4.0 out of 5 stars Very Convenient
Published 22 months ago by Timinator

3.0 out of 5 stars Convenient but not perfect.
Sound quality- ok, you lose a little bass and volume, so just turn the bass and volume up a little.
Battery life- 4 hours playback almost to the second. However you can charge while playing using a usb lead, which for me is fine, as i have an usb and the aux in side by side in my car.
Range- is very good. It remains connected to the car when i take my phone...
Published 8 months ago by R. Gilby

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Convenient, 30 Aug 2012
This review is from: HTC CAR A100 Car Stereo Audio Bridge (Electronics)
I'm using this with my HTC One X and new MINI, and it works perfectly. I no longer have to attach the phone to the car via a lead, so I can leave the phone in the glove compartment while I'm driving so it's out of the way. The battery lasts me just over half the week - which is shorter than I would like, but it's easy to remember to take it out and charge at work as it is in constant use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plug it in, forget about it, 15 Mar 2013
This review is from: HTC CAR A100 Car Stereo Audio Bridge (Electronics)
The awesome ness of this is that you can just plug it in to the aux in your car, get a feed for power to it and forget all about it. You put your phone in the dock, the Bluetooth will kick in, and off you go with your music or whatever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 5 Feb 2014
This review is from: HTC CAR A100 Car Stereo Audio Bridge (Electronics)
Excellent sound quality, excellent battery life, piece of cake to use... not something that can realistically be improved upon. BUY IT. (Will totally work with ANY phone which has the A2DP profile - not just for HTC!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect experience!, 22 Nov 2012
This review is from: HTC CAR A100 Car Stereo Audio Bridge (Electronics)
I drive a Mercedes C Class and was using a Jabra Clipper Bluetooth Headset to do the same job with my car audio set up as I rather listen to my own tunes instead of morning radio commercials during my daily commute. Although Jabra being a good brand and the clipper, a tiny beautiful device, there was a huge difference in the sound quality and levels between a direct connection and the Bluetooth connection.

Already being a fan of HTC and having HTC Sensation and OneX+ as my current mobile devices I decided to try this dongle.

I think the difference is the AptX enhancement that this device provides! The sound quality is now amazing and up par with a direct connection! Now I am truly enjoying the sound system of the car.

The car already supports direct Hands-free connection so I haven't use this as a part of a car hands-free kit but I am assuming as it does not have a microphone,if you were to use it as a hands-free kit, you would need to rely on your phones native microphone. (As far as I know HTC sells some microphones as well)

A100 lives in my glove box, continuously attached to the aux input and all you need is to press gently to the button to turn it on! With this, you can use your phone as a digital radio or listen to your own tunes as you like. If you are using your phone as a navigator (God bless google maps!) it also enables the directions to be heard from the car's own sound system so you will hear the sexy commanding voice of the navigation lady loud and clearly! The "beats" enhancement of HTC OneX+ is also great with this dongle!

Battery life is about 5 +/-1 days with approximately an hour drive a day so its quite adequate for my use. (I have a car charger anyways so you could charge it simultaneously if needed)
The set up and use is simple and not more complicated than pairing one Bluetooth device to the other. Technically once plugged in, you don't really need to do anything else.

It is small, elegant and has a good feel at hand thanks to its matte finish. (It is similar to HTC OneX+ texture)

It just serves for one function and it does that function perfectly!

Strongly recommended.

ps. I have also tried it with the iPad2 and sound quality is again perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 July 2014
This review is from: HTC CAR A100 Car Stereo Audio Bridge (Electronics)
perfect for what i wanted and arrived in good time

4.0 out of 5 stars Good audio bridge. Let down only by flaky sync., 31 May 2014
This review is from: HTC CAR A100 Car Stereo Audio Bridge (Electronics)
I have been using this audio bridge for several months now.

It offers a nice solution for playing audio from your phone through your car stereo. Reasonable battery life is also offered, I usually charge it every other day after around 6 hours of use, although to get this level of battery life the device does need to be powered down between uses. This leads me to the only issue with it; you cannot always connect automatically and will sometimes have to power the device down and pair manually again, this has led me to power the device down even I am going to be away for over half an hour, not a major inconvenience and it does (as mentioned previously) lead to better battery life.

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as CD from a hTC One., 13 April 2014
This review is from: HTC CAR A100 Car Stereo Audio Bridge (Electronics)
Really good soundquality. The Apt-x technology is worth the cost, compared to cheaper BT-receivers. I am very satisfied with purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit!, 8 April 2014
This review is from: HTC CAR A100 Car Stereo Audio Bridge (Electronics)
Great piece of kit you'd have no idear it was linked to my phone in the car if you didn't see it.This is my secound unit as I lost my first one.Well worth the money.

2.0 out of 5 stars poor battery life, 31 Mar 2014
Alan Moodie "Magicmoo" (MA, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HTC CAR A100 Car Stereo Audio Bridge (Electronics)
It works, the sound quality is great, but the battery doesn't last my commute of an hour!!!! Doesn't seem able to charge and use at the same time either.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic sound but no hands free calling, 5 Mar 2014
This review is from: HTC CAR A100 Car Stereo Audio Bridge (Electronics)
An excellent item and sound quality is fantastic. I must admit though i purchased this so i could use my phone hands free but unfortunately it does not support the protocols to handle phone calls only supports media. So excellent product to listen to your music and navigation from your phone without the need of wires, no good if you are looking for a hands free solution for calls."

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›