4.0 out of 5 stars Inpsired Dream Pop
Beach House have just churned out their most loveable album to date with their fourth LP Bloom! i could happily just leave it at that, but you guys probably need something a little bit more convincing to go on i'm sure. Myth and Lazuli are two songs that have been used as bait to reel in potential newcomers with free streams available of them before the albums official...
Published on 20 July 2012 by Kenneth

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty enough, but no stayer
Sure, the first times you hear through this, you will probably like the undeniably immediate melancholic beauty of the songs. After many listenings, though, the songs tend to "fall apart," they become mere musical constructions without real soul or depth.
Published 18 months ago by aphelion

5.0 out of 5 stars Bloomin' Marvelous!, 3 Jun 2012
ChrisF242 (Hampshire,England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bloom (Audio CD)
I purchased this album on the back of watching Beach House on 'Later...' recently.Never heard of 'em up to that point.Keeping up with current trends in music passed me by a long time ago.But something about the track they played,'Myth',took me back to the early '90's and my love of Slowdive,Lush,Chapterhouse,This Mortal Coil,Cocteau Twins and others.
I know the music and the bands making it were lumped together as 'shoegazing',a term some hack at the NME probably thought was witty but was quite disingenuous.
Beach House appear to carry the torch in the current era for music heavily drenched in reverb,delay and breathy vocals.And it's about time!
Bloom is an album that demands to be played all the way through,no skipping tracks allowed (although there is another track at the end of track 10-fast forward 3 minutes)
Others have said it better than me.Just buy,listen and enjoy.
It looks like I'm going to have to search out their previous work now.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lacking definition, 18 Jun 2012
Edward Walsh (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bloom (Mpdl) [VINYL] (Vinyl)
I am new to Beach House and I cannot speak long term on the content at this stage. I must make two points however as regards the vinyl version - that is what we are dealing with here?

1. The outside packaging does not specify that the double LP plays at 45rpm not 33 - I was surprised by this revelation when I took it home and opened the sleeve. Just be aware of this if your player only plays at 33! My Linn (vintage!) requires the insertion of a special sleeved pulley to alter the speed and it is a little awkward.

2. The sound is lacking in definition - the drums do not crack and fine detail is lost. This is disappointing as LP size discs playing at 45rpm should be possibly the ideal medium. I know that the sound is lacking as the package includes a free CD version of the album that wipes the floor with the vinyl sonically. What a drag - I prefer to buy vinyl where I can, even at a premium on price. The recent Santigold LP is a cracker!

2.0 out of 5 stars i found it boring, 24 Jun 2012
This review is from: Bloom (Audio CD)
A bit too twee for me. yes it's melodic but not in a haunting challeging way. I guess I don't really like 'electro' keyboard based music. Seems a lot people like it looking at the high ratings, which were one of the main reasons I bought it. Next time I will spend a bit more time researching before shelling out.

1.0 out of 5 stars Review, 24 Feb 2014
This review is from: Bloom (Audio CD)
Given this a poor review as I find that I do not like Beach House. However this should not stop anybody buying it.

Bloom
Bloom by Beach House (Audio CD - 2012)