5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Case - Works Perfectly
Published on 17 April 2012 by Andy

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't perform as described
Published on 8 Aug. 2012 by MB190

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Case - Works Perfectly, 17 April 2012
As soon as I opened the packaging for this case I was more than pleased by the look and style of the case. The pictures on the internet don't give this product much justice. I was worried that the sleep/wake feature was not going to work as Targus was aware that this feature on there case was at fault but the case that I received worked perfectly from Preiscompany. Actually I emailed Preiscompany to ask them if the sleep/wake feature worked on this case before I purchased it. Although I did'nt receive an email back from them I went ahead with the case anyway and I was not let down. The touch of the case is very nice as well. I can't see how anyone would not like this case at all. Excellent and Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Quality, 14 May 2012
Oliver Simm - See all my reviews
Really great product, love the slim un-obtrusive look and feel. For anyone with concerns over the Sleep/Wake function working I can confirm it works perfectly on this case. Internal lining feels luxuriously soft,just how I want my iPad wrapped-up! Dual stand positions are also well set for typing or media viewing. All-in-all a top product. Have to agree with previous reviewer that the pictures really don't demonstrate the quality finish well enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Improved design, now a perfect case, 3 Jan. 2014
Mrs. K. Kidd "Lady Nerd" (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I had a previous version of this case, which I absolutely loved, except that the rubber edging started to peel after a year's use. I noticed that the price has been reduced since I bought my first case back in December 2012, so I decided to go ahead and order a replacement, because this case is brilliant in every other way.

I am happy to see that the rubberised edging, which in my view was the only flaw in the previous iteration of this case, has now been replaced with what appears to be a hard plastic or heat-sealed finish around the edges. I imagine this will be far more durable in the long run.

My iPad 4 clips securely into the case, and has never come loose through my somewhat blasé handling over the past year. Yet it is also not difficult to remove if required. The case fully protects the corners, while not impeding onto the front bezel of the iPad at all. The cut outs are all perfectly positioned. The front cover is held down securely by magnets, which also reliably put the iPad to sleep when closed (this appears to have been a problem with a previous version of the case, but both of mine have performed perfectly in this regard). A soft microfibre lining on the inside of the cover and the inside of the back panel is a nice touch, and I'm never worried that this case will scratch or damage my iPad in any way.

My favourite feature is the fact that the cover can be folded back and tucked into the tab on the back to create a simple but very effective wedge support. I believe the early Apple cases had similar covers, but these have now been replaced by those awful and awkward foldy triangle covers which I find infuriating to use, especially since I tend to use my iPad on my lap with a lot of typing. The design of this cover is far superior, as it allows the iPad to be fully supported on your lap at a comfortable angle while typing or browsing. It was actually surprisingly difficult to find a case with this feature, and my initial purchase was based on this alone.

The twill finish of the case is hard wearing and can be wiped down with a damp cloth. My year old model still looks surprisingly clean considering that there was a soup incident and a hummus incident early on in its life. I actually like the slightly informal look of this case, and the contrasting stitching and cut out on the back for the Apple logo add a bit of whimsy.

I had considered buying two this time round considering the price drop and to ensure a replacement if I encountered the edging issue again. However, it appears as if this flaw has been addressed now, so I anticipate the lifetime of this case to extend well beyond the year of the previous one.

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks better on screen, 21 May 2013
It is average at best, not particularly stylish and seems to have gotten worn out a lot quicker than i expected

1.0 out of 5 stars case for concern, 13 Jan. 2013
You can't give a product zero stars.....but that is what it is worth.

After seeing this case actually fitted and working OK on a ipad, I found that I could get this much cheaper from Amazon than in a local shop. A VERY BAD move.
The first case I received fully clipped on OK, but the front flap of the case would not close fully and so it did not lay flat. Incorrectly made front flap.
But not that bad compared to what was to come next.
Thinking this would be a one off, badly stitched front flap, I tried another.

The second case I tried is currently STUCK FAST on the ipad...... with 3 corners clipped on and the fourth too tight to clip on because the whole case bottom plastic is too small.
The base is very thick and not very flexible so it makes removal without marking the ipad difficult even if the case is moulded to the right size.
Though any moulded correctly should be OK (as my friend's).
POOR DESIGN which does not allow for any manufacturing moulding tolerance. They should be individually tested and rejected before being released.

I am now typing this while I wonder how to get the damned thing off a brand new ipad without issue, because one of the 3 corners is on very tight and it is stopping easy removal. There is VERY little to get a grip on to remove it with.......TERRIBLE PRODUCT.

I suspect the stock is B grade stock OR the quality control is DIRE......... AVOID THIS PRODUCT LIKE THE PLAUGE. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED !!

4.0 out of 5 stars Sleek, 17 Oct. 2012
Perfect case if you want to retain slender look of the IPad. The case is very light and thin but does protect well. It fits the ipad 2 perfectly. Disappointed that a couple of stitches have come loose after just three weeks light use, I'm sure I will need to return, hopefully the replacement will be ok as this is the perfect case for me, all the other cases just seem far to bulky.

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't perform as described, 8 Aug. 2012
I chose the Ipad cover based upon the fact that normally Targus produce good quality products that function as described. There are many other cheaper covers available, but wishing to avoid disapointment, I chose a branded product and paid a higher price. Whilst it is an adequate cover and protects the Ipad, the auto sleep and wake function does not work, despite the fact that it clearly states on the packaging that this function works with new Ipad. It appears that the magnet is in the wrong place. Be wary of buying this product if that function is important to you

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart, Sturdy, Stylish, 2 Jun. 2012
Although the case did arrive 3 days after expected, I have found it to suite its purpose perfectly. I'm very snobbish when it comes to cases and have tried many for both my iPhone and my iPad, however I always end up removing them.
This case is smart, sturdy and stylish.. as the title of this review would suggest!

It fits well and does not take away from the design of the device what-so-ever, it doesn't feel as though it adds much weight either. Really handy for carrying in a bag or taking into a travelling/work environment.

I would defiantly fully recommend this purchase to any body in need of a fine quality case.

I will be investing in more Targus products in future.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not well made, 21 May 2014
This review is from: Targus Premium Click-in Case Cover Stand with Magnetic Sleep Wake Function for New iPad 3 - Pink Twill (Accessory)
This does not appear to be a genuine Targus product. It is poorly made with rough edges and bumps and lumps on the surfaces. I guess the cheap price (£2.99) explains this. Having said this, it does do a fairly decent job of protecting your iPad.

3.0 out of 5 stars fits nice and looks good but plastic peels off easy, 25 April 2014
fits nice and looks good but plastic peels off easy, so has only lasted 6 months (not heavy use) before needing replacing.