5.0 out of 5 stars Great all-round device
I have just upgraded to this from a PIXMA MX870, which the PIXMA MX895 builds upon (as well as the MX885 that was released in-between).

Installation was a bit simpler than I remember it was with the MX870; the print head was pre-installed and the print head alignment sheet did not need to be subsequently scanned. Connecting to the wireless network was made easy...
Published on 23 May 2012 by NeedPerfection

3.0 out of 5 stars Linux users
After agonising for weeks about which all-round printer to buy I thought this looked a good bet and was impressed by its reviews and discount on Amazon.
However, my computer's operating system is Linux and I didn't realise how little backup there would be for a relatively new product. My daughter and I unpacked the printer and worked carefully through the written...
Published on 25 Aug. 2012 by buff orpington

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Pixma MX895 Photo Printer, 12 April 2013
This review is from: Canon PIXMA MX895 All-In-One Colour Photo Printer (Print, Copy, Scan, Fax) (Accessory)
The product was delivered early and extremely well packed. Now in my 80th year I had some difficulty following the instructions and still have not used all the facilities but I am pleased with the results so far.

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective out of the box, not once but twice!, 5 April 2013
Would really give it 0 stars!
Had the first one delivered by Amazon in good time but it did not print a single drop of ink! It wouldn't perform the auto-alignment and the error code was not in the manual, not very useful. Canon customer service confirmed the fault, which required repair or replacement.
Ordered a replacement from Amazon, which arrived at the weekend at no extra cost, and this one had a jammed printer head. Returned both to amazon for a full refund. Cannot fault Amazon, great customer service, however Canon are not on my shopping list any more and I would not recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really worth the money, 24 Jan. 2013
I chose this all in one for two reasons, the first being it's photo printing ability and the second being it's duplex ADF ability.
I took the risk of not seeing it in action and relied on PC mag reviews and those on Amazon. The reviews tend to be a little critical of the ink consumption and cost but I was willing to accept this if the photo print quality justified it. It does indeed! As an amateur photographer I do like to print my better shots and Canons 5 cartridge print engine is excellent. Having moved house I also needed to archive loads of documents and thats why the duplex ADF facility was on the list. So far the duplexing works well-albeit slowly-but as I'm not standing by handling the paper this isn't that relevant. Non duplex ADF operation is fast.

Set up was easy and operation is very straightforward. It also looks stunning in it's shiny black trim with everything folded away!

I bought this for home use and to support my hobby so the cost per sheet was not a factor. If you need an office all in one then I expect that you can find one that is cheaper to run. However if you want high quality photo printing with all in one facilities then a Canon with this print engine will make you smile.

5.0 out of 5 stars Utterly reliable printer, 26 Oct. 2012
This printer has performed extremely well and produces consistently good results. The colours are good and even small text is legible.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent machine as long as you know its limits, 6 Jun. 2012
Alex (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this to replace a very ancient inkjet printer and a Canon scanner and it does pretty much as advertised. I haven't tried everything on it yet but my first impressions:

It's quite big and takes up a fair footprint so be aware of that when thinking about where to put it, it does stick out at the back a little but it's not massively oversized.

It can take a while to get the first printed page out after a cold start.

The duplex scanner function is quite reliable (one of the major reasons I bought this particular machine) but don't expect great speeds out of it. If you're happy to load it up and walk away then you'll be fine.

Although it supports IPv6 you can only have either v6 or v4, you can't have a dual stack. I'll admit I'm probably the only person in the world that cares about this though.

My biggest complaint though is that you're pretty much dependent on having a PC switched on in the house to scan to. I'd hoped that the "scan to email" function would work standalone and I'd be able to send my paperwork straight to Evernote, but sadly not. It's strange that considering it has got a built-in web server and can talk to Google cloud print all it can do is start Outlook on a PC somewhere with the scan pre-attached.

For the money I think you get a pretty good deal and I'm happy I bought it, I just hope that one day Canon can fix that extra 10%.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great multi-function inkjet, a little on the thirsty side, 16 Feb. 2013
J. Turnbull (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this printer as a replacement for an ageing HP Officejet 6310 All-in-One.

The print quality compared to the HP, even on plain paper is like comparing a Da Vinci with my kids hand printing - it's that good a difference. The duplex function works fine and there haven't been any paper jams in the few months I've been using this.

One of my uses for the printer is to scan documents and partly due to the in-built duplex function and the good quality of the auto feeder, this has improved my throughput of scanning. Again, unlike the HP Officejet (which was my third HP inkjet over the years) there haven't been any jams. The quality of the scanned image is much better.

Overall, having been an HP printer fan ever since the first Laserjets in the 1990s, I do wonder why it took me so long to venture into the world of Canon - a place I'm destined to stay for a while.

One downside is that it seems to have been quite thirsty on the ink and a replacement set of inks is c. £40 (for all five). I would have liked to have seen this model come with CD printing, but Canon don't do a multi-function device with this feature.

I should really give this five stars (if I'm comparing with the HP devices), but four stars due to cost of ink and the lack of a feature that they've put in their other inkjet printers.

3.0 out of 5 stars Beware ink refill charges, 6 Jan. 2013
Great printer, great service from Amazon. However, it uses ink at an alarming rate, it uses colour inks even when you set it to print in grayscale and in draft mode and it tries to persuade you to change printer cartridges long before this is necessary. I never buy Canon cartridges but still the costs are high. So...great printer but I would much rather pay more at the outset and have something that is more honest and is cheaper to run.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't!, 20 Jan. 2013
I gave this machine a very glowing review on 20 January 2013 headed "Simply The Best". I now wish I had never written written those words. Here is why ......

Shortly after I wrote those words this machine refused, firstly, to scan and, secondly, would obey printing commands only intermittently, just as happened latterly to its predecessor the MX885. In the meantime, I had purchased also a Canon Sensys mono laser, the MF4890dw which, also, has difficulties scanning and will print only intermittently.

I wrote to Canon HQ on 19 March advising the problems. I have yet to receive an acknowledgement let alone a reply.

The bottom line is that at present I am greatly off both Canon and Canon products. That is a pity because this Canon Pixma copies well and is capable of producing superb photographs when it bothers to function. I am left wondering whether these Canon wireless machines have an inherent fault and the lack of response from Canon only adds to my concern. An old HP Photosmart still functions wirelessly and faultlessly after some six years of use.

I exclude Amazon from complaint as their response has always been to return any defective product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk, 18 Dec. 2012
Requires constant rebooting and resetting of the Wi-Fi link, quite the most infuriating and disappointing computing device I've ever purchased. The Dyson of printers: looks great and performs superbly - until it breaks inside of six months.

1.0 out of 5 stars WORST printer EVER..., 18 Feb. 2015
Michael A. Stokoe "mickyas" (co durham. UK) - See all my reviews
If i'd known how difficult, complicated and convoluted this machine is, i would never have bought it. This machine EATS printer cartridges for breakfast...you'll be taking out a loan to pay for the amount of ink cartridges you'll be using. I am not a technophobe by any stretch of the imagination and love gadgets and i have no problem with using/operating any technology but, this thing is overly complicated. When scanning documents from ADF it randomly displays them upside down, so turning those documents 'upside down' prior to scanning results in them displaying...UPSIDE DOWN !!!!! As for photo print quality...ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE...i either have a knackered machine being possessed by a stroppy teenager or people are reviewing a completely different machine to me!!! In short, buy at your own risk as this is such a bad machine that i would not have one of these GIVEN to me... FREE...gold plated....with a diamond encrusted bow, it is sooooo bad.

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›