Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.85

I downloaded this free to my Kindle last night and had finished it well within the hour.

Rule 1: Work Hard
Rule 7: Plan to win
Rule 8: Know how to Negotiate
Rule 9: Grasp the bottom line
Rule 10: Communicate

These are the 10 Rules for Success. All good, common sense advice succinctly written. Whether you're a novice looking for tips or more experienced and looking to re-cap it's well worth downloading.

It did of course do the job it was written to do, Karren Brady being a marketing master, I've now downloaded her book Strong Woman, this being an extract, and I'm enjoying it immensely so far.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 30 May 2012
Karen Brady's rules for success is a short excerpt of her fuller biography (Strong Woman: Ambition, Grit and a Great Pair of Heels), focusing on some basic rules she employed in getting to where she is today.

The rules she introduces are:

- Work Hard
- Have Confidence
- Embrace Ambition
- Have the courage to take a risk
- Take a reality check
- Learn to Juggle
- Plan to win
- Know how to Negotiate
- Grasp the bottom line
- Communicate

In essence they can be summarized as define where you want to go and then work hard and be focused in getting there. She certainly advocates a very masculine way of going about things, which may not be to every reader's liking, even if following the principles is likely to lead to success.

Given the length of the book, the author out of necessity cannot provide much meat on the 'theoretical bones' - i.e. it is more a prescriptive list than a detailed examination of each of the topics with a wealth of examples and a nuanced apprach at comparing the strengths and weaknesses of each recommendation.

While I cannot disagree with any of the points in principle, I still find What They Don't Teach You At Harvard Business School to be a much better (if longer) guide to the topic.
on 31 March 2013
I liked this book. I wasn't sure before I read it that I liked Karren Brady much but I was fascinated about how she juggles work and children and how she achieved so much so young. Having read the book though I actually like her more and as Karren states in her book the press give her a hard time, and the perception is that she is a hard nosed business woman. Actually she's a very committed, focused business woman how like most working mothers struggles to balance the demands of her family and work. I don't think I learned anything new but still an interesting read.
on 18 February 2013
Some good advice contained in this short book, although nothing really new in it if you have read similar titles by other successful people, it goes go to show that these kinds of skills and traits probably do go a good way to helping you reach your goals.
This book is a little biased towards the female viewpoint, although I suppose that is the viewpoint she comes from and the viewpoint a lot of her readers will be wanting, there are still some great tips for anyone wanting to be their best.
Short enough to finish in a sitting a definitely worth a look.
on 2 April 2012
I really enjoyed this book. It hit all the right spots and is jammed with great advice. Recommended.Used in conjunction with another recent readBe smart! Be successful! Be wealthy! I reckon I've got all the bases covered now and am looking forward to a fantastic future!
on 2 April 2012
I have never read a self help book before and when I saw it on the free list, I thought that I would give it a go! As a working mum, I found a lot of what Karren Brady said to be common sense but it was nice to know that my outlook is a positive one. However the one thing I will do is to be a bit more confident. Here's to an even more successful future!!!
on 3 April 2013
I could have written this myself - really couldn't find anything useful that I hadn't worked out for myself already.
on 5 January 2013
1 star not for the '10 Rules' being bad, but for the value for money - this is just an abstract from the 'Strong Woman: Ambition, Grit and a Great Pair of Heels' book; if I had known that before the purchase, I would have bought original text. Did not do my research before buying though, so I guess it's my fault. Yet I would never expect just an abstract being sold separately....

Otherwise it's good. Not great, but good. Well written, but like with any other guide, it won't change your life - unless you have this magical ability to apply recipes in your lives straight away.
on 15 October 2014
Amazon you need to make it clearer to your customers that they are not buying the entire book!
on 4 April 2015
Excellent and inspirational book. My only criticism would be that it is rather sexist and written mainly for ladies. This is very understandable as she was one of the first and youngest female entrepreneurs within a male-driven world. However, I whole-heartedly agree that more women need to be in Company boardrooms and this book will show how.