Right from the introduction to Sex God, Rob Bell coins the phrase 'this is about that'.

It's his way of summing up his argument that sexuality is really about human longing to connect with something more significant then our everyday lives, something that will make sense of everything else, even for just a few minutes. Basically, sex is about God...
Published on 5 Mar 2007 by i wrote this

3.0 out of 5 stars Product review
Published 9 months ago by Fruit Tea Lover

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars An honest and thought provoking book about sexuality that gives a neat overview of Christian beliefs, 5 Mar 2007
i wrote this "i did" (Bucks) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

I'd like to apply this idea to the whole book, 'this' (the book) 'is really about that' (relationships, marrage, Christianity, churches, politics, heart break, singleness, life). Bell manages to cover an incredible amount of ground during what is a pretty short book. His writing is compassionate, enthusiastic, witty, thought provoking and inspiring.

I would recommend this book to anyone in a relationship, couples who are starting out as well as couples who have been together a long time. I'm going to buy a copy for people who are getting married and I would recommend it as a wedding gift.

I would also recommend it to anyone interested in Christian beliefs as the overview offered here is as insightful as anything I have read anywhere else, and the whole 'sex' thing makes sure it stays interesting ;-)

My only criticism is that Bell does not approach the subject of homosexuality. This has become such a large issue in the Christian church that I was personally very disappointed to see a new book on sexuality by such a prominant Christian pastor not even mention it.

Overall, this is an improvement over his last book 'Velvet Elvis' and it deserves to become one of those 'must read' books that people pass around.

5.0 out of 5 stars best book i ever read!, 25 Mar 2012
my friend bought me this book about 5-6 years ago and since then it has sat on my self gathering dust. after my wife left me to find a man with more money something made me pick it up and read it. every day i read it my life just seemed to get better and better. this book really opened my eyes to what i knew was there, but never delved into. it helped me get through my wife taking my son 200 miles away from me and maybe even helped me find my new girlfriend? who knows?... all i know is, that this book has made me feel so good inside! i feel like a happier person after reading it! even if your not a Christian you should still be able to read it, even if you just think of god and the bible as just a story. the meaning and emotions behind it will change you for the better. :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars exploring, 24 April 2012
A really good read- made sense, easy to read, helped with sorting out some misconceptions and cut through the crap.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent modern treatment of sexuality, 15 Feb 2012
'Sex God' is an excellent treatment of the issue of sexuality, offering insight for Christian couples as well as the most compelling argument for sexual purity. Bell is at his best when he engages the culture.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 26 Jun 2011
T. Bryant (UK, West Midlands) - See all my reviews
If you find Rob Bell good to listen to, then you'll enjoy this book. It's clear for almost everyone to understand, and it manages to avoid any cringe that could come with the subject. Higly recommended by me and my friends both male and female.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book on sexuality I've ever read, 16 Aug 2007
J. Clarke (Coleraine, Londonderry United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Fantastic book, After reading it, I immediately went and bought my son a copy. It's simple to read yet also thoughtful and deep. Definately reccomend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 11 Feb 2014
This review is from: Sex God: Exploring the Endless Questions Between Spirituality and Sexuality (Kindle Edition)
This is the best book about the place of sex in the world that I have ever read. It deals clearly with sex from a Biblical perspective but in a transforming, creative and exciting way rather than the usual moral admonishments and prohibitions. Everyone should read it, whatever their age or relationship status, since it goes far beyond the issue of personal sexual relations.

3.0 out of 5 stars Product review, 7 Dec 2013
Found this book went into quite a great deal of pages of history and left me not getting to the end of the book. Never got an answer to what a Christian needs to do in order to not allow sex to overtake our minds. What I have found with maturity despite going through a high level of cognitive dissonance(in relation to sex) is to keep so close to the Lord. Read his word, meditate on it and keep your mind off things like TV, adverts, movies while you drench yourself in his Word. Singing songs of praise is also good. Wish churches would tell us before we'd end up in troubling situations....

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 7 Oct 2013
I'm not that great at starting or completely books. But I try. This is the first book in a long while that when I finally got round to reading thoroughly enjoyed and wanted to finish. I really enjoyed this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 17 Aug 2013
Always enjoy Rob Bell's writing and found this book fascinating and would so love everyone to read it and understand, it would transform society and make this earth a great place to live.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›