5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent phone
Bought this as a present for a friend who desperately needed a new phone, but had to try it out for myself first. Needless to say she nearly didn't get her present.

All my friends say I'm quite picky when it comes to buying things and am always willing to pay a bit more to ensure quality. I can happily say this is a very good buy.

PROs
Good...
Published 23 months ago by Miss Knos

3.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic KX-TG6721EM DECT phone
The phone works fine and is easy to use - the keypad is good and the display [black letters on amber LCD] is very clear.

The two main bug-bears are
a) The quality of the message recording is not very clear and
b) The automated voice instructions are difficult to understand
Published 22 months ago by Mr. R. A. Williams

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent phone, 26 Sep 2012
Miss Knos (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic KX-TG6721EM DECT Cordless Phone (Electronics)

PROs
Good range (equivelent to my present phone which cost alot more)
Sound quality is excellent, even on speaker phone (both for the user and the recipient of call)
Clear display, large clock display, call timer, anwswer machine on, etc
Key pad has a nice possitive click when you press a button
Eco mode, reduces base power when on standby
Call barring, (need to have caller ID setup) great to get rid of nuisence calls, they just get an engaged signal every time they call, nice!
Initial setup is quite easy
Night mode, you can set a time period when the phone won't ring, great if you sleep odd hours (you can also set how long till it does ring so if caller is persistant they can still get through)

CONs
Only one I can think of....Intructions could be a little clearer at times BUT on the PRO side it lists shortcuts along with the relavent page number for explanations.

Simply put, if you want a cordless phone with some nice little extras, you can't go wrong with this. And regarding the comments on the ringtones, they're polyphonic just like mobiles had just before they could play real music, I think it's quite funky, like some of the clasical tunes and it's also got xmas tunes for those who like to be festive lol.

Will be buying one for myself at next payday

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone for call screening and answer machine, 29 July 2012
This review is from: Panasonic KX-TG6721EM DECT Cordless Phone (Electronics)
I have all sorts of people ringing me up endlessly trying to give me the hard sell usually with some scam 'internet protection' or similar from call centres all over the world. Even my dear old Gran gets the same treatment after changing her number so I know I am not unique. I signed up for TPS, but The TPS service is surely about the most useless government/industry quango there is. The Call industry regulating itself is about as effective as the banking industry regulating itself.

Even at 5am in the morning I get these calls.

So, the main thing for me was call screening.
What is that you ask? The answer phone kicks in - but you can hear the other party on speakerphone/loudspeaker so you can decide to pick up or not.

I thought - rather than buy online I will pay extra and use a shop to see this feature demonstrated. I need it nice and loud so I know if its friend or foe from another room when the loadspeaker kicks in.
Well - no chance - Currys had all phones untouchable behind a glass case and the salesman didn't seem to know the details regarding call screening. He did say that once the box is opened then thats it your stuck with the phone. He suggested looking it all up online! He also said get caller id for a few quid extra per month - thats how he blocks them.
Comet were slightly better - no glass case - but simply have dead phones and the boxes on display.

Thing is - I don't want to pay for caller id - and after the 5am calls etc... hey - call me mean but I WANT them to hit my answer phone!

Anyway - here is a video of just the call screening and answering machine for this phone!

[...]

Since I have had the phone, the calls - which were AT LEAST 3 per day, have totally stopped. I set it to answer after only 3 rings, but have got zero. Perhaps the call centre can tell there is an answerphone/machine on the other end. Anyway, that would only be another benefit - I am very pleased with this phone.

Its got a great backlit display and is the right handset size and feel - its got great range as well - far greater than any other phone I have had - the call quality is great. The buttons are okay not total rubber or plastic but semi hard, hopefully they will last longer than my old phones.

The call screening works at a good volume, although you have to set this up, when the answer machine kicks in automatically. And you can set volume, screening on or off, the rings, the audio message etc.. everything is all easy to configure, from the handset - you don't even need the manual IMO.

*WHEN THE HANDSET IS IN ANOTHER ROOM - CALL SCREENING STILL WORKS THROUGH THE HANDSET, I.E. YOU HEAR THE ANSWER MACHINE AND OTHER PARTY SPEAKING THROUGH THE HANDSET - YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE NEAR THE BASE!* THATS A REALLY COOL FEATURE.

There only downside with this phone - and yes, their is one - is that the ring is a *bit* tinny - i.e. Electronic polysonic - and ideally should be far louder. For this reason I recommend buying the model with an extra handset, so you can keep one in another room. As I have stated - the handsets can also turn on thier speaker and automatically 'screen calls' from many rooms away from the base - in fact the handsets range away from the base is the best I have used.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cordless phone, 3 Aug 2012
Ms. S. M. Dorey (Perthshire, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic KX-TG6721EM DECT Cordless Phone (Electronics)
Excellent. Came when it said it would. easy to install. Great choice of ringtones, spent ages listening to them all, before deciding. Clear tone, easy controls. really impressed, far superior to my previous cordless phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 25 Jun 2012
This review is from: Panasonic KX-TG6721EM DECT Cordless Phone (Electronics)
A very good phone. Easy to set up and customise. Large clear display and a large keypad. Comfortable to hold. So far, the only downside seems to be the ringer. There are 40 to choose from and they are all very 'electronic' sounding and there isn't even the option for an 'old fasioned ringer', which I would definitely prefer over the ones on offer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 15 Aug 2012
Panasonic KX-TG6721EM DECT Phone

I bought this in desparation having tried all BT's phones. I am very pleased with:

. large clear display
. ability to turn handset name "off"
. call barring...whoopee..
. easy to understand menu, quite intuitive
. able to use it at once and only 7 hour charge for phone.- BT say to to charge for 24 hours and not use it until charging complete.
. the silver colour means I won't mistake it for the remote, as all my remotes are now black .
. keypad buttons separate enough and raised enough for comfortable pressing of keys. they illuminate as well.
. although the illustration shows only the number displayed, it has full caller id and displays the name as well if you have entered it in the address book and have subscribed to Caller Display.

lots of other things I like and the volume is high enough for me, well on initial impression.

I do not like the "tinny" ringtones, but it has enough advantages to move me from BT.

5.0 out of 5 stars For the price, more features than you can shake a stick at, 19 July 2012
This review is from: Panasonic KX-TG6721EM DECT Cordless Phone (Electronics)
After searching the internet high and low reading many a review of the different phones around I came across the Panasonic KX-TG6721 and after reading about what it had to offer through some different websites (including Panasonic) I learnt that this was one of the new releases from the company. I originally was looking at a BT phone and upon reading some negative feedback on it about button placement and cutting off calls when it hits ones cheek they suggested looking at this one. The phone itself has some very clever features including a smart button at the top of the phone which enables you to access the messages left on the base unit via the handset. It has some other kind of cool features like setting up alarms and reminders on the phone so that it can wake you in the morning. Voice clarity is good and even when speaking with someone on the speaker phone they said that they could hear me clearly. (Often times the problem with speaker phones is that you sound like you are in the bathroom or toilet). Overall, 10/10 for a great lil phone.

5.0 out of 5 stars great value, 30 July 2012
This review is from: Panasonic KX-TG6721EM DECT Cordless Phone (Electronics)
was amazed at how good the quality of this phone is for such a small price.Has many features also looks very smart, it better than i expected i higly reccomend to all

5.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic KX-TG6721EM DECT Phone, 31 July 2012
H. Wilson (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic KX-TG6721EM DECT Cordless Phone (Electronics)
Phone delivered promptly and securely packaged. Easy to set up and looks very smart. The caller display screen lights up well with an amber backlight, and the letters and numbers displayed are large and easy to read - even without my reading glasses! The answer phone is easy to programme and has a good volume when notched up to its top level. From my personal point of view, the "Caller Barring" facility is a great bonus - it not only works well once you enter and save a number you want barred, it also saves me having to pay 2.50 per month to my phone company provider for this selfsame service. The phone does require that your have "Caller Display" as part of your phone company package, before it will allow the Caller Barring facility to be accessed. All in all a good buy at the price and I certainly recommend this phone and the supplier to any future customers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item, 21 Aug 2012
This review is from: Panasonic KX-TG6721EM DECT Cordless Phone (Electronics)
This telephone is absolutely great. It's very easy to set everything up and has a lot of different functions, I especially like the call barring facility. I would happily recommend this telephone to anyone looking to buy one. I must also praise Amazon for their help with delivery problems, they were polite and extremely helpful, hats off to them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the box, 13 Aug 2012
This review is from: Panasonic KX-TG6721EM DECT Cordless Phone (Electronics)
Happy with this purchase. Good value, arrived promptly. Works well with long time required between charging. Has all the additional applications needed. Answerphone, contact list, call and missed call listings. All in all a very good buy

Panasonic KX-TG6721EM DECT Cordless Phone