Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Voyage Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

on 26 July 2011
As has already been said this is definitely the case that Apple should have made for the iPad, it is absolutely fabulous.
It fits perfectly, holds the iPad 2 securely, is made of good quality leather, and only weighs 300g - this is almost half of the weight of my friends case.
Oh, and it looks very cool too.
I looked at several cases and many reviews of different ones before buying, and I am certain that although this is expensive, it is by a VERY long way the best case on the market.
If you are disappointed with this, then I am really not sure what you are looking for.
Come on Apple, look at what you could be selling.
on 23 August 2011
After spending nearly £500 on my new iPad2 I wanted a quality cover that would tick several boxes.
1. It had to protect the iPad2 completely - not just the front.
2. It had to fit the iPad2 seamlessly - so that all the functions like the cameras can be used whilst the iPad2 is contained within the case.
3. It had to have a tilt function so that I could watch a film with ease.
4. It had to be easy to use and incorporate front cover turn-on and turn-off function.
5.More importantly for me it had to look good.

I had been thinking of spending £325 on a Smythsons luxury iPad2 case but then I thought that I would order this one and send it back if I wasn't 100% satisfied. I ordered it at 6.00pm yesterday and it arrived by 11.00am this morning and it is perfect. The iPad2 is slim and this case keeps it slim and secure. I cannot recommend this product or retailer enough.
on 2 May 2012
I'm submitting this review, not only because of the product, but also because of the service I subsequently received from StilGut.
When the case arrived I knew straight away I had made the right choice. I had been deliberating for a couple of weeks on which one to buy and it looked exactly as I hoped it would, fitting the new iPad very snugly offering good protection without covering up too much of the device itself and feeling like a real quality product, perfect. Or so I thought, it took me a couple of days to realise that the auto-sleep mechanism wasn't working correctly, it would lock then unlock the iPad when the cover was closed then do the same when it was opened, this gave the illusion that it was working until I closed it one evening and noticed the screen still glowing under the cover. I contacted StilGut, I had received an email to contact them with any query's rather than Amazon when I first placed the order, and they immediately sent out a replacement. Not only did this one work perfectly, auto-sleep and all, but they allowed me to keep the first one as well as a gesture of good will, fantastic!!
on 18 August 2011
I ordered this cover at the same time as ordering my ipad because I wanted to keep it looking stratch free. I was delighted with the quality and the way it leaves all the relevant control/cameras clear. My reason for docking a star was because it doesn't switch off like the Apple cover [as mentioned in a previous review] but then that one doesn't have a back to it.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 August 2011
I looked long and hard at iPad cases that would double up as stands before shelling out on the StilGut - not cheap - at the best part of £50 - but after hearing friends complain about the £20 and £30 cases they had bought being flimsy and unsatisfactory I decided to bite the bullet. I am so glad that I did - it's an elegant item, beautifully engineered to fit perfectly, made from good quality leather, and is sturdy as hell. Bravo, StilGut! A fine piece of functional design.
on 18 May 2011
I looked at several iPad 2 cases and I liked none of them. Some were too big, some covered the iPad 2 completely, some didnt have the proper functionality to place the iPad 2 in a good position.
This one is really good in all of the above. Its very slim and light, doesnt cover up the whole iPad 2 (but still protects it) so you can see its beauty and the flexibility in positions is absolutely faboulous!
And if you want to remove the case for some reason, its very easily done as well.
I can highly recommend this case and use it all the time with my iPad 2.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 January 2012
When I first got my ipad2, I was so proud, and wanted to show it off. I began taking it to friends houses to meet with groups of other friends. They each tried my I pad - but then remarked in the same way - " That's fantastic - here, I'll give it you back before I drop it!". Yes, one great drawback with this fabulous machine is the delicate feel of it - which takes away the comfortable, relaxed enjoyment that is so important when using it. I tried a few different covers, but nothing really fitted the bill - and buying cover after cover was becoming quite an expensive pastime.
But then I saw this one and, though much more expensive than previous covers, I was determined to find the perfect one and took a chance.

From the moment you fit the cover the IPad becomes complete. It fits so well, you'd think it had been sprayed on.
This cover is just perfect! If apple should ever decide to sell their fabulous machines with a cover in the deal, it would have to be this one. I've read the odd reviewers complaint regarding a weird smell emitting from it - I'm sniffing at mine now and - nothing! So many adjectives have been used to discribe this product. I think that the official one would have to be 'perfect'.
I used to feel that my IPad was useful and fun, but very delicate. Now it's useful, fun, smart, well protected, comfortable a pleasure to handle and just... COMPLETE! The pride I felt when I first received my shiny Ipad2 has now increased to, at least, two fold.
on 31 August 2011
I spent a long time time researching covers for my iPad2 - mainly because they are so damned expensive and so I wanted to get it right. I think I did - if you want all round protection for your device (rather than just the screen protection you get with a SmartCover) then this is an excellent product. Yes it is expensive, but I think it is worth the money. It seems to be very high quality, it fits very well (without adding bulk) and is also very well designed. All buttons, switches. etc are very accessible, it automatically locks the device when you close the cover and, generally, it works well as a multi position stand. Two minor downsides are (1) when the you open the cover and you just want to grasp the iPad. you will tend to fold the front right around to the back - that's fine but then the rear camera is covered - so, if you want to use the rear camera you have to hold it open like a book - that's a bit awkward. (2) the design gives you a multi-postion stand and whilst that works very well on a flat, hard surface (desk) it's not quite as successful on something like your lap. However, I would re-emphasise that these are minor issues and I have seen nothing better on the market. If you are someone who would pay £50 for an iPad cover (and lots seem to be around this price)then go for it - I was not disappointed and you probably won't be either.
on 22 August 2011
Its a worth the price product. I ordered 2 covers one is this one and another usual cover which covers the border of ipad.
I must say i wasted money on the other product. This is definitely the best cover i have got to see in the market. Would recommend to every ipad user to buy this.
on 26 August 2011
I was originally sceptical to spend £50 or there abouts on a cover to protect my iPad 2. However, when I purchased Apple's own iPad 2 cover, it had two main problems: 1) the cover offered no protection for the back, sides and corners of the iPad 2 chasis and 2) the cover, when configured to allow the iPad to stand did not bear well when typing on the keyboard - it would simply fall over.

This product surpassed my expectations: it is sleek, stylish and highly streamlined in design. It addressed the shortcomings of Apple's original iPad 2 cover by providing full round protection and its configurable design enables it to stand the iPad in a sturdy position for typing and touch screen presses.

This product fits snugly, yet is easy to remove and configure the stand; it is light, yet is solid in design and gives me confidence in being able to protect my iPad from the usual every day cosmetic wear and tear (obviously not meant dropping the iPad).

In all, an excellent product; well worth the money. If you've bought an Apple one, sell it and use the money to buy this - this is by far the best one I have found and the multitudinous positive reviwes of this product speak for themselves! A worthy investment!!!