5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pocket Camcorder
I've been using this for a little over a week and so far I've been very impressed with it.
Published 21 months ago by Terry6231

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE! Total waste of money!
After taking just a few photographs the camera stopped working completely. I contacted the seller who told me I was outside the 90 day warranty. No allowance was made for this being the first time it was used. It was obviously not fit for purpose and a total waste of 60. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS ITEM.
Published 11 months ago by pixie601

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pocket Camcorder, 12 Oct 2012
This review is from: Samsung W300 HD Memory Camcorder - Red (5MP, 1x Optical Zoom) 2.3 inch LCD (Electronics)
Previously I owned a Flip Ultra 3rd Gen which was a terrific little pocket camcorder. When this finally died i was looking for something which was just as good.I tried, and then returned both a Kodak Playsport ZX5 and a Sony Bloggie touch. Both of these were OK but to my mind they didnt match up to the Flip for different reasons.
I have a larger camcorder also, but the pocket models are ideal for just throwing in a bag, or having in your coat pocket. I also prefer a dedicated device rather than using my smartphone.
Being so light, these types of camcorders are prone to camera shake and no anti-shake or stabiliser add on is going to compensate for this. As long as you avoid filming whilst striding along, or panning to quickly, you will get good results.
I tried using the Samsung whilst mounted on a tripod and the results look very good when played back on a 50" plasma. The Samsung also delivers the best low light performance of any of the pocket models that I tried.
Stills from this camcorder are just ok, but this was not the primary reason for my purchase and you need to remember that first and formost this is a camcorder.
I havent tried using it underwater, and dont know that I will.
The shockproofing and waterproofing is just a bonus if I am honest, and means that I can use it in all weathers.
To anyone thinking of purchasing this primarily for underwater use I would suggest that they look elswhere. The reason for this is that the catches securing the waterproof flaps covering the SD card, and USB port dont look totally secure, and could be unlatched accidently.
Having said that,a strategically placed elastic band would fix this.
Those caveats aside, I would recommend this particular camcorder to anyone looking for good clear full HD footage from a robust pocket sized device.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, very fast start-up, 3 Sep 2012
really happy with this camecorder. The quality is as good as expected, if anything, better. The time lag on photos is much better if face recognition is off.

the bets part of this little machine is that it switches on so fast and at the touch of ONE button. And you can start filming in about 2 seconds flat. sounds trivial but to catch scenes of my little boy, that's priceless.

4.0 out of 5 stars My daughter enjoys this, 29 Jan 2013
Essentially it is a good product, there are a few things far from being perfect, however. First, it has weak white balance which means, in fact, that one should only record anything in an excellent natural light. Secondly, the quality of video recording with digital zoom is terrible - basically it means: do not use digital zoom with video recording. One of the annoying things is that even if the interface sounds are off the sound of actual clicking the buttons is always heard on the video recording. Last thing is that the user interface is clumsy - we are at all times coming to the situation we are asking each other how it was to change this, or to run that on that camera.
However, my daughter enjoys that, using it under water and in the playground. She broke her phone twice already, but not this camera (yet :-) ).

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly my type of camcorder, 9 Jan 2013
I wanted a small(compact type) and durable camcorder since my previous one lasted for 4 years.This one seems to meet my expectations.
I know that it doesn't have some features other camcorders have(ex. it only has digital zoom,no flashlight,no night shot), but for me it is the appropriate one.
I would buy it again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Eesy to use, 2 Oct 2012
I'm pleased with it's simplisty and definition, it's so easy to use, handy to put in onespocket,also price, The photos are as good as my nikon.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE! Total waste of money!, 12 Aug 2013