on 11 January 2016
Perfect for stoves that sit directly on the ground with a hose to a separate canister. It can still be used with stoves that attack to the top of a canister but I imagine it would prove less effective. I had no quality issues and though it was a nice item for the price. Picture shows it set up with my Fox cookware stove.
review image
on 13 July 2012
I bought this windshield because I liked the fact it had 9 sections rather than the usual 6 that some other windshields have. I can't knock the quality, and the colour is cool. Unfortunately it is only 15cm high, so only of any use for burners that are very low to the ground. It's on no use with my burner, so I've got to send it back.

Nowhere in the description did it specify the height, but I ordered it anyway thinking it would be high enough for it's purpose. If you know it's only 15cm high and that's what you want, then that's fine, but I think the height needs adding to the description.
on 21 April 2013
i bought this for the Primus spider stove and it works so well the extra plates make the difference and the colour looks amazing! but it dose seam to leave a mark if you spill beans or soup on it but nothing noticeable. it is quite short compared to others but this is because it is designed especially for stand alone stoves and dose a good job reflecting the heat and keeping the wind away highly recommend it!
on 3 July 2014
Surrounded the burner well and reduced boiling time, could be slightly taller (25/35)mm.
on 9 April 2015
This was scratched and slightly bent when I received it. Not new. One of the sections of tube that hold the pins in had obviously been cut off. It works and I don't have the time to send it back for a replacement but a little disappointed.
on 2 March 2014
this was a gift for my camping mad son , he recons its great and does the job, he takes it when he's out walking as it takes up very little room and uses it with his stove it was a good buy and would recommend it.
on 3 September 2015
The trip i went on right after I bought this was mega windy.. So the timing was good. It did the job. The pins are useful to keep it in place.

However the back part, that is actually facing the wind can blow in on itself. Not a big issue if you use the pot to keep right, but something to be aware of. The tiny gaps between sections also let a small amount of wind through. But as it takes away most of it, it's not an issue. Just use it with your strongest burner.
on 26 June 2016
Very lightweight and simple to use. 9 segments of 150mm high plates joined together with pegs at each end for staking into the ground. Works great on cookers that sit on or very low to the ground. Cutting out the wind cuts down on the amount of fuel you burn and make for a quicker cooking time so it's a no brainer really. Is a bright orange colour so you can't miss it in the grass and comes with its own drawstring bag again orange so easy to spot.
on 12 March 2016
I havent used this one but had ome pf the same make a while back. I normaly use it in high winds, when trying to get some tinder going, sometimes when cooking but, for me, it is a great fire starting tool, when you just find yourself in awkward weather condition. I have tried it with a gas stove, and is perfect cooking time is 15-20% quicker to boil water. Very light and durable.
on 22 February 2016
Excellent addition to my brew kit, in daily use many times, even take it on my hikes, rather stirs & compact.

Everyone should get one especially if the want to prevent burning extra fuel when cooking as this does a great job of keeping wind at minimum.

Happily recommend to others