on 10 December 2013
This book is divided into six sections: 1) Favourites made simple, 2) Fill the biscuit tin, 3) Celebration cakes, 4) Teatime treats, 5) Kids in the Kitchen and the last section 6) Savoury bakes has around 20 recipes including things like Full English frittata, crab and leek pasties and Shepherd's pie pasties.
All the recipes are given both in imperial and metric measurements and the oven temperatures are also given for a fan oven.
There are ideas for Christmas, Easter and Hallowe'en, such as the Cherry and almond Easter Cake and Easy mince pies with crunchy-crumble tops.
Mums will appreciate the "Kids in the kitchen" section which has yummy treats ideal for the children to help with. The book has a few tips which will help the novice baker and also full conversion tables.
on 6 October 2012
Kitchen staple for bakers. Many of the cakes are simple to make and this is one book you'll use many times over.
on 18 March 2013
I just love those little books. The '100 Low Fat Feasts' is always in use in our home and I bought the Easy Baking Recipes for my granddaughter who has just gone to University and loves baking! I almost couldn't bear to part with it so swiftly ordered one for myself which I adore.With a revival in baking there are lots of recipe books appearing on the shelves which are almost too traditional in content but this little gem has a fantastic mix of the traditional and exciting (Double-the-love Chocolate cake, for example) with lots of yummy savoury recipes.The 'Malted Walnut Seed Loaf' brings back happy memories of ski holidays in Austria and Switzerland so it is a real winner in every way. I shall look forward to the next in the series!
on 26 October 2013
Good food never let's me down with it's books, so it was with Easy Baking. Recipes are easy to follow, ingredients seem to be always in my cupboard - you don't really have to run for big shopping. Cakes come out as delicious treats. It's really wort to have this book, whenever we need something sweet for afternoon.
on 17 December 2012
I have made numerous cakes out of this little book; there are cales for all occasions. Lots of recipes and easy too!
on 13 November 2012
This book has fabulous recipes in it of the sort which suit our family - cakes to keep and ones that look great without too much fuss. Sadly I showed this to my son and it has now gone to Peckham. Will have to buy another copy....
on 1 August 2013
There is a wealth of much loved recipes in this little book. Like all the BBC Good Food recipe books, they`re intelligently and informatively written and beautifully illustrated.
on 24 March 2013
I am so pleased with this book!
It has many basic simple recipes and the best thing is- they simply work. Each and every time.
I've had many celebrities cookbooks that were far more expensive and the recipes just didn't work. I thought it was me or my oven and almost lost hope of ever baking anything edible, but this book has changed everything!!
I also have the other GoodFood bake book which is just as good.
Highly recommended.
on 19 July 2013
Great pictures and easy to follow recipes. Bought my mum a copy too to save me photocopying nearly every recipe for her !
on 22 April 2013
love this little book,its packed with quick and easy recipes for the most delicious cakes and biscuits, every one I've baked so far has come out looking exactly like the picture in the book and tasting divine.The best cake recipe book I've ever bought (and I've bought a few believe me lol)