5.0 out of 5 stars Superb value.
I have the 42 inch version and like other reviewers its straight out of the box and easy to connect. Absolutely stunning pictures in both modes. I have the 42 inch 2D version of this televsion as well and this one puts it to shame, the picture is just so much sharper.

Published on 21 Sep 2012 by Filmcrazy

1.0 out of 5 stars Fault after fault.
This is a great looking TV, but I've now had 2 with screen problems. The first developed green marks along the right edge of the screen after around 10 days - possibly an issue with the TV's speakers. And as soon as the replacement was switched on a blue dot - indicating a faulty LED - was very apparent right in the centre of the screen. Both annoyed and disappointed.
Published on 22 Oct 2012 by Ak73

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb value., 21 Sep 2012

Sound is good but as with all flat screens leaves a little to be desired. I have mine hooked up to a Bose Solo (which the TV sits on) and the sound is now as stunning as the pictures!

I dont know alot about 3D as this is my first venture in to it. I bought the Panasonic Active glasses (medium which fits over my normal varifocals) which are extremely comfortable to use and when turned on register on the TV screen showing how much battery power is left in them (a nice touch!).

With the deals on Amazon I also bought the DMP-BDT220 3D blue ray player which I was impressed with as it automatically sets the viewing mode to the TV.

Watched Titanic 3D last evening and was blown away. I have never seen anything that impressive before, the picture was superb and the 3D imagary so good that I checked the carpet for salt water!!!

Internet connection is also impressive with no buffering issues and plenty of options.

Unlike the 2D version this one has the ability to record to an external USB harddrive which is a real bonus.

I cannot find fault with this TV in anyway and would highly recommend it. Pricey? - possibly but you get what you pay for this and this is a quality product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Open the box, Setup and Watch, 29 July 2012
R. France (Wigan) - See all my reviews
What more can I say. Connected everything, switched on and a perfect picture. I didn't have to change any of the default settings.
With my previous Panasonic TV when I switched on the virgin box it would automatically change reception from the aerial, but now I have to change from the aerial to cable manually by pressing the AV button on my remote and then choosing HDMI1, or whatever HDMI connection is used. Although I am 78 years old I have connected the TV, by viera link, to my Computer (running Windows XP), without any problems, and can now watch films, photos or listen to the music stored on my computer. Brilliant. You are never too old.
The 3D is very good. although very little is available at the moment. However, I set my TIVO box to record the BBC 3D evening programme of the days Olympic highlights. Having just watched the recording this morning, through the 3D glasses, all I can say is that The TIVO box recorded the programme perfectly.
By purchasing the TV before the 31st July 2 free Panasonic active glasses were included. However, as more than 2 people could occasionally be watching I also bought the Samsung SSG-P41002/XC Battery Operated 3D Glasses (Pack of 2) together with Panasonic Specialist Lithium Coin Batteries CR2025 x 12. They work also work perfectly and were a quarter of the cost had I wanted to purchase additional Panasonic glasses. Delighted with my purchase especially as my wife keeps saying what a brilliant picture.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 11 July 2012
It is everything i ever dreamed of in tv truly marvelous the hd is almost 3d the picture is crystal clear and the 3d is mind boggling

5.0 out of 5 stars The best telly i have ever seen .... and the right price, 4 Sep 2012
Lets keep it simple;

SIZE : 47 inch is perfect, its super slim and all wifi smart and bits
2D : Stunning, having had my 3d blu-ray player for a while and used my full hd lg tv, i did not think that there would be much to write about, BUT now ALL my 2d blu-rays look like they have never before .... WOW
3D : No arguements of passive v's active blah blah blha.....This looks stunning in 3d blu-ray mode....i tested them all and unless i want to fork out another £400+ pounds on a plasma active 3D from panasonic and then pay for the glasses aswell , this is not even going to make it look that much better

Overall - BUY this TV !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 16 Oct 2012
My husband and I have hearing aids and have struggled for the last 5 years with an expensive slimline tv of another make. The situation gradually worsened as background noise seemed to be getting louder and lounder and actors often confusing mumbling with with emotive acting! We knew the problem was partly down to our hearing difficulties and tried in vain to boost the sound quality of our TV. We tried a sound bar which was useless and more recently a Bose Solo. Both had the effect of giving a rounder boomier cinematic sound which a lot of people would find suitable. Our experience was that if you are trying to pick out dialogue this fuller sound is hopeless. We need more clarity of speech . We were then told about this new Panasonic Viera and after reading reviews in up to date technical publications we decided to risk it. What a good decision . The picture quality is fantastic and the sound is such that we no longer use subtitles. We have adjusted it precisely to our requirements and couldn't be more pleased. We now have our photos and video clips on the full screen, connectivity with my iPad and full Internet connection. Yes it is hi tech and requires some time working out how to do everything , but my goodness it is worth it. Hats off to Panasonic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent tv and great 3d picture, 8 Oct 2012
P Gaminiratne "Bandu" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic TX-L47ET50B 47-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p 3D Smart VIERA LED TV with Freeview HD - Black (New for 2012) (Electronics)
This is a excellent tv with a great 3 d picture .I was watching the Ryder Cup in 3d what a experience as you are in Medina. Easy to set up and have enough Hmdi connections.regarding the 3d glasses are. too expensive , could be cheaper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Quality!, 29 Aug 2012
I have been shopping around for a while for a 3D TV and read numerous reviews from different websites and reviewers. The one model that kept coming up in all the lists was this one. Granted it wasn't always top of the heap in some reviews, but was always in the top 3 and I have to say I agree with the reviews. The quality of 2D HD out of the box was very impressive. A few small tweaks of the settings and I was delighted. A few days later Sky turned up to install my 3D service and if I thought the HD quality was good, the 3D was jaw-droppingly good! Even the Sky Engineer stated that he'd not seen a better 3D image.

If you are in the market for a 3D TV - Take a very serious look at this model

Excellent!

5.0 out of 5 stars TV of the future, 2 Aug 2012
I HAD to buy a new TV as I was recording programmes in HD & trying to play them back through a set top box connected to an old analogue TV which although it gave me a picture that was 100% better it still wasn't HD & it overloaded the circuitry & wrecked the TV. I spent nearly a week going through the different HDTV'S available & as I've had Panasonic equipment for years now & had superb service from them I decided to go with the TX-L42ET50B 42" 3D Smart VIERA set, which at the time was on offer from Amazon at £898.00 with TWO pairs of Panasonic TY-ER3D4ME Bluetooth Active 3D Glasses free, plus there is an offer to take a 5 year extra warranty out as well, although a little sceptical at first over the 3D service, I found to my delight that even though I'm recording in 2D the TV itself converts the 2D image into 3D, not only that but I can use the screen for my PC which is great for my old eyes which struggle to read the print on the smaller screen. All in all I think I got a fantastic deal from Amazon & Panasonic & the set was delivered in a couple of days, my thanks. I hope this review has been of help to you

4.0 out of 5 stars Great 3D, picture quality, sound but lacking apps, 25 Dec 2012
L Hentschel (England) - See all my reviews
Ive had one of these for about 4 months. I couldnt go back to a smaller tv now!

Apps
Starting with the bad points, im surprised at Panasonic lacking severely with apps. After letting Samsung have this
technology for free and then pushing it as their own after realising its popularity, there has been very little progress
to develop it at least for UK customers, even after promises from them that more would be added. BBC iplayer is there and works very well, but thats basically all that most people in the UK will use as the rest of the apps are geared towards American customers and have little relevance to us. There is no Lovefilm, ITV player, 4OD, 5OD, SKYgo or any of the other
popular UK apps.

Screen
The panel itself is very slim, only a few centimeters thick with a nice sliver plastic/metallic border. The screen really shines with HD content, its bright and colourful without being over saturated. Blacks are normally deep but with very dark scenes there is some bleeding from the edges as with any LED screen. Not something that noticeable most of the time.

3D
3D movies are amazing. Active 3d is leaps and bounds ahead of passive (the sort of 3d at cinemas). Active is the only way to view 3d in HD, passive 3d is not HD and the difference is noticeable no matter how much LG try to say its just as good. It isn't. 2d to 3d conversion is decent and adds depth of field to your HD content rather than looking at a flat 2d picture. If there are glasses included with your package they won't be of the rechargeable kind so it might be best to order some. A few minutes of charging gets you hours of viewing.

Gaming
I have an Xbox360 and gaming has been exceptional on this tv. It is extremely responsive and I have not noticed any ghosting at all. 3D gaming is also quite cool even if games arent really designed for it right now, it adds an extra demension to games to make them feel more real. Mass Effect 3 looked particularly impressive with 2d-3d conversion.

Sound
Everyone knows tv manufacturers don't excel in this area. But the sound is decent on this unit and sound is crisp, clear and deep. There are 8 mini speakers and a tube that make a sort of sub woofer built in but some will still opt for a separate sound system.

5.0 out of 5 stars 3D TV, 23 Jan 2013
Early days yet ,very promt delvery before you order glasses this TV uses Bluetooth not clear from handbook otherwise all ok