on 13 June 2012
i have got older wrap around glasses which do have a bigger viewing capability , and shield light coming in from the sides - so there are 2 things that i dont like about the 4100 as compared to the 3100 . so why give them 5 stars - well i would have prefered to give them 4.5 as they are not perfect - but for the price you just cant complain. 2 glasses for £30 whereas the others range from £75 - 100 for 2.the 3d picture is stunning so thats good enough for me..also , you have to put them together yourself by clipping in the arms to the main glasses unit -but thats a good thing as you can neatly put them away in its sleeve when youve finished your viewing.all in all a good product for a good price.
on 17 July 2012
Just to confirm that these will work with other brands of TV as long as it uses Bluetooth and not the older infrared system. These Samsung glasses arrived today, I popped in the battery, pressed the power button and they connected to my 2012 model Panasonic TV (42ST50) straight away.

I think, even though they are battery operated, these glasses are probably the best value Active Shutter ones you can buy. They are perfect for me because I just needed a cheap extra pair for when more than two people are watching 3D (I note that Amazon do 2 pairs for around £25 which seems even better value but I just needed one extra pair).

The glasses are very light to wear and will fit very easily over prescription glasses if you wear them. The sides of the glasses are more "open" than most, and this does let in some reflections in the edge of your vision, but as with all active shutter systems you'll probably have the curtains drawn anyway in order to block the flicker from ambient light in the room.

Overall they get the done done as well as my Panasonic branded ones and represent great value for money.
on 11 January 2013
I was disappointed when I received these 3D glasses. Last year when I purchased my Samsung 3D TV I bought a pair of Samsung SSG-3050GB glasses at £20. When I went to buy a second pair I saw the current model - this one - and was pleasantly surprised to find the glasses £5 cheaper, not realising this was a revised model.

When the glasses arrived it was quickly apparent this was a different model. The legs clip on and can't be folded away like with the slightly more expensive SSG-3050GB, making them awkward to store away. The battery cover was also very difficult to open the first time and I thought there was a manufacturing defect here. They're also less compatible with spectacles the the outgoing model.

These are slightly lighter than the previous model, which is the only plus point I can bestow. I am returning them and will try to track down a pair of the SSG-3050GB model instead. I'm happy to pay £5 more
on 18 December 2012
I recently bought the LG 50PM670T Plasma 3D TV. The LG active 3D glasses are around £35 each but I read in a review that Samsung glasses would work. I opted for these because of the bargain price and was delighted that they sync and, at less than half the price, work perfectly with my new tv!

The glasses themselves are very lightweight so do not feel uncomfortable to wear for prolonged periods. The wrap-around legs allow the glasses to sit above my own glasses and rest upon the frame without feeling too heavy or uncomfortable.

I read earlier reviews that mentioned too much light being let in the sides of the glasses. I agree that, due to the design, the legs do not block light and therefore this could be an issue in a light environment. However, for me personally, I do not suffer this issue as I've got my own glasses, which help block light.

Overall I'm delighted with this purchase and am already thinking about stocking up for visitors at Christmas!!
on 27 June 2012
Very light and comfortable to wear (though I don't usually wear any form of glasses so don't know if I am best to comment here). In fact these glasses are so light and unimposing; I find it hard to believe they are actually doing anything, until you switch them on! They don't dim the screen image too much, but as expected, the image brightness will decrease slightly. The glasses are easy to operate, simple switch on the top for on and off. Used these with the Samsung PS51D8000 plasma tv and a demo 3D application, the result was outstanding.
on 21 January 2013
Excellent delivery service from Amazon 'partner' Reliant. Shame that price dropped immediately I recieved the four that I ordered but I still consider that I paid reasonable price for product at £16.48 each, including delivery. Product does what is promised,although a bit uncomfortable over my glasses and that the relatively small lenses of the product did not fully cover those of my glasses was also a bit of a downer. Other problem was that the on/off switch is really tiny for my sausage fingers and short nails. Also, operation is a little iffy, linking to my TV was not always easy and turning the device off also sometimes took a few attempts. Overall though I am satisfied.
on 4 January 2013
Had bought 2 other samsung 3D glasses for 50 pounds a pair before these so really couldn't afford a full set for the family. However, with the SSG-4100GB/XC I can at 15 pounds a pair - so I bought an extra 3. Quality just as good as my other 3D glasses but beware - they are very flimsy in comparison.
on 23 September 2012
these are the same ones i got with my samsung 8000 3d tv and work great with it worth buying
on 5 February 2013
I purchased these Samsung 3d active shutter glasses as a spare set. The price was very good for active glasses, although these are battery operated and not rechargeable. They are ideal as a spare set. They will work with any full hd rf bluetooth 3d tv produced after 2012. I currently have a Panasonic Tx50 and they work perfectly. Battery life is fine and easily replaceable, the battery cover does seem quite flimsy, so it will be interesting to see how long it lasts. Overall I would recommend these to anyone.
on 15 December 2012
Works well at a right price. The ideal to be used by my kids. They worked well in my Es8000.

See one answered question