on 4 December 2012
This is a lovely little set of cutters. Use plenty of cornflour to roll icing out on and to dip the cutters... it is much less sticky than using icing sugar and excess can be brushed off easily. After a couple of messed up ones I got good results even on these fiddly designs!
Roll out the icing on a well dusted board. Dip and press the cutter into cornflour, tap off the excess and cut out a flake. I needed to use a sharp knife occassionally to ease a stuck flake off. They are now drying out before use and in white and pale blue look very effective... think I'll add some glitter on the cakes!!

The biggest difficulty I had is cleaning the icing from the outside of the cutter... ended up using a cocktail stick to get the compacted icing from between the snowflake prongs!!
on 14 December 2013
Just received these, not had the chance to use them yet, can't wait !
I had been badly let down when I ordered these from World Tech, they left me waiting 5 weeks for delivery, nothing arrived, then they offered a refund !! I was so disappointed as I had planned on decorating my xmas cake this year with them, & thought that there was no time left to order again from someone else.
Thank you Amazon, you never fail to deliver!! It's thanks to you I can now complete my cake decoration. They are just what I was looking for, I definitely recommend these little cutters.
on 23 March 2016
Yes they are snow flakes but not as pretty as the ones shown in the picture, they're very simple and don't have the imprint in the snowflake once cut out. Quite disappointed!
review image
on 7 November 2015
I've never made any icing decorations before and I'm so glad I chose these! They are really easy to use, just dust with a bit of cornflour or icing sugar first. Needed to do a bit of tidying up with the tip of a sharp knife but probably due to my inexperience. I used them for a Frozen birthday cake and will now use them for Christmas too. For the price I would highly recommend these.
on 8 January 2014
Once I'd got the hang of how to use them properly, they were very good and made really effective snowflakes. It wasn't that they were hard to use, I just seemed to have a mental block - it was just before Christmas, so had a few other things on my mind! I did manage to pull one apart when I was drying it, but it was equally as easy to re-insert the spring and mend it.
on 5 February 2015
Overall these do the job. Bit fiddly to get the snowflakes out after cutting (I used royal icing), so best to dip the cutter into cornflour or icing sugar before cutting, as this helps remove the snowflakes. The resulting snowflakes are super fragile, as they have some very thin branches. Next time I will roll out the icing a bit thicker.
on 11 February 2014
The cutters are good and the snowflakes come out beautiful but the material (both biscuit and sugarpaste) stick to the plastic and remain in the holes at the sides. You have to clean it constantly, which makes the work a lot more complicated.
on 3 June 2015
These are great cutters and very easy to use once you get the hang of it. I used a silicone mat underneath and didn't have any issues with the fondant sticking or getting stuck around the edges.
on 31 May 2015
Good for decorating cakes, biscuits etc. Not ideal to use if in a hurry - but decorations need care and concentration. Dip in icing sugar prior to each use seems to be advisable.
on 5 October 2015
Essential for "frozen" and christmas cakes and cookies, very easy to use, much MUCH better than other no-name cuttrs bought from unknown sellers through the internet