4.0 out of 5 stars Great but be wary if you don't have stick-insect legs.
Published 19 months ago by Applespider

3.0 out of 5 stars good for thinner legged people
I don't have big legs, but found that where the trousers zip off was far too tight, so I had to return them. I would buy the same without the zip off, as nice cut and narrow leg which is quite unusual for an outdoor trouser.
Published 23 months ago by AllyJ

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but be wary if you don't have stick-insect legs., 7 May 2013
These give a great shape and are more tailored that most 'sporty' trousers. The stretch in them makes it easy to clamber over things and bend over. Fit-wise, they are true to size (or perhaps even a little generous) if you are straight hipped. I'm guessing that if you are more pear-shaped, you might want to go up a size. If you're taller than 158cm, you might find the short size a little too short.

The fabric is reasonably thin but it gives some protection from the wind, wipes clean quite well and dries very fast.

BUT, AllyJ is right. They're not great (at least in the shorter size)if you've got legs with a bit of muscle. The trousers above/below the zip fit perfectly but where the zip lies is tight - and doesn't really loosen off after wearing. They're not unwearable but they'd be a lot more comfortable with an extra cm or so of zip in them!

3.0 out of 5 stars good for thinner legged people, 2 Jan 2013
AllyJ "Ally" (Shropshire, UK) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Quite uncomfortable zips, 9 Jun 2013
Tried two different sizes of these, 8 and 10. I normally wear 8, when i bought these, the zips felt really uncomfortable when walking not to mention bending. I exchanged them for size 10 and exactly the same thing, they were uncomfortable. other than that, the fit elsewhere was good, just the zips were uncomfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT VALUE TROUSERS, 5 July 2014
After reading other reviews i had decided not to purchase these trousers....but i'm so glad that i changed my mind.. They are really comfortable and you can't tell they have zips around the legs. I'm not sure if they are slight seconds as, someone else pointed out the stitching is not so good in places.I do not think it will come undone and cause a problem. Because of the price i paid i am more than 100% happy with my purchase and i would advise anyone else who was like me to just go ahead and place your order. I have 2 other pairs of these trousers (not with zip off legs) and i wouldn't buy anything else now. They are both practical and stylish all in one. They have lovely straight legs no excess material flapping around like other walking trousers. They get the full 5 stars from me :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent fit, useful pockets., 29 Nov 2013
I can be a size 10 or 12 (36 inch hip) depending on the style and had originally purchased a size 12 in the baggier, non-stretch style but boy did my bottom look enormous in those! So I returned them and thought I'd try a size 10 in a stretch material. Brilliant choice! They fit well, look good, feel comfortable and have several zipped pockets including one with a glasses cleaner attached. Zip-off facility means they double up as shorts and they have a sun factor so will be ideal for my regular walks in the Peak District and trekking through the tropical rain forests next spring. Good leg length and narrow legs makes it easy to tuck them inside walking socks and boots.

5.0 out of 5 stars Trousers, 21 Jun 2013
I've had these trousers before and find them very comfortable when walking, as the stretch is just enough when climbing stiles. So practical in changeable weather, able to zip bottom bits on or off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for wearing to the gym, 6 Dec 2013
I already had a pair of these, but like them so much I bought a second pair. Because they are so stretchy they are great for the gym and fitness classes. Only slight fault (though maybe it's my shape) is that they are roomy on the waist.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 17 April 2013
Nice to have a navy walking trousers instead of black. Fits perfectly and cool in the summer as they do as shorties

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 5 Oct 2014
Fab walking trousers! Good quality stretch fabric that flatters the female shape . I often find it hard to find trousers that fit as I am 1 to 2 size smaller in the waist than the hips but the thick stretch material means that they fit perfectly. I wore them in snowdonia and they were brilliant for climbing up and down bolders. I have several pairs plus the shorts and 3/4 lengths in this style for my trek along the Great Wall of china.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great looking trousers- comfortable to wear full length and as ..., 2 July 2014
Great looking trousers- comfortable to wear full length and as shorts even in hot weather. Move nicely with you and non restrictive. I will be buying another pair.