4.0 out of 5 stars great once you learn how to use
When I first used it it worked great then the second time it would not work. Turned out it was my phone which needed turning off and on and not the little media box thing once the phone restarted it worked like a drea. Tips I have learned to set up. Make sure your phone is connected to your wi fi at your home first then turn on your media link box then follow the...
Published on 26 July 2012 by Michael Booth

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for streaming audio but meh for video...
How I quantify my scoring system, based on functionality, price and longevity:

Five stars: completely exceeded my expectations and would highly recommended
Four stars: better than expected and would recommended
Three stars: met my expectations with no hidden surprises or shocks
Two stars: below my expectations and probably wouldn't recommend...
Published 8 months ago by Robert Howcroft

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 9 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost 5 stars, 19 Jun 2012
This review is from: HTC Media Link HD Wireless HDMI Adapter with UK Mains Plug - Black (Accessory)
The unit(Media Link HD) worked well when connected up to my WiFi 802.11n router (I had it connected to my AV Receiver) movies, through HTC Watch, looked & sounded good. Music & YouTube sounded and looked good also. I streamed HD iPlayer content from the bbc website (not app) successfully with brilliant results. Stream NETLIX movies with good results. But I suspect network congestion could be a problem at times. When it works it 5*

The unit uses the phones mobile hot spot capabilities when you away from your home network. So, content from your phone can be relayed to any TV with a HDMI port.

Frustratingly ,the unit would prefer at times to connect in this ad-hoc fashion even when my home network was available. Leaving me unable to watch YouTube or view any content from the internet.

I found that if the phone didnt connect with unit right away the unit would, eventually, make a ad-hoc connection. i.e no internet
I would have to turn router, phone and unit off. Then turn router, phone and unit back on, in that order, to establish a internet connection needed to stream iPlayer/Netflix.

All in all it does a fantastic job, but be prepared for some frustrating times, as is common with wifi connections.

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesnt support netflix, didnt work with samsung phones, 17 Dec 2013
Whilst this is handy for watching films that are already on your phone, htc technical support told me it does not support streaming.
Netflix and iplayer have a very irritating lag between audio and visual, which mean this device is not very useful to me.
The picture quality is not hd either, when streaming from an hd source.
I had also tried using it with a samsung galaxy s2, which doesnt work, although it doesnt claim to work out of the box. Using it as a dlna or upnp is not a basic task and isnt covered in the product manual.
I probably wouldnt buy this again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product but steep learning curve to use it effectively, 16 April 2013
Dr. S. Arif "shahi_1971" (Doncaster, United Kingdom.) - See all my reviews
This is an excellent product which will only be beaten by the S4's ability to connect seamlessly to a Samsung television. Does take some learning to work it properly. For instance your television and phone MUST BE ON THE SAME WiFi. If not, it won't pair. When it works it does a good job but if you are playing music and change screen on the phone, it often only shows the song screen on the television until you come out of it. I read my PDF files on the television when I can't be bothered to use the phone. Would be nice to have a mouse for the television. Having said that you can attach a bluetooth mouth to the phone and then use the television as a monitor and the phone as a CPU. Plus you can also connect a bluetooth keyboard to the phone and have a complete setup. In that respect this is a great product. You need to check that the HDMI slot on the television is an IN slot not an OUT slot. Most new PCs label this but I'm not sure televisions label HDMI slots this way. This is why there is a learning curve to using the product. It does have a user manual but I'm more visual so didn't read that.

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 11 Aug 2014
Unfortunatley have to Return as not working

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 19 Aug 2014
Does not work (HTC ONE)

1.0 out of 5 stars waste off money, 6 Jun 2014
This is the second unit I have had, and can not get it to work, HTC one will find unit but won't configure. I have been told that you need to have mobile tethering on your phone, but can't get a straight answer.Called HTC and they have been trying to find a solution for two weeks.

4.0 out of 5 stars htc media, 17 Mar 2014
Small, easy to install works well. Only problem it won't support certain "blocked" formats like streaming live tv whilst out of UK.

4.0 out of 5 stars smart gadget for a housefull of htc users., 8 Mar 2014
Dan Santoni (Bournemouth UK) - See all my reviews
Had to make a change in my home router (virgin superhub) to allow multicasting, but otherwise, worked just as advertised

5.0 out of 5 stars summery for my review, 22 Feb 2014
All doubts evaporated when I saw the program-m working and when I saw how the internet worked though the phone and the adapter the same time. it brings a lot of fun using this kind of technology in order to watch movies, read journals and when studying the bible.

5.0 out of 5 stars omg how good is this, 30 Jan 2014
the HTC One X+ is a life changing mobile but combine it with a media link starts a whole new ball game, had a few problems to start with as it kept requesting a update, but with then no wi-fi wouldn't work properly, since then installed mobile wi-fi which allowed to it update and now works a treat, plays everthing from the moblie on my smart tv, and being mobile take it away with me works with any tv, use it plugging in to usb for power and hdmi, played BBC iplayer on my friend tv in HD better than her laptop with no buffering, probaly down to the mobile rather than the media link. how cool is that.

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 9 | Next ›