Published on 22 April 2012 by Ian

3.0 out of 5 stars Works fine except activity LED does not light up.
Published 21 months ago by Alan Laurie

5.0 out of 5 stars Additional comments for Integral SDHC Card Reader by MDT Tech, 22 April 2012
This review is from: Genuine Integral Card Reader SDHC SDXC
I have now used this product for a few days and it is really good. Solid construction, grips the card firmly, I've not had an "unrecognised media" error on XPSP3 using a USB2.0 port. Transfers are fast and accurate. I insert the card into the reader, then insert the loaded reader onto the USB connection. Within seconds, XP has recognised the device and "My Computer" shows the card's name, file system, etc as soon as you like. Clicking open is rapid and dragging/dropping as quick as a regular USB storage dongle. I use the option for quick removal, which means that I can simply "Eject" the device without needing to wait for WIndows to finalise the files (i.e. I disable "write caching". Theoretically, this should mean slower writes to the card as they are not buffered to the hard drive, but unless you are writing huge files (my cards are 8GB, Class 4), you won't notice). I keep this device with my "point and shoot" camera and it is soooo much faster than plugging the camer into USB for picture files transfer. Using Windows, it is also much, much quicker to use this device to erase old files too! Cards appear as USB-Drive(s), just like a solid-state chip (in fact that's what these cards are!) and that means nearly all of the options are available. You can "quick" format the card (8GB Class 4) in under 10 seconds (computer dependant), add folders/files, etc. If adding files, make sure that you name them like the camera does (e.g. DSC100-0023 or similar otherwise the camera may not "see" them). Another advantage is that most camera-USB cables do not charge the camera while in USB-data mode: camera batteries take a heavy beating doing all the file working as the +5V rail is not available. Put a second card into the camera (so cheap nowadays - see Amazon sellers, you can get 8GB (about 1300-odd pix or 30 min video depending on settings) for a fiver or less!) and your camera is instantly ready while you process your pictures!

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuine Integral Card Reader SDHC SDXC, 18 April 2012
This review is from: Genuine Integral Card Reader SDHC SDXC
Seems to be well built and a very good price with free delivery. I only hope that it lasts longer than a previous card reader of unknown brand, which only lasted a dozen or so uses. Would have preferred the design which incorporates a covered card slot with the card in place, but they all seem to be less well built. So far I've only tried SDHC cards in this reader on my PC running Windows 7, will need to see if the claim to support high speed cards runs true. Feel that my last reader failure could have been due to high speed card, so went for the one that mentioned it supported both Windows 7 and high speed cards.

THERE FOLLOWS AN EDITED REVIEW PLACED A MONTH AFTER RECEIVING THE ITEM:

I CAN NOW SAY THAT THE READER IS OF REALLY GOOD QUALITY; IT IS WELL BUILT AND LOOKS QUALITY. I HAVE NOW HAD THE OPPORTUNITY OF DOWNLOADING FROM TWO DIFFERENT HIGH SPEED SDHC CARDS NUMEROUS TIMES AND THE READER CONTINUES TO WORK PERFECTLY. I FEEL HAPPY THAT I MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE. ON THIS OCCASION "GENUINE" MEANS GENUINE!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, but good reader, 11 Aug 2012
J. C. Miller "caravanman" (East Yorkshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Genuine Integral Card Reader SDHC SDXC
This card reader is ONLY for SD type cards, but does handle all variants.
There is a single slot for all of the cards on the side of the reader and a single USB plug on the end.
You will need to make sure that there is sufficient room to plug it in without fouling any adjoining slots which have something plugged into them, but apart from that there is really nothing to go wrong.
Plug it in and windows will install the appropriate driver, then its just a matter of treating it like another drive.
A good piece of kit for someone who does not need a multi-card reader, and very cheap. Can be recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works fine except activity LED does not light up., 6 Oct 2012
Alan Laurie (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Genuine Integral Card Reader SDHC SDXC
There was a delay in my receiving this item. It did not turn up so after about 2 weeks I contacted the seller who replied the following day stating they would send another. 8 days later it arrived. It came in what I believe was correct Integral packaging and it works fine but the activity LED does not light up. This is not very important, though it does raise the concern of quality and future reliability. In view of the very low cost and the unreliable delivery I obviously just kept it.

5.0 out of 5 stars card reader, 26 July 2012
This review is from: Genuine Integral Card Reader SDHC SDXC
This product arrived very quickly, so now i am able to put my photos onto my computer or watch them on the tv

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 27 Sep 2012
This review is from: Genuine Integral Card Reader SDHC SDXC
I will have no hesitation in buying more of these, fast, simple, and so far reliable. My PC found and installed within seconds and the data transfer speed with my 45MPS SD card is superb.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Genuine Integral Card reader is really fast, 2 Oct 2012
This review is from: Genuine Integral Card Reader SDHC SDXC
I bought this to replace an Integral card reader that had stopped working. I had always been impressed by the ease with which my old reader and two others I have used transferred photographs to my computer. But this one, WOW! It is simply stunning. I can't get over how quickly it reads and transfers my photographs.

My old card was a bit slow but I had always thought it was understandable that I would have to wait a while if my card contained lots of photographs and some videos. This card though reads everything in the blink of an eye. It is amazing. I guess this is the difference between buying a genuine Integral card and a copy. I had considered buying a cheaper card reader but, after reading the reviews, thought I'd try the Genuine one. I am so glad I did.

To pay such a low price for such a good reader is brilliant. As one reviewer noted they are sent from Switzerland and postage to the UK upped its price but the cost to you is no more than stated (No extra postage costs on top of the stated price). What he says is nonsense. It is like saying I wish I had paid a few pence less for an old banger from England rather than paying for this Porche that came from Switzerland.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 10 Sep 2012
J.C (Barrow-Upon-Humber) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Genuine Integral Card Reader SDHC SDXC
After read errors asking to format my SD cards found out i needed a more up to date card reader..
works a treat on my Sandisk 64gb 45mb card no problem also supporting XC & HC so now a happy buyer..

Looks and feels a well made peace and at this price be rude not too

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice bit of kit, 5 Jun 2012
This review is from: Genuine Integral Card Reader SDHC SDXC
This works well and is fast. I also like the fact that it has the ability to be connected to a neck cord. The only problem I have encountered is the fact that the SD card inserts laterally, and therefore in 50% of cases, when using a laptop computer, the card gets in the way of the table surface - necessitating the elevation of the laptop (on a book or something). A good buy however.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working killing my SD card in the process., 10 Mar 2014
This review is from: Genuine Integral Card Reader SDHC SDXC
One fine day (about 4 months after the purchase) the card reader stopped being recognised properly in Win7. I then tried the SDCard using two other card readers I have. I managed to salvage some data and then the SD card quickly deteriorated.. and died.
A few days later I bought a new card and tried to download the newly taken pictures. No luck at all with that card reader. When I tried with another reader (one of those I used before) I managed to copy the files to my PC. Putting the card back to this reader led to.. nothing. The card is not recognised.
This experience leads me to believe the problematic part is the Integral card reader.. I liked it while it worked.. no more though.

Genuine Integral Card Reader SDHC SDXC