5.0 out of 5 stars A Grecophile's delight!
Published 21 months ago by A. Norman

3.0 out of 5 stars Not worth reading
This book gives the impression that its worth reading, but unfortunately, it isn't.
The only good thing, is that I bought it for my tablet, so it was easily deleted.
Published 8 months ago by MR R TERRY

5.0 out of 5 stars A Grecophile's delight!, 8 Nov 2012
This review is from: Agapi Mou (my beloved) (Kindle Edition)
This is a beautiful, haunting, sometimes funny, sometimes tragic story of separated lovers, reminiscent of "Captain Corelli's Mandolin" in many ways, with glorious descriptions of life in Greece and peppered with familiar and not-so-familiar Greek words and phrases. For anyone who has visited the Greek islands it is a must-read. I loved it. I keep a list of all the books I have read on my Kindle, and then rate them out of ten; this was way up at the top there, probably with eleven out of ten! Wonderful.

5.0 out of 5 stars if you like Greece and the people you will love it, 7 July 2014
This review is from: Agapi Mou (my beloved) (Kindle Edition)
if you like Greece and the people you will love it

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 10 Jun 2014
This review is from: Agapi Mou (my beloved) (Kindle Edition)
Enjoyed this story could not put it down. Every time I read it I could feel the soon and hear the sea

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor English and Greek, 31 May 2014
This review is from: Agapi Mou (my beloved) (Kindle Edition)
Very badly written.Felt like it was written over a weekend and no one proof read it.Also if the author has a house on Zante his Greek should be much better,or know a local who could correct him.I wouldn't want to read more of his books as I found his use of the English language or lack of it cringingly bad.

1.0 out of 5 stars Agapi mou, 28 Mar 2014
This review is from: Agapi Mou (my beloved) (Kindle Edition)
What a disappointment!I fell in love with Zakynthos after a holiday there.where was the atmosphere? ,the description of this beautiful island?Donnie could have been on any island,too many boring travel details. Maureen Keeton Derbyshire

3.0 out of 5 stars Not worth reading, 7 Dec 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful book to read, 24 Oct 2013
This review is from: Agapi Mou (my beloved) (Kindle Edition)
This book was chosen because of the greek concept.
Having spent many times in Greece mostly on islands and having greek friends
it gave you a great insight into family customs and life in general.
I would encourage anyone like myself who have visited a greek island to also
read this book.

1.0 out of 5 stars Agapi Mou, 25 Aug 2013
This review is from: Agapi Mou (my beloved) (Kindle Edition)
This book was very disappointing in that if a writer is going to write about a foreign culture they need to do the research. The basis of the story was quite good but it ended with out resolving all the issues it had raised. The Greek People are a very proud race and no way would the family once in the USA not known of its origins. Just the bit about the Jewish girl marrying her Greek Beau in a Greek Church is problematic as to be married in a Greek Orthodox Church you have to produce a Christening Certificate.. there are a lot of similar mistakes and I certainly would not recommend it to anyone who knows anything about Greek Culture.. for those that don't it is a fair read. I am Greek but grew up in the UK so I know how Greek families deal with their origins when growing up abroad. I now live in Greece so again alot of her mistakes just spoil the story.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mixed Feelings, 18 Aug 2013
BOOK RAVEN (NORTH OF ENGLAND) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Agapi Mou (my beloved) (Kindle Edition)
I would really like to give this book a 3 and a half. The story basically was a good one, interesting to someone like me who has been to the Ionian Islands (and all over Greece) and there is a lot of authenticity to the story as told. However, in the kindle version, there are words missing - this example I give is not a quotation but just to show the kind of thing I mean "he asked her to inside" instead of "to come inside" then you get the drift of what I mean. This is obviously not a criticism of the author but a criticism of the process of how books get onto kindle but it DOES take away from the flow of concentration when you are reading.

There were also some absolute linguistics howlers in the book which makes me feel that "Donnie" has great ability to tell a story but not received a good education. The biggest howler was "hectors" in describing an area of land - it's "hectares" of course. This might not bother others but it annoys me to death. However, I have to say that many parts of the story were really engrossing and it was a great shame that these little hindrances were there. If the author would like me to proof read this book for him/her then I would be delighted.

Also - who is this person - I cannot find a thing out about this author which I find deeply annoying. The book is still worth reading though - especially whilst in Zante or Zakynthos. Glad I read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Book, 11 Aug 2013
This review is from: Agapi Mou (my beloved) (Kindle Edition)
This Book was brilliant, very interesting to read and a great story, I didn't want to put the book down. I wish here was a film after the book, it wold have been fantastic.

Agapi Mou (my beloved)