5.0 out of 5 stars good bit of kit
having looked a several hands free kits, and asking friends i chose this one, it works well in all the vehicles i drive, along with the 2 mobile phones i have.
have already told my friends about how good this unit works.
good bit of kit and easy to use.
Published on 9 Nov 2010 by Mr. L. D. Metheringham

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit disappointed after the rave reviews
I spent a long time reading the reviews for similar products before finally purchasing the supertooth buddy, which received excellent reviews on amazon. Although the product is OK and does the basics I'd expect, I suspect I could've spent half the money and achieved the same outcomes.
Firstly it wasn't as easy as everyone said to set up and connect it to my HTC...
Published on 30 May 2011 by SussexGuy

‹ Previous | 1 2 377 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 28 Aug 2010
H. Walker (Doncaster, S. Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I got the Supertooth Buddy with the intention of using the multipoint function, to connect both my work and personal mobiles at the same time. I have to say it works brilliantly! The supertooth cuts out background music (if it isn't too loud) and other background distortions at the other end to give the person on the other end of the line a clear and loud voice to talk to. In the car its also loud and clear, though I found it depends on the phone thats connected, my work phone had a different volume to my personal phone, but this was easily sorted by upping the volume on the offending phone.

With both phones I use (A HTC Touch Pro 2 and a Nokia 6310i) the Supertooth connects automatically to both and as the HTC supports Bluetooth 2.1 EDR I didn't have to put in a passcode for it to pair. You hear a nice "beep beep" when a device connects.

The battery life on the Supertooth is absolutely great, in 6 weeks I've only charged it up TWICE (I do turn it off if I'm leaving the car for long periods). I did once leave it on overnight, and it still worked for the full week afterwards without a charge.

I would definitely recommend the Supertooth Buddy for the price!

3.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says..., 15 July 2012
DP "dp" (Wokingham, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: SuperTooth Buddy 2.1 Handsfree Bluetooth Visor Speakerphone Car Kit with Universal In-Car Smartphone Suction Holder for iPhone 3G/3GS/4/4S/5/5S/5C and Samsung Galaxy S3/S4 - Black (Accessory)
Slips onto a visor.
Charges rapidly, and holds charge for five-seven days at least.
Good quality calls, both ways.
Pairs with two phones (BB/iPhone) simultaneously, no need to reenter any codes.
Pretty good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbeatable for the price, surely?, 28 Nov 2011
southcoastreviewer "perpetual student" (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
After getting sick to death of missing phone calls whilst stuck on the M6 on the way home from work, I decided to invest in a bluetooth solution for me car.

But I didn't want to invest too heavily as

a) I wanted something portable, not built in to the car
b) It's pointless getting something linked in to my awful, awful stereo
c) It's a 107. In a few years, the handsfree would be worth more than the car

But mainly, I wanted something portable and with clarity :)

The ST Buddy does it all pretty much out of the box - literally. Simply power this little guy on after an initial charge, and with bluetooth enabled on your mobile device, it picks it up, syncs, and... well, that's it - it *is* that simple.

I have used this with my iPhone 3Gs, the older Curve model of Blackberry and the newer Storm - all work an absolute treat with minimal fuss. The audio is sometimes a little fuzzy, but this is in low signal areas and so is to be expected. The battery life is immense, and the ST buddy is large enough so as you don't forget it's in the car (leaving it latched to the visor) but not so large as to be obtrusive to your vision.

5 star recommendation - especially for the very keen price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not Good Enough!, 24 Jan 2014
Reading the many positive reviews made me to buy this product and even 2, one for my car and one for my wife's...
The product paired with my phone instantly and worked out of the box.At first everyone could hear me very good until I put the other very same unit in my wife`s car. Although has been described as noise canceling, let me tell you we hear echo and sound distortion most of the time on the both sides of the conversation!!It is VERY BAD!Sometimes we have to hang up because it is unbearable!If I want to link my Bluetooth Skype phone it will not work with it every time so... very annoying because instead of being safe driving you always have to stop to pair it again and again until eventually you will be able to talk trough it! Can not be compared with my ex car Nokia integrated Bluetooth at all!
Summary:
Tiny sound, echo and sound distortion,cheap looking, voice command is useless, not fit for the task!

Update:
People who I am talking to are complaining from not being able to understand me, the minute I turn it the so called Buddy off and switch to the headset they are happy to talk to me.Some people would just say to me to call them when I am not in the car because they can not hear me properly and the sound is really irritating!
What is the point of having such device? DO NOT BUY IT, IT IS A WASTE OF MONEY AND YOUR TIME!
Can not understand the positive reviews most likely most people are not using it daily or used to have even worse than that device, but I know it could be much better, should have gone for Parrot devise instead!

5.0 out of 5 stars great hands free kit, 22 Jan 2014
As most of the other reviews suggest, this is quite an excellent bit of kit for the price. Used it for my I phone 5 no problem, paired up immediately and quality of both calls and recieved is great, can't fault it.

2.0 out of 5 stars It doesn't connect with one of my Samsung Galaxy phones, 15 May 2013
I bought this item and delivery was quick. It connected well to my Galaxy Acer, but would not connect to my Samsung Galaxy which is my work phone and the one I needed to get connected.

1.0 out of 5 stars Keep your money, 24 Feb 2013
D. Robertson - See all my reviews
Bought this thinking it would solve all my in car problems. Wrong. Tried it for quite some time thinking that its poorperformance might be due to duff spots. Although I could hear the people I was calling ok, they couldn't understand what I was saying. Making it useless as a communication tool. Chucked out. Gave it one star for arriving quickly

4.0 out of 5 stars Its good quality, But has 2 drawbacks, 19 Jan 2011
Rohit Khullar - See all my reviews
This is great device, as in superb voice quality and good echo cancellation. However it lacks two very important features. It does not speaks the name of the caller and also does not have a CLI display screen. That is it is not a 100% 'eyes on the road' device. Supertooth have another model which does the talking part atleast. Unfortunately couldn't go for replacement as I was leaving UK soon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product, not perfect but at this price...., 28 July 2014
I have only had the device for a couple of weeks but for the price I doubt I could find anything better. It has given me the freedom to make calls whilst on the move, which is a useful way to eat up some of those commuter hours each week.

Connects easily to Blackberry Q10, integrates fine.

Voice recognition doesn't work sometimes, I believe it uses data services to access voice recog. systems online...

It's not perfect, if you have multiple entries for a contact it struggles to enable you to select the right one. If you only use part of a name it doesn't say there are multiple matches it just goes for the first one.

I guess you could tailor your contacts naming to make it easier to call the people and services you call frequently.

The Q10 is touch screen so it's not a big issue.

Operation of the supertooth is very simple.

The window mount for your phone is very useful, reasonable quality with a few weaknesses, most notable is that it is easy to lift the handset bracket off the mount during operation.

If you want a cheap and easier to fit solution it's very good value.

2.0 out of 5 stars At the time i had a HTC Wildfire phone which paired easily with the SuperTooth, 12 Aug 2014
Purchased one of these for my work van (Transit). At the time i had a HTC Wildfire phone which paired easily with the SuperTooth. When using the Buddy it was clear but i did struggle to hear a lot of the time, i think the speaker is so small it probably lacks a bit of power, having said that, a Transit is not the quietest vehicle so to be fair its sound quality would probably be fine in a car.
Purchased another one for my wife's car. At the time she had a Samsung Galaxy phone and it would not pair with the Buddy no matter how many times i tried!!!
We wasn't too bothered due to my wife and i upgrading our phones, both to i-phones. The buddy would not pair to these either!! I have since tried pairing the Buddy with other older phones and it worked!!! Maybe i was doing something wrong but i repeated the same procedure as my older phone!!
To be honest its too late now to get a refund so I'm going to try to find someone who has an older phone (it seems).
When it did work it was no too bad to be fair.

‹ Previous | 1 2 377 | Next ›