5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Sound at a bargain price!
Published on 22 Aug 2012 by H. R. Donovan

3.0 out of 5 stars Great value but with some issues
Published 15 months ago by uk4love

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Sound at a bargain price!, 22 Aug 2012
This review is from: AZATOMŽ UFO Docking station portable speaker for iPod & iPhone / Built-in High power rechargable battery / Remote Control / Unique design / Quality sound with bass port technology (Electronics)
My husband bought this to replace an apple ipod speaker dock that had broken. WOW I was not disappointed, the sound quality is far far superior to the previous unit which cost over 3 times the price of this one. The AZATOM is excellent quality, looks and feels a lot more expensive than it cost and is absolutely BRILLIANT! My 17 year old daughter was amazed by how good it is epeciallythe quality of the bass (surround she said!). The remoted control is easy to use and the unit is compact smart and a perfect size for a bedside locker etc. A small unit which makes a BIG impact. I could not be more pleased with this purchase, it is fabulous!!

5.0 out of 5 stars AZATOM UFO, 7 July 2013
I was looking for a docking station that was ultra portable for going on holiday, not too heavy for a case. I f I could help it, I didn't want to compromise on sound. I have been looking at various docking stations and the prices vary quite wildly. The UFO seemed to fit the bill. I was aware of the poor reviews but as they were well outweighed by the good, thought that it was a safe bet.

I have to say, I made the best choice. I do consider myself an audiophile and I am very picky with sounds. Fair enough, this station will never match up to the separates I have in the living room but it does exactly what I need it too. The sound fills the room quite easily and even pushing it to go louder fails to distort the sound.

The unit is easy to use with the three buttons on the front for volume control and power on/off. The connector is solid and the flap which protects it from dust also serves as a back support. I was impressed with the fact that my iPod Classic fits without me having to take the rugged plastic protective case off. I have another docking station which forces me to take the case off.

The remote is a tad flimsy but does what it needs to do and is simple to use.

I think that my favourite part is that the unit has a rechargeable battery allowing the UFO to be ultra portable. While I purchased this mainly for our holiday, I know that it will get use around the house and I don't have to be looking for a socket to plug it in to use. Battery life is very good between charges. Note that when the unit is operated by battery it does not charge the iPod.

Overall this was a fantastic purchase and I would wholly recommend the UFO. It arrives well packaged and within a couple of days of ordering.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Sound Quality, 21 Nov 2012
The sound quality is great - although I'm not sure I get 10 hours of playback with a full charge of the battery - as claimed by the manufacturers. Still - it's handy to take this with me when I'm cooking in the kitchen or elsewhere. The other bonus is that I don't need to remove the case from ipod classic 160Gig/ipod 2nd generation. It also charges my iphone 4s without having to remove the case. There are very few dockers in the market which allow use/re-charging without having to remove the case.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great value but with some issues, 2 Jun 2013
I ordered this one and it arrived promptly. It was good value, exactly as described, and came quickly. However, after about 5 hours of continuous play, the unit stopped working. When I emailed the seller, they responded quickly to ask if it was an issue with the adaptor. The light on the power plug wouldn't turn on so they sent me a new one, which arrived a few days later. When tested, the new adaptor didn't work either so they seller asked me to send them back the unit. I sent it back via first class royal mail (paid for it myself) and didn't hear from them for a few days. After asking again, they said they've run the diagnostics and were sending me a new one. I finally received a new one a few days later and it seems to be working so far! So all in all, it took several weeks of back and forth before we finally got a unit that works. In the meantime, I had purchased a different speaker on a trip to the States. Sound quality is great and the remote is handy. I'm glad that the seller responded fairly promptly although I do wish that they paid for the postage to send back the unit.

5.0 out of 5 stars AZATOMŽ UFO Docking station portable speaker for iPod & iPhone, 9 Feb 2013
Peter Thomas - See all my reviews
A hand's width device that produces sound you'd not be critical of from your average mini hi-fi.Neat little remote. Arrived on time, securely packaged. Price, remarkable!

5.0 out of 5 stars great!, 27 Oct 2012
this is a cracking bit of kit,the sound is awsome plus my ipod fits in it with a protective cover on,quite like the dust proof cover when not in use to,worth every penny.

1.0 out of 5 stars Light compact unit, good sound but unreliable, 31 Jan 2014
The unit arrived very quickly. It is compact, light and the sound is good. The remote is a bit flimsy but works fine. However the problems started when I realised my unit was defective. The manual states the charger will flash whilst charging and stop flashing when fully charged. Mine did not do this, so I contacted the seller who told me the manual was wrong. I agreed to charge it overnight and then try it again. However, having been charged overnight it only played for a very short time and then cut out. It only works properly on mains, but it was the re-chargeable option I wanted. Maybe it is too cheap a unit to do this? I have emailed and phoned the seller requesting a pre paid returns label three times for an exchange but the label never arrives. I think the seller is hoping I will pay for the return postage or put up with a faulty device. Sadly, I will be returning the unit and won't be exchanging for another unit. The seller also seems very reluctant to send a VAT invoice. All in all if you want a light compact rechargeable docking station which gives good sound in a reasonable sized room, this is a good purchase for the money, as long as you don't get a rogue unit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Sound, 8 Jun 2013
I acquired two of these one for my daughter and one for me. Both of us agree that the sound quality is excellent and the dock is very useful in itself for re-charging.

5.0 out of 5 stars Azatom Docking, 10 Aug 2012
very well made docking station with good bass responce good looking ststion and can be taken anyware with you, good value for money.would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected!, 2 Dec 2012
I recently bought this for my daughter's birthday. I know next to nothing about these things, not owning an ipod, but I took a chance based on the excellent reviews on Amazon. I'm pleased to say my daughter was thrilled with just how good this piece of kit is and having listened to it I was amazed at the quality of the sound. It just shows you don't have to pay a fortune for a docking station. Thank you fellow reviewers for pointing me in the right direction!