5.0 out of 5 stars 10 more years please!
Published on 19 Mar 2012 by TheMissingPeople

2.0 out of 5 stars Excellent effort but lacking in racism
As a Liverpool Football Club (LFC) fan, I am always interested in the affairs of the club from which we sprang, particularly since the European ban in 1985.

However this suffers badly in comparison with other works, and I suggest fellow Reds refrain from buying this item. Instead try "Mein Kampf" for a marvellous bedtime read, or maybe something on real crime...
Published on 20 Mar 2012 by Dave

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars 10 more years please!, 19 Mar 2012
This review is from: Everton David Moyes - Ten from Ten [DVD] (DVD)
This DVD is brilliant. There are so many terrific memories from Moyes' 10 years in charge. Unfortunately the DVD doesn't feature any cup final wins, (that's VHS only) but my personal highlight would have to be the '05 season when we finished above Liverpool and qualified for the Champions League! We were knocked out in the first round qualifier and never actually got to the competition itself but the defeat to Villarreal is one of my favourite games featured on the DVD ifithadnerbinforcollina.

As always though, beating Liverpool is more important than any trophy or european qualification and the DVD includes the 3-0 win and the FA cup win over the reds which makes it worth the price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank You Mr Moyes, 19 Mar 2012
This review is from: Everton David Moyes - Ten from Ten [DVD] (DVD)
What a fantastic DVD, the last 10 years have been some of the best seen at Everton. Although he hasn't won any trophies, except for the Everton Cup (great memories) the ride over the last 10 years has been great.The 2003/04 season was just brilliant, to get 39 points and stay up with such a low points total has to be one of the greatest achievements by any manager.
The 04/05 season was even better to finish 4th above Liverpool, it was great, somehow though they managed to luckily win the Champions League and overshadow us again.
Bringing in Per Kroldrup the following season was a master stroke and if it hadn't been for Collina he would have helped us win the Champions League in 05/06.
The 08/09 season was one of the best. Knocking Liverpool out of the Cup, it's just a shame that on the DVD you don't see the goal as it goes to the adverts. Then Everton got to the final and where the FA Cup Winners for a whole 21 minutes, if only it hadn't been for Drogba and Lampard.
And finally the 10/11 season was when Moysie finally brought sexy football back to Everton. Them pink away shirts where hot.
Thank you Mr Moyes for a fantastic 10 years, here's to another 10.
David Moyes is a football genius.

5.0 out of 5 stars David Moyes - The Moyesiah who makes anything seem possible, 20 Mar 2012
Davey "Davey" (County road, Liverpool) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Everton David Moyes - Ten from Ten [DVD] (DVD)
What a DVD this is, it perfectly encapsulates David Moyes's outstanding 10 years in charge at Everton with all of the excellent production values I've come to expect from an official Everton Football Club DVD.

Quite simply, its a portrayal of the bestest manager in world football in the past decade, a man who has had success upon success during his tenure at Everton. Since coming in 2002 he became the first Everton manager since the 1980s to win the 'Finished above Liverpool' shield in 2005, not to mention his outstanding record of winning four 'beat the RS' cups in 2004, 2006, 2009 and 2010 (the latter against the best opposition manager they had in the last decade, Mr Roy Hodgson with his 35 years experience). But the biggest trophy we won in this glorious decade was in August 2010, a 2-0 win over Everton de Vina del Mar of Chile which brought Merseyside its first ever trophy in a worldwide competition ('The best team in the world called Everton' cup), in fact this win was so dominant that our Chilean bretheren were relegated at the end of their season, such is the devastating affect of the Moyesiah.

The DVD also highlights David Moyes' incredible dignity - not once has he ever bemoaned refereeing decisions that went against his team, never accused other players of diving, not once has he ever accused draws of being fixed because the Illuminati didn't want Everton at the top table of European football (or at any of their tables for that matter), but most impressively he has never ever moaned about the lack of financial resources he has had (especially compared to a team not far from here who have spent billions in the last decade) - just imagine if David Moyes was able to spend 6.5m on James Beattie, 5m on Per Kroldrup, 5m on Simon Davies, 5m on Richard Wright, 10m on Diniyar Bilyadentov, 11m on Yakubu, 15m on an LMFAO impersonator - just imagine what we would have won - the FA Cup, the Premiership, the Champions League, the African Cup of Nations, we would have had it all and then some. Just imagine, everybody would have wanted to be us, we'd be like Barcelona but good, but they couldn't be us, after all we are born not manufactured. But credit to Moyes, he's never ever ever bemoaned the lack of money he's had to spend and bemoaned would could have been. Never. Ever.

This DVD also brought back memories of how Moyes was able to mould our homegrown young talent from prospect to player, such as:

- Victor Anichebe - we used to call him 'The Nigerian Cristiano Ronaldo'. Now we call Cristiano Ronaldo 'The Portuguese Victor Anichebe'.
- Tony Hibbert - I'll be honest, I never rated him before Moyes, but one day watching him I thought 'Dear Lord, has Gary Neville taken a serious beating with the ugly stick? What, that's Tony Hibbert??? Wow. Just wow.'
- Leon Osman - ifithadntbeenfergerrardlampardhargreavesparkerwilsherejonesjenasbarrymilnerbeckhambuttcoleandcarrick he would definitely have been a mainstay in the England midfield this past decade, driving England to many glorious moments in the qualifying phases of international tournaments.

Whilst its a darn good DVD there is one area where it could have been better - whenever our dear leader speaks, I feel there should be a power ballad playing in the background to emphasise just how fantastic he is, just think how much powerful our dear leaders words would be with Mariah Carey or Westlife in the background. As the title says, he is the Moyesiah who makes anything seem possible. And he did. And he will continue to do so.

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT 10, 19 Mar 2012
This review is from: Everton David Moyes - Ten from Ten [DVD] (DVD)
10 years is a long time in football.

You get 'Tin' for a 10 year anniversary which is very apt in this celebration of the man who brought the tin pot 'Brotherhood Cup' back to our neighbourhood.

That cup win didnt feature on the DVD strangely. But I was delighted to see which matches did manage to make it on to the list. They didnt mean anything in the end, but the nostalgia of seeing how we managed to finish 11th in 06 was worth the price of the DVD alone.

A must buy for any Evertonian.

5.0 out of 5 stars King Of The Morlocks, 21 Mar 2012
This review is from: Everton David Moyes - Ten from Ten [DVD] (DVD)
Like the irrepressible eponymous hero in the wonderful Hollywood sporting fairy tale, Jerry Maguire, this DVD had me at "hello."

5.0 out of 5 stars My top 10, 19 Mar 2012
This review is from: Everton David Moyes - Ten from Ten [DVD] (DVD)
A definite purchase and one for the cabinets. So often we forget true masters of Football and management. For years we heard them all talk about that Spanish one and now the return of a king. We've got our own star. He burns bright. He gives hope when dreams have been down trodden and players sold on as we don't have any money. We've tasted the highs of survival on 39 points and the lows of never winning at Anfield under him

Moyes. I salute you. You made our peoples club. You gave me Li Tie.. I give you 10 more years!

5.0 out of 5 stars 10 glorious years, 19 Mar 2012
This review is from: Everton David Moyes - Ten from Ten [DVD] (DVD)
Tears.. rolling down my cheek after watching this one. Moyes will forever be an Everton legend and will go down ad the greatest manager in our illustrious folklore history. I knew when Moyes first walked in to Goodison, tall, powerful and brave like the attractive stallion Brad Pitt lookalike he is, I knew we had something special to look forward and oh how we haven't been disappointed. Who could forget the Andy Johnson derby, what a night I will never forget, I wanted to kiss his bald head and hug him all night ! They may have won the Champions League, but we beat them so bad in that match God himself was applauding from the heavens. Also the the brilliant trophies we've won, especially the finishing above liverpool trophy in 04/05, what a proud moment, again they won the champions league but who cares about that micky mouse trophy! Might I add a trophy we would have won if Collina had not so cruelly disallowed Duncan Ferguson's (who needs Christian Vieri?) bullet goal, we were destined to win the trophy that year but we were robbed. Moyes was of course very humble about it all, he even waited nine years before revealing that hot balls were used in the draw so we faced tougher opposition, you see Moyes was so great that the UEFA warlords were worried that had he won this trophy he and Everton would become so great that even Lionel Messi would be banging on Goodisons old wooden doors begging us to sign him up. And who could forget the prestigious Everton cup, the most famous coveted trophy of all time, and seeing Moyes and Arteta lift the trophy left me feeling so emotional I just grabbed the nearest thing (the mrs) and made love to it right there (imagining that she was Moyesy of course!).
David Moyes I cannot wait for the next ten years, more glory, tears and memories await us.

5.0 out of 5 stars TEN OUT OF TEN, 20 Mar 2012
This review is from: Everton David Moyes - Ten from Ten [DVD] (DVD)
At first I thought this was in honour of David Moyes attempts at not winning at Anfield, but I was warmed to see that the lot that were all born from County Road have got together to pay tribute to the Moyesiah!

I won't spoil it for anyone but highlights include Evertons 2 week venture into the Champions League, (good of them to end it before the kids went back to school) and the world famous FA Cup victory over Liverpool (separate DVD available).

Includes tributes from Per Kroldrup, Denis Stracqualursi, Dan Gosling and Preki.

A MUST HAVE FOR ALL BLUENOSES EVERYWHERE.

5.0 out of 5 stars 10 more years please Moyes, 21 Mar 2012
Miss Kate Green "yeah" (Liverpool, Me3rseyside) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Everton David Moyes - Ten from Ten [DVD] (DVD)
The pride of Merseyside, Moyes is the best manager in the league, not won at Anfield for ten years, not a trophy to be seen. Once a blue always a manc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Moyes 10 From 10, 20 Mar 2012
This review is from: Everton David Moyes - Ten from Ten [DVD] (DVD)
I cannot believe it's only been 10 years, I thought he was here for 17 years, anyways. The memories that we, the people's club and moyesy have shared all these glorious years have been fantastic. He has been the best this club has ever seen after the likes of Jimmy Gabriel and Dave Watson. The players that he brought to this club such as Hibbert, Anichebe, Stracqualursi, I never thought I'd have the privilege to see all these genuine talents and who needs those stupid european nights, when you have players from all over europe playing for your club, It's like europe here. If you are an evertonian, then buy this DVD, coz these DVDs are what this club is all about.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›