5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent set - well made, and functional
Published 5 months ago by Springy

3.0 out of 5 stars "precarious"
it looks great in the picture! but in reality its unpractical for my 2 year old
there are too many turns and levels and the trains just fall off all the time
we ended up simplifying into a simple oval track and put loads of the deluxe back in the box
My advice - buy a simple oval track
Published 23 days ago by L. A. Ryan

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent set - well made, and functional, 15 Nov 2013
This review is from: Brio Deluxe Railway Set (Toy)
We ordered this Brio set for our twin boys. It came with a small storage box. The set contains a very wide range of pieces and needs to be assembled by an adult. There is a great variety of track sections, stations, and types of vehicle. This includes a crane, tube train with inbuilt flashing head lights (excellent), boat to dock with train/cranes, and figures that fit in the trains. The pieces are beautifully made, with great attention to detail. For example, the lorry has a cab that opens to reveal the engine, and the rear section slides to release "cargo" (which can in turn be picked up by the crane with the magnet). The set in its entirety is (a little) advanced for our two year old boys in terms of having the skills to construct it and not pull it apart - but they are playing with all the vehicles/trains on sections of the track. Overall, a big hit with them, and a good investment for future play. I wouldn't change anything about the set, I'd just make the storage box a little bigger - especially as we will be buying additional bits. Recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent buy, 21 Mar 2014
This review is from: Brio Deluxe Railway Set (Toy)
I chose this rating because the product deserves it.
I liked the quality and range of the item, but the raised rail supports are poor

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome! As you would expect from BRIO, 8 Mar 2014
This review is from: Brio Deluxe Railway Set (Toy)
A fabulous set with lots of junctions and raised tracks. A great mixture of track and road. The ferry and crane are a great bonus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality wood toy, 12 Feb 2014
This review is from: Brio Deluxe Railway Set (Toy)
I bought this for my 3 children.We have not opened it yet since it is for Easter but I saw it from the box and it appears to be a very nice piece of toy. Excellent wood quality as well. it is also good that there storage box to keep all pieces inside.It is just a bit expensive. I regretted the fact I did not wait a bit for the price to fall before buying when a week later I noticed it had half price.that ;s the only CON

3.0 out of 5 stars "precarious", 25 Mar 2014
L. A. Ryan "lukeyboy" (London) - See all my reviews
it looks great in the picture! but in reality its unpractical for my 2 year old
there are too many turns and levels and the trains just fall off all the time
My advice - buy a simple oval track

5.0 out of 5 stars A excellent piece of equipment, 14 Feb 2014
This review is from: Brio Deluxe Railway Set (Toy)
Lots of different trains, with several track layouts and two full stations with people and a ship to play with. An excellent set which will keep any child entertained for hours. Excellent for developing coordination and hand to eye control, whilst helping develop imaginative play.

ARRAY(0xabdc0f24)