perhaps I just need to get used to them still, but they do hurt quite a bit.

Overall though, that is my only gripe (albeit a fairly big gripe, at least for me) wish I could give these 5 stars but for the poor comfort is a real letdown.

Either way, I recommend these headphones.
on 13 March 2013
To have cable free headphones on a plane is a real bonus.
The only small complaint is the headphones are so well made they are a bit lacking in overall comfort if you have a large head.
I would prefer to have a cloth cover option so I can keep the sweat under control as I did find them a bit hot after a while.
Good battery live and control of the device to pause, take a phone call, skip a track etc.
Will do me very well despite the little niggles with comfort.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 29 March 2014
They worked straight away with my Galaxy smartphone, good sound too, but don't seem to be able to play the music from my bluetooth enabled HP Envy Dv6 PC...although the pairing was successful with it, and the headphones show up as connected on my PC, but sound continues to play through PC speakers, even with headphones switched on, I keep getting the blue flashing LED light, indicating the device is out of range, even though it's not the case..any ideas? Many thanks.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 15 May 2013
Good but not exceptional, it is my first Bluetooth headphones, not as comfortable and good sounding as my (wired) Bose OE (2007). Also, I used them mostly with my smartphone and unless I carry the phone in a pocket on the same side as the Bluetooth receiver it is sufficient to turn my head for the signal to drop!
Pairing is good and effortless, battery life is also good.
on 28 January 2013
I've been looking for a reasonable quality bluetooth headphone for a long time without success. I bought this on the recommendation of a trusted friend and did not regret. Although I wouldn't call it "hi-fi", the sound quality is decent enough and considering the cessation of cable fuss, a very reasonable alternative to earbuds (albeit way more expensive).
on 20 August 2013
Compact, comfortable and great sound quality! Only problem it after long use (more than 6-7 hours) when the battery dies. It can be uncomfortable to wear for more than 4-5 hours in a row. But great noise cancellation for daily use. Sound quality is fine, but sometimes I feel it is not loud enough with some tracks.