4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Accessory but a bit Pricey!
Published on 1 May 2012 by Paul B

2.0 out of 5 stars Dock is fine but the cigarette charger does not work
The dock itself works fine. Good sturdy mounting.
Phone fits snugly (you have to remove any case or cover) and it auto detects and switches the phone to car mode automatically.
I have not however been able to get the phone to charge whilst connected with the car cigarette adapter included.
I tested the cigarette lighter so I know the car is not at fault and...
Published on 10 Jun 2012 by Mikey

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Accessory but a bit Pricey!, 1 May 2012
This review is from: HTC In-Car Smartphone Cradle for HTC One S - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I always try to get genuine accessories and waited for this to be released for my One S for a while. It is of excellent quality and looks to me as if it will stand the test of time. I was a little dubious about the charging of the phone as I had a Galaxy S2 before and the car dock for that had the micro USB built in. This is a separate lead but clips into the unit and stays there. All in all I am pleased with the dock. My only complaint is the price. I would think that if this were priced £10 lower it will sell a lot more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality bit of kit, 28 Dec 2012
Reviewify.co.uk "Mark" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
With the higher price tag of some of the rival car holders I was a little unsure if I should go with HTCs own car dock. Amazon had some mixed reviews which put me off, but I have previously purchased a cheap car holder from my previous mobile and it broke within a couple of weeks, so I decided to take the plunge.

The build quality is excellent. The phone, as you might expect, slips in without a problem. The suction mechanism is really strong, much strong than my Tom Tom suction system. It's really each to attach and detach from the windscreen, no more wrestling to get it out of the car!

Unlike other reviewers I haven't experienced any issues with the car charger. You need to use the one provided as it neatly clips in to the bottom of the cradle, meaning your handset is automatically charged when you pop it in (assuming you have the charged plugged into the car).

On the left hand side is space for a headphone wire. This is very useful if you happen to have an aux in input on your car stereo, you can then play back music stored on the phone (either your own, or you could use Spotify as I do).

I've had this for a few months now and have no regrets, its a lot safer than having the phone loose in the car and it allows the phone to double up as a sat nav system if required, no need to worry about it running out of power half way through the trip.

All round a great bit of kit, worth paying the extra for this over an unknown brand version.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dock is fine but the cigarette charger does not work, 10 Jun 2012
The dock itself works fine. Good sturdy mounting.
I tested the cigarette lighter so I know the car is not at fault and Ive used the dock and cable plugged into a USB port, so it appears the problem is the cigarette to USB adapter supplied. Very disappointed after paying such a premium price!
Lets see what their customer support is like...

5.0 out of 5 stars cradle, one x, 10 July 2012
What a great quality product, like the one x the cradle is well built, has auto recognition when you place your phone in cradle, the phone changes to car mode instantly, and all icons become large, easy to operate, it will not let you send messages, emails.
This should me made a requirement, you can not send texts, and therefore make you stop to do such things..
The charger included will charge the battery and power the phone so you can use sat nav without killing the battery, other chargers I have had can only just keep the phone alive when using sat nav.
Another great product from HTC..

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 18 July 2012
This car cradle doe more than hold you phone securely on the dashboard, it turns it into a proper car phone/sat-nav in-one.

It also appears to charge the phone very fast, using the Sat-Nav app(Google navigator) I was able to drive for 3 hrs with the battery on the same charge level on arrive as departure, which I haven't had from previous phones/car kits.

the car dock app provides nice big buttons, ant automatically set's up your Bluetooth and disables functions you can't/shouldn't use when driving.

The real convenience for me was that you put your phone in it and it does everything automatically, you can read txts but they come up in a big font that easy to read at a glance, the reply button is replaced by a call button though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice looking and good quality, I would change only one thing, 6 July 2012
The product fits the phone very well, the charging cable snaps into place (in the cradle) so you can leave it connected all the time if you want.
You also get a base that you can stick to the dashboard so the suction cup can be used, allowing you to place the cradle both on the windshield and on the dashboard.
The phone automatically enters car mode when you put it in the cradle.
As I said, the cradle fits the phone very well. It does not grip the phone in any way (it is extremely easy to take the phone out). This brings me to the one thing I would change: because it does not cling to the phone, you can only use it in landscape mode. I assume that the charging plug does provide a little more support and it might keep it from falling in portrait mode but maybe hitting a rock/bump/hole when driving will pop it off.

5.0 out of 5 stars HTC One S D100 car cradle, 30 May 2012
R. O'BRIEN - See all my reviews
Great! Purpose built, sturdy and a fits perfectly. Arrived in good time too. Coupled with the automatic Car App in the phone it works a treat. Happy chappy.

5.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, 19 May 2012
Previous comment complained about the price; my own view is this product meets my requirement exactly so am prepared to pay that bit extra.

Universal car cradles are fine but they do look tacky and dare I say cheap, but they provide a universal solution. I personally am of the view that you buy a phone that you hope will last a couple of years, so why not buy the correct fitting that will enhance it. After all most people these days treat their phones as a fashion statement.

This looks well made, built with good quality components, and more importantly does not look like a Carbuncle.

So in summary if it is tack and cheap looking you are after thaen this is not the product for you. However if you would like something that actually fits the HTC One S like a glove then you won't go wrong in buying this.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good dock, bad charger, 12 Jun 2012
Daniel Morey (Coventry, UK) - See all my reviews
The dock is very good. Sticks to the screen really well, and I can use one hand to easily slip the phone in and out.

However, as mentioned in another review, the cigarette lighter charge does not work. if I push it in as hard as I can then it starts charging, but as soon as I let go it stops, making that useless.

This product loses one star for the dodgy cigarette lighter. I've order a third party one to replace it.
It loses another star for the massive cost. Most other car docks are half the price, this one just had the additional advantage of the phone being plugged in as you dock it.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's good., 8 July 2013
Yes this cradle is a bit pricey when compared to others, but you get what you pay for as the saying goes.
The cradle is reassuringly weighty and the adjustment arms are stiff, which is a good thing. This ensures the cradle orientation remains where you've set it and doesn't vibrate to another position. The suction cup is up to the challenge of securing the cradle to either the windscreen or the supplied plastic pad that you can stick onto the dash.
When the handset is placed in the cradle the system moves into car mode ( I use Carhome Ultra) which is set up for landscape. I'm not sure why anyone would want to use it in portrait mode, but if you do this isn't the cradle for you as I think there is scope for the handset to bounce out in that configuration.
All in all an honest product that fulfils it's promise.