5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Case - Works Perfectly
Published on 17 April 2012 by Andy

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't perform as described
Published on 8 Aug. 2012 by MB190

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Case - Works Perfectly, 17 April 2012
As soon as I opened the packaging for this case I was more than pleased by the look and style of the case. The pictures on the internet don't give this product much justice. I was worried that the sleep/wake feature was not going to work as Targus was aware that this feature on there case was at fault but the case that I received worked perfectly from Preiscompany. Actually I emailed Preiscompany to ask them if the sleep/wake feature worked on this case before I purchased it. Although I did'nt receive an email back from them I went ahead with the case anyway and I was not let down. The touch of the case is very nice as well. I can't see how anyone would not like this case at all. Excellent and Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Improved design, now a perfect case, 3 Jan. 2014
Mrs. K. Kidd "Lady Nerd" (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I had a previous version of this case, which I absolutely loved, except that the rubber edging started to peel after a year's use. I noticed that the price has been reduced since I bought my first case back in December 2012, so I decided to go ahead and order a replacement, because this case is brilliant in every other way.

I am happy to see that the rubberised edging, which in my view was the only flaw in the previous iteration of this case, has now been replaced with what appears to be a hard plastic or heat-sealed finish around the edges. I imagine this will be far more durable in the long run.

My iPad 4 clips securely into the case, and has never come loose through my somewhat blasé handling over the past year. Yet it is also not difficult to remove if required. The case fully protects the corners, while not impeding onto the front bezel of the iPad at all. The cut outs are all perfectly positioned. The front cover is held down securely by magnets, which also reliably put the iPad to sleep when closed (this appears to have been a problem with a previous version of the case, but both of mine have performed perfectly in this regard). A soft microfibre lining on the inside of the cover and the inside of the back panel is a nice touch, and I'm never worried that this case will scratch or damage my iPad in any way.

My favourite feature is the fact that the cover can be folded back and tucked into the tab on the back to create a simple but very effective wedge support. I believe the early Apple cases had similar covers, but these have now been replaced by those awful and awkward foldy triangle covers which I find infuriating to use, especially since I tend to use my iPad on my lap with a lot of typing. The design of this cover is far superior, as it allows the iPad to be fully supported on your lap at a comfortable angle while typing or browsing. It was actually surprisingly difficult to find a case with this feature, and my initial purchase was based on this alone.

The twill finish of the case is hard wearing and can be wiped down with a damp cloth. My year old model still looks surprisingly clean considering that there was a soup incident and a hummus incident early on in its life. I actually like the slightly informal look of this case, and the contrasting stitching and cut out on the back for the Apple logo add a bit of whimsy.

I had considered buying two this time round considering the price drop and to ensure a replacement if I encountered the edging issue again. However, it appears as if this flaw has been addressed now, so I anticipate the lifetime of this case to extend well beyond the year of the previous one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Quality, 14 May 2012
Oliver Simm - See all my reviews
Really great product, love the slim un-obtrusive look and feel. For anyone with concerns over the Sleep/Wake function working I can confirm it works perfectly on this case. Internal lining feels luxuriously soft,just how I want my iPad wrapped-up! Dual stand positions are also well set for typing or media viewing. All-in-all a top product. Have to agree with previous reviewer that the pictures really don't demonstrate the quality finish well enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart, Sturdy, Stylish, 2 Jun. 2012
Although the case did arrive 3 days after expected, I have found it to suite its purpose perfectly. I'm very snobbish when it comes to cases and have tried many for both my iPhone and my iPad, however I always end up removing them.
This case is smart, sturdy and stylish.. as the title of this review would suggest!

It fits well and does not take away from the design of the device what-so-ever, it doesn't feel as though it adds much weight either. Really handy for carrying in a bag or taking into a travelling/work environment.

I would defiantly fully recommend this purchase to any body in need of a fine quality case.

I will be investing in more Targus products in future.

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't perform as described, 8 Aug. 2012
I chose the Ipad cover based upon the fact that normally Targus produce good quality products that function as described. There are many other cheaper covers available, but wishing to avoid disapointment, I chose a branded product and paid a higher price. Whilst it is an adequate cover and protects the Ipad, the auto sleep and wake function does not work, despite the fact that it clearly states on the packaging that this function works with new Ipad. It appears that the magnet is in the wrong place. Be wary of buying this product if that function is important to you

4.0 out of 5 stars good quality, 26 Oct. 2012
Well made case for which I paid £12 for a used one in Amazon Warehouse Clearance. The RRP price is really for a product that is made in Europe with workers paid decent wages owning homes. The back cover is made of 2mm thick. The IPAD clicked into the four corners of this back cover. Therefore the IPAD cornnes are moderately protected. There is a big hole in the back cover in case that you needed to be reminded constantly that this is an Apple product. Personally I dislike this big hole design feature and it ruins the back cover elegance. The back plastic cover has a textile layer bonded onto the surface. This is excellent as it provides a fabric feel to the fingers. The front cover is another 2-3 mm think of some polyurethane. Again this had the same textile bonded onto the surface.The stithcing is superbly regular and the Targus branded logo discretely displayed as an embossment onto the textiled surface moulding showing its design excellence. By comparison the black plastic Apple logo looked very dated and tired. There is no elasticated strap to tie the front cover. However the front cover uses its magnetic catch (the same thing used to wake and to sleep the IPAD) to "close" to the IPAD.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sleek, 17 Oct. 2012
Perfect case if you want to retain slender look of the IPad. The case is very light and thin but does protect well. It fits the ipad 2 perfectly. Disappointed that a couple of stitches have come loose after just three weeks light use, I'm sure I will need to return, hopefully the replacement will be ok as this is the perfect case for me, all the other cases just seem far to bulky.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good quality ipad case at a sensible price, 18 Jan. 2013
I bought this Targus ipad case as a Christmas present for my wife and it was exactly what she needed and wanted. The case is very good quality and, unlike some of the latest cases on the market, it protects the back of the ipad, not just the front. It's a really snug fit and the ipad simply clips into it. The front of the case folds back and you tuck the edge under a small clip that holds it securely in place. There are two viewing angles - an acute angle for watching programmes and a slightly raised angle for surfing the web (that's all you really need). Also, there's a magnet that automatically turns the ipad on or off when you open or close the case. All in all, it's a well designed case that does everything you need it to do for a sensible price (£25). It also only took a few days to arrive from Amazon after I placed my order, so overall I was very pleased with both the product and service and that is why I've given it a five star rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this iPad case!, 17 Sept. 2012
As soon as I purchased my 3rd generation iPad, I started the search for a case. The flimsy, rubber cases from Apple did not appeal to me. This is the case I finally decided on and I was not disappointed. This case is sturdy without being bulky. It has the sleep/wake function by closing and opening the cover. There are several settings for propping the case open which gives a choice of viewing angles. I especially love the loop on the cover for stashing my stylus. I never have to look for my stylus and haven't lost one yet.

The leather used to craft this case is strong, yet soft. It has a pleasant feel in your hands. My case holds the iPad snugly and I never feel as if it is loose or in danger of popping out of the case. It provides very good protection for my iPad.

I recommend this case to all iPad owners.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 17 Oct. 2012
I was looking for a case that protects the front and back of my ipad 3 without being too thick and clunky. The targus case is absolutely perfect, very easily clicks in and out of the case but at the same time holds the ipad really well so it won't come loose, the fit is perfect and the it feels and looks exceptionally nice. I looked at a lot of different cases and this one is by far the best and not too expensive compared to some others. Can't actually find a fault with it. It even has a small stylus holder on the back which is really handy. Highly recommend/go no further

Edit: Since getting this around 7-8 months ago, the rubber lining has started coming off and I find I keep taking it out the case because I like holding the Ipad. Still think it's a top case but i'd only give it a 4 star now.