5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Third Novel!
You know I absolutely adore Shelly Crane's work, so I'm so please to say she doesn't let us down with her third instalment in the Significance series. Her writing is as strong as ever and Defiance is a truly heart-warming story full of emotions, joy, betrayal and sacrifice and I loved every minute of it.

This time around we see Maggie, Caleb and family in the...
Published on 15 Mar. 2012 by Book Passion for Life

3.0 out of 5 stars <3
Published on 29 Jan. 2013 by <3

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Third Novel!, 15 Mar. 2012
Book Passion for Life (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Defiance (Significance Book 3) (Kindle Edition)

This time around we see Maggie, Caleb and family in the clutches of the Virtuoso council, where they are in the presences of all the Ace families including their enemy clan; the Watson's. Maggie has to deal with the council trying to take her away from her family, so they can control her but as strong as Maggie is, she will never allow them to do it. As she starts a battle to try and change the way the council works, she also has to fight the Watson clan as they do their best efforts to harm her. Maggie knows what must be done....the Watson clan must be stopped!

I loved, loved, and loved it! Defiance is everything I could have wanted from this book and more. Shelly Crane has a gift for creating heart-pounding, intense and exciting stories and she's definitely becoming one of my favourite authors.

This time around we really get to see how evil the Watson clan are and really, they are pure evil. The tricks they have up their sleeve to try and harm Maggie is horrid and I'm really pleased they finally get their come up pence. What I loved about this book was watching all the other clans come together, most of them are scared of the repercussions from the council but with Maggie as the Visionary...really she's boss! I loved seeing her come into this role and I cannot wait to see more.

There's not much of a major cliff-hanger to Defiance but if you're a fan of this series - like me then, you will be dying for the next book Independence because I'm dying to see how it all ends and I just know Shelly will do us proud.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good story, 25 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Defiance (Significance Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
There are good and bad points for my review on Defiance by Shelly Crane. I really wished I could only write positives but a few things bugged me about this story.
I love the story don’t get me wrong but I have an issue with how it is written. There are so many mistakes and usually I’m not picky but there are loads. For instance a lot of typos, missing words and some sentences don’t make any sense. I know some readers will find it confusing because you have to concentrate hard to understand what she’s trying to say.
I also felt this story was a little rushed. I found the use of, “rolling eyes,” and the use of the word, “Laughed,” were over used like they were there to fill gaps which made it a little boring. More creative words would have been better.
However – here come the good points!
The story line was amazing as always. I loved the first book and its drama which continues with. Shelly is really awesome at creating drama. It’s everywhere in the book. I’m in love with her characters too. Caleb is cute and handsome and so is Kyle. I was getting a good crush on Rodney and then I didn’t expect THAT to happen! Heartbroken! But then we have Gran and she is hilarious! I cannot wait to read more!
I’m giving this story a 4/5 stars. If it wasn’t for the large amount of errors it would have been 5 .

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 10 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Defiance (Significance Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
OMG I have already read this book and I loved it. This has a lot of different things happening to all our characters and I have to admit I was a little upset toward the end but this book just kept me hooked. This was the one which had all the bad stuff happening with a great outcome although not without consequences.I will be downloading the final instalment when I wake up as its now 2am.

3.0 out of 5 stars <3, 29 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Defiance (Significance Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
I didn't find this book as interesting or as exciting as the last two, and feel that the author could have done so much more with it! With Maggie being the first visionary in centuries, going to reunification and meeting all the other aces and carry on with the whole Watson's situation, there was a lot of potential, but the first half of the book consisted of the watsons being mischievous, the higher-ups deluded, and Maggie determined to change things but not accomplishing anything until the last chapter when she is pushed into it by the watsons. Therefore, there were many pointless chapters, and the Caleb-Maggie Romance is starting to get old and repetitive.

Also there were loads of typos in it!! Really annoyed me!! Grr

Even though the paragraph above sound very pessimistic, it wasn't all bad as we got to get to know a few new characters, and some existing ones - such as Rodney- some more. Also some visionary history which was interesting. All in all...3/5 :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Series, 31 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Defiance (Significance Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
Significance, Acccordance and Defiance - each one just as impressive as the other. I haven't got round to reading Independence yet but I know to expect yet another amazing story. I love the unexpected parts of the book, impossible to put down. I only came across Shelly Crane's books a couple of weeks ago and within a week i'd bought all her books! An excellent author with excellent books to match. I look forward to Significance, the movie. Only down side is that Caleb in the movie is no where near as good looking as the Caleb on the cover or the description given of him in the book... But I won't let that put me off because I just want to watch the adventures come to life. Well Done! I look forward to reading Independence.

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANCE!, 8 April 2012
This review is from: Defiance (Significance Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
I'm seriously loving this series so far and just thought I'd leave a quick review telling everyone simply that it is amazing!
Usually series' have a bit of a dip in the middle novel/ novels, but I'm pleased to say that the characters and story come out on top once more!! The plot thickens and the book leaves us anticipating the fourth installment in the series. I thoroughly love Caleb in this novel- maybe even more than before. Defiance is a brilliant carry on from significance and accordance and will easily surpass expectations if you read the first two novels in the series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Where to start!???, 30 Dec. 2012
Miss E. Price "Libs" (worcestershire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Defiance (Significance Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
Ok I loved reading this one as much as the others but oh my goodness! Sure there were a few spelling/grammar mistakes in the first two but this book was rife with them.Never been so disappointed in my life, I felt like I was reading a 13 year olds English exam fiction task. Don't get me wrong I loved the route the story took and the depth in which characters are portrayed but the amount of spelling and grammatical mistakes was frustrating to say the least!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 31 July 2012
This review is from: Defiance (Significance Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
A Brilliant series of books, I cannot wait for the 4th one, fantastic read could not put down, well worth it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 21 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Defiance (Significance Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
Seriously enjoyed all these books!..stayed up way past midnight with each book just to get to the ending!..some times it gave me a slight headache with all the demond gargon but managed to get my head around it lol..properly something to do with late night reading!..but loved the relationships and as I said I really enjoyed reading these books!..was gutted when I'd finished them all :(

4.0 out of 5 stars Must read Series, 6 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Defiance (Significance Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
Very exciting and interesting to read the first time. It is not as good to read repeatedly like the other books in the Significance Series but it is necessary to read because important things happen.
Very sad at the end because one of my favourite characters die *sniff sniff* Otherwise an amazing series and the love between Caleb and Maggie continues to grow.

Defiance (Significance Book 3)