5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
Published on 26 July 2004 by ladyfresh2

3.0 out of 5 stars LAP
I found this book difficult to get into unlike her police series, If I had read this bok first I would have been unlikly to have read more, it was an interesting story but did not push any buttons for me
Published 16 months ago by D. F. A. James

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 26 July 2004
This review is from: The Legacy (Paperback)
As they say never judge a book by its cover, this is totally tru. I expected the book to be a sentimental, stereotypical 'woman's book', surprisingly the book kept me on the edge of my seat not wanting to put it down, reading it in the bathroom and fighting sleep to read what happened next. I was so engrossed in the book I felt that I was actually in the book. I was so pleased with the Legacy that I even brought the Talisman, which I have started reading yesterday and have nearly finished, as the first book makes you want more.
I would recommend this book to everyone, men to find out what we want in a man (Freedom Stubbs- soft, gentle, masculine and from the descriptions really really goodlooking - bring him to life) and for the women and good escape from reality to imgaine finding what youve always wanted and losing it - breaking your heart. If you don't shed a tear then youve got no heart, as when reading this book you actually feel the emotions that Evelyn is going through.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Legacy, 26 July 2002
By A Customer
This review is from: The Legacy (Paperback)
Although I do not read many books to the end, I found The Legacy hard to put down. Suprisingly I even felt like I was going through all of the emotions that the book had to offer. When it was finished, I was wanting more of the same. So now I am ordering the next book of Lynda La Plante's and hoping that I am about to enjoy this book as much as the last. To anyone who enjoys a good book, I would recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Contains all the attributes of a good read., 30 April 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: The Legacy (Paperback)
A book that contains everything a good read should - love, lust, intrigue, jealousy, heartache and action. You will not be able to put this book down as you will have to know what happens to the characters as their lives and loves intertwine to create a book of imense power with a uniquely rich writing style.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Legacy great story line, 13 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Legacy (Kindle Edition)
It holds your attention and has a good story line. I have read a good lot of Lynda La Plante books and have never been dissapointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lynda La Belle., 8 Nov 2012
This review is from: The Legacy (Paperback)
Just finished reading The Legacy,absolutely, one of her very best stories, and am about to start The Talisman.a continuation of this saga. It was interesting to find out that this was one of the Author,s own favourite.stories. If you are a fan of this lady , nuff said , grab a copy and enjoy, both books, via Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars An education! - The Legacy, 12 Jan 2007
This review is from: The Legacy (Paperback)
I just loved this book and didnt want to put it down, I was intrigued to learn about the romany traditions and the conditions that the welsh miners and their families had to endure. The heroine Evelyn was an inspiration and I just couldnt wait to read the follow up book The Talisman. I strongly recommend this book it isnt to be rushed.

1.0 out of 5 stars EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTING, 29 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Legacy (Kindle Edition)
Longtime admirer of LLP, so I'm amazed she wrote this boring tosh. Overly long , repetative, and found myself speed-reading practically the whole of the book disbelievingly. So predictable, absolutely no "edge of the seat" moments at all. And boxing??? Oh, the reams devoted to that subject............YAWN ......HUGE YAWN! As for the ending....WHAT ENDING? Please, please,LLP, stick to what you do best and acknowledge that this genre just "ain't your bag!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 11 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Legacy (Kindle Edition)
This is one of her best books I have had the pleasure of reading. An excellent read which is difficult to put down, once started.

3.0 out of 5 stars LAP, 10 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Legacy (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, couldn't turn the pages quickly enough, 11 July 2014
This review is from: The Legacy (Kindle Edition)
Great read, couldn't turn the pages quickly enough. Look forward to reading
The Talisman next, Lynda has done it again.

The Legacy