5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than the first

Published 20 months ago by Deborah

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Contains spoilers beware, 5 Nov 2012
Deborah - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Eternal Destiny - Book 2 (The Ruby Ring Saga) (Kindle Edition)
I don't often review books and I've never given a negative review before. I read the first book (free read) and the reviews were so good I purchased the second now I'm confused because no one else mentioned it but they seem very good at spotting the ruby immortal rings so when they killed Grace thinking she was Elizabeth no one noticed that she wasn't wearing one which, since it was common knowledge she was mated to Charles she should have been. Then thinking that they'd killed Elizabeth no one seemed at all surprised that Charles was still alive when he would have died when she did. I've given this book 2 stars because this spoilt the rest of the book for me I only continued reading in the hope that this would somehow be explained away, now I did skim read the rest since my heart was no longer in it so if I missed the answer let me know but as it stands I won't read anything by this author again.

A comment was made about my review by Donna Johnson explaining that she would fix this problem, apparently she's gone back to book one and changed the ending and completely taken out Prince Charles leaving Sarah to go looking only for Gloria. Hopefully this made the book make sense and anyone reading this after the changes on 14th Nov 2012 should be ok.

5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than the first, 17 Mar 2012
I read the first book of the Ruby Ring series and couldn't wait to get home from work to pick up the second book to find out how the story between Sarah and the immortal Victor progresses. In Book one, Sarah entered Victor's world by chance when she stepped through a portal in time that once swallowed up her sister. Sarah's struggling to find her way in this new world. Even though adjusting doesn't come easily, she's tough and won't give up her quest to solve the mystery about her sister's disappearance.
When first signs appear that something horrible happened to Liz, Sarah's determined to find her no matter what. But to do so she must risk her own life by exposing herself to her pursuers. The Immortal Court is not pleased that Victor shared the Ruby Ring with his new wife, Sarah. For his reckless behavior, he must be punished with death, and so must Sarah. More than ever before, Victor's determined to save both Sarah's and his life...even if it means going against her will. So he hunts her down wherever she's going, watching her, helping her to learn to use her powers, keeping them alive when in reality all he wants is her.

The romance part was definitely heating up in this book. I found myself blushing a few times and wishing Victor wasn't just a figment of the author's imagination. The second book of the series also has more drama, more action, and an ending that left me wishing there was another book in the series so I would get to continue following the characters' lives. Eternal Destiny was definitely one of those emotional reads you cannot put down. If you love your males strong and your heroines funny and stubborn, and a good romance that also offers a bit of a mystery, this is the book for you. I thoroughly enjoyed it and can only recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 9 July 2014
Entertaining read

4.0 out of 5 stars a nice romance / fiction and fairytail all rolled into one, 25 Jun 2014
If you love fiction romance and happily ever after this is the book for you!
Well worth a read a lovely fairytail with a lot of romance but a bit too happily ever after for me!

3.0 out of 5 stars Eternal Destiny Book 2, 12 Jun 2014
An interesting concept and leaves you wondering what will happen in the future. A little unbelievable in parts
but a fun read if a little gory.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 5 Jun 2014
Can not put it down. It's just addictive. It's not written very well but you just have to keep reading to find out what happens next.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eternal destiny book 2, 16 Mar 2014
I read the first book and wasn't really taken with it initially but that changed towards the end and I just had to buy this book! I was gripped from the start and glad to say that this book is soooo much better then the first! I love Sarah's character even tho she initially annoyed me, but then again so did Victor s character. The transformation of both delighted me and the adventure captivated me...love it

5.0 out of 5 stars yay want to read more, 12 Feb 2014
This book is great loving this story and all characters off to buy the next one right now fantastic all round good read

5.0 out of 5 stars Eternal Destiny, 30 Dec 2013
I bought this book because i like the first book of the series and i wanted to continue the story

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, 28 Oct 2013
This book if written well might have been ok but the whole story seems to have lost its way - I don't really care about the characters or what happens to any of them - its cheesy in places she should have amalgamated them into one book - poor editing and I won't be wasting anymore time with what can at best be called drivel

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›