5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money
Published on 10 May 2012 by madyyyy

Published 1 month ago by lollipop68

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 10 May 2012
This review is from: Karrimor Skido 65 Rucksack (Misc.)
I've tried several different hiking bags around the same capacity and this is definitely the best!It's very comfortable to wear for prolonged periods of time and the waist belt, despite being unadjustable is comfortable on both small and tall people (it was tried on both) for me being 6 foot tall the hip belt sits around my waist but without compromising the weight on my shoulders.
I used this bag for 4 days of hiking walking around 15 kilometres per day and it remained comfortable. I also used it on my bronze and silver DofE expeditions for which it was very suitable.
As well as the practicalities of the bag the price was also incredibly reasonable and definitely around the same quality as a much more expensive bag. The colour, though not a particularly important to the bag's comfort and reliability, is also very nice.
The only problem that I came across with the bag was that it would not fit the huge amount of stuff I wanted into it but daying that as a 65 litre I mangaged to squeeze in more than I had expected!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great rucksack, 2 Jun 2012
This review is from: Karrimor Skido 65 Rucksack (Misc.)
Bought this rucksack for a 3 week greek travel and a one week skiingtrip in february. It is lightweight and nice to wear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money, 22 Jan 2013
This review is from: Karrimor Skido 65 Rucksack (Misc.)
Superfast delivery, lovely bag - feminine but heavy duty. I really didn't think I would find such a good quality bag on my budget until I saw this. Great size - plenty of pockets. Happy customer.

1.0 out of 5 stars It was packed to its full capacity and it wasn't comfortable to wear, 10 July 2014
This review is from: Karrimor Skido 65 Rucksack (Misc.)
My daughter packed this for her trip to a festival but it wasn't quite big enough. It was packed to its full capacity and it wasn't comfortable to wear, the whole rucksack was just too heavy for her (not the rucksack but the load). Her dad came to the rescue with his old Karrimor Discovery 75 - now that's what I call a rucksack. Suddenly the Skido looked and felt in comparison cheap and shoddy. Skido material is thin and probably won't last a trip whereas the Discovery material was thick, thick woven material. When she packed the Discovery and put it on it was comfortable and she felt she could walk for hours with the load on her back. Unfortunately Karrimor dont make the Discovery anymore and I don't know what the equivalent will be but the Skido is definitely going back. I want to invest in a good rucksack that will last a long time (her Dad's is going strong after 10+ years) as we do festivals as well as backpacking.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bargain Buy!, 10 Sep 2012
This review is from: Karrimor Skido 65 Rucksack (Misc.)
I'd definately recommend this rucksack! Easy to access each compartment & easy to attach sleeping bags & camping chairs to etc. Comfortable to carrying too! Great colour!

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful rucksack for backpacking, 21 May 2014
This review is from: Karrimor Skido 65 Rucksack (Misc.)
I used this rucksack to backpack around Asia for 3 weeks. I would definitely recommend it to backpackers - its light, stretchy and a great colour! Its pretty durable, (it survived 6 hostels and 8 flights) and there are lots of little compartments for your stuff. Brilliant value for the price (30).

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but great quality!, 1 Oct 2012
This review is from: Karrimor Skido 65 Rucksack (Misc.)
I bought this for a few weekend camping trips I do a year and it was perfect and cheap! but also I think will last

1.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable and holds the advertised capacity but the stiching is ..., 12 July 2014
This review is from: Karrimor Skido 65 Rucksack (Misc.)
Comfortable and holds the advertised capacity but the stiching is just terrible and gave away after 2 months. I can not get across how bad the sewing is. A one fingered, drunk, blind seamstress could do better.

1.0 out of 5 stars dont buy it, 19 Jan 2013
This review is from: Karrimor Skido 65 Rucksack (Misc.)
This bag ripped when I packed it for the first time. Now I have to find another one for my travels. Good job I got it with time to spare!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't bother!, 17 Mar 2013
This review is from: Karrimor Skido 65 Rucksack (Misc.)
When I first received this pack, I was very excited about it. Had all the features I wanted, nice color, good fit. However, after even a little bit of inspection, it was clear it's not a great product- the "frame" is a flimsy piece of plastic slid into the back. At first i was happy about even this- I took it out so that it would fit easier into airline carryon size requirements (which is its one redeeming factor- it holds quite a lot and is the exact right size to fit the budget airline requirements. I actually ran into trouble because it looked big but fit perfectly- angered some of the employees that they couldn't get me!) I used this for a few weekend trips and then one hiking excursion, but it didn't take long for me to realize that the quality was awful. There isn't an inch of seam that isn't coming apart on this pack- the fabric around the zippers gets caught easily and has consequently been shredded. There is a huge rip in the side of the pack, and the entire bottom of the pocket that holds the frame has completely ripped through. The frame itself is horrid- anything of substance inside the pack at all and the whole thing crumples- the absolute last thing you want in a framed backpack! many of the plastic parts have snapped as well, and I've only had this for a few months. Overall, it offers absolutely zero support, which is the whole point of a product like this, and the whole thing is crumpled, ripped, broken, and destroyed after very little use. I couldn't recommend it in good conscience to anyone unless their only intent was to throw it away as I'm about to do.

Karrimor Skido 65 Rucksack Tank/Pewter -