on 22 November 2012
Saw this in a supermarket for £350. When placed amongst all the other TV's my wife and I were amazed at how much sharper the picture looked even compared with more expensive ones, it really stood out. Ordered on Monday evening using free super saver and took delivery of it on Wednesday morning!! We bought this to replace a Samsung 32 inch LCD TV. As soon as we had it set up we were so glad we bought this TV, the picture is much much better than the Samsung even in SD, and the sound is clearer and louder than our old TV, we have it on 14 and it's more than adequate.

Overall if you're looking for a quality TV that has a great picture and sound at an amazing price you can't go wrong with this. I highly recommend it.
55 comments|107 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 October 2012
Very pleased with this purchase, easy to set up and looks great. Quality is very good, but the only down side is that it only has one scart socket at the back which makes it difficult if you want to plug other things to it. Good value for money.
1313 comments|44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 July 2012
This TV is amazing it was everything I wanted and the pictures didn't do it justice as it was even better when it arrived. Picture quality is superb for everything (I mostly use it for gaming and its epic.) I highly recommend this television and at this price its an absolute steal. Overall BUY BUY BUY!
on 20 January 2013
This TV has really vivid colours, it's very bright, and at 1080p it's *actual* HD (unlike those fake 720p things...). Most refreshing, though, is the software, which is exactly what I've been looking for in a TV for years. It's simple but functional with good optionality, and wonderfully fast. Speed, as we all know, is unusual for a TV, and this really is fast. The touch pad front panel is also really quick, and the TV turns on instantaneously, which is really nice to use. The build, when finished, is really solid, and looks lovely, nice and not shiny, but more like dulled brushed metal. The main criticisms you'd make of it are those that it doesn't have enough scart sockets, or enough of a variety of sound connections. The assembly instructions are also a little confusing for the stand, and the screws that came with it are different to those listed there. It's ridiculous to make anything of these criticisms though, as the former (connections) applies to almost all modern TV's and it isn't advertised as having these, while the latter (the instructions) is irrelevant since it's so obvious and easy to put together they aren't necessary. I really had to think just to come up with something to balance it.

We had several very similar price range TV's, as our main TV; the others have been faulty or RMA'd, for various reasons. This not only blows everything of a similar price out of the water, but for its simplicity, reliability and speed of software, as far as I'm concerned, I'd prefer it over a £1000+ smart TV.

The LG 42" is fantastic. Really. Buy it.
55 comments|18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 October 2012
What can I say. Really what can I? Well this. The TV I have bought kicks ass in every way. My life is temporarily complete. Great price, EPIC SERVICE, and amazing product. Only down side would be the lack of a head phones slot, but I am being picky there. A +++++
on 28 August 2012
Bought this TV in some trepidation as I was told the sound quality wasn't very good on LCDs..........absolutely not true! Everything about this TV is first class, and I can't fault it.
on 30 January 2013
Excellent quality TV, thinner and lighter than a sony bravo I bought a year or so ago and picture / sound quality easily as good. As other reviewers have mentioned the lack of headphone socket and only one scart possibly a drawback for some but for the price well worthwhile if you can live without these features,anyway a cheap 3 to 1 scart adapter solves that issue. Another good feature which my Brava and big Panasonic doesn't have is that the TV horizontally rotates through a limited span which is very useful for minor angular viewing adjustment without actually moving TV.
Delivery however was disappointing, I paid for express [before 1pm delivery promised] as this was a present for in laws and wife intended taking it over to her folks at lunchtime and it arrived over an hour late...by which time she'd gone...small issue you may say but paid extra for the advertised premium rate service and let down....Citilink! Won't be falling for that one again. My advice order a bit earlier and opt for the free delivery!....wish we had.
on 17 August 2012
recieved very quickly, easy to set up and picture quality and sound is very good! only had it a week, so early days, previously bought a toshiba which had to be returned twice as the sound went each time, so hopefully wont experience any problems with the LG! Only crtism is the remote control - the guide button being at the top which is frustrating when scrolling, but apart from that all good!
on 20 November 2012
Really enjoy my new T.V, the picture is really good through HD and on my games console. I would highly recommend this if was just needed as a cheap replacement, I ordered the the T.V on A Friday moring and it arrived the next day at noon even though I didn't pay for the next day delivery! Highly recommend this T.V and good 5 stars :-)
on 6 February 2013
We were looking for a TV to go in the bedroom, and came across this LG at £200 on Amazon. Hadn't seen a 32" set that cheap so decided to give it a go. Having given it a thorough test, my observations are as follows:

Plus points

Great TV for the price
Pretty good picture
Sound very acceptable for a flat screen TV
Easy to set up and use
Has 2 HDMI inputs

Minus points

Obviously an old design (we have had several LG sets)
Not full HD (720p not 1080p)
No optical audio out

As Sky is only broadcast in 720p, the resolution would only be an issue if you want to hook a blu ray player or X-Box up. Otherwise, great TV. Would have given it 3 stars but an extra one added because of the value for money!
44 comments|One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse