5.0 out of 5 stars Our cat thrives on these treats!
Published on 1 May 2012 by Pepper

2.0 out of 5 stars Buy one tube first
Published on 9 Mar. 2011 by Neil M

5.0 out of 5 stars Our cat thrives on these treats!, 1 May 2012
Pepper (Uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Thrive is a cat treat which comes in a number of different types - white fish, tuna, shrimp, beef, liver & chicken. It is made from freeze dried ingredients without additives e.g. the white fish version is composed of 100% freeze dried white fish. One thing to be aware of is that although the packs of different flavours look the same size, the weight of product varies considerably. For example, this maxi tube of white fish contains 120g whilst the chicken version contains 200g, although, both maxi tubes are the same size and full. The maxi tubes are a recent innovation, and, are good value, given that a 15g tube of the white fish version is around £3 in Waitrose etc.

Our cat, Pepper, goes crazy for the white fish version of Thrive - he is almost as frenetic about it as catnip. We feed him 6-8 pieces as a treat now and then. The moment he hears the tube rattle he comes running. He is a bit cooler, but still enthusiastic, about the chicken version, and, less predictable around the other flavours - they are mood dependent. A tip is that as you work your way through a tub, inevitably, some of the content will collect as a sort of "dust" at the bottom of the tube - this makes a great garnish on your cat's food and increases its appeal considerably.

Clearly, this is a low fat product and one that leaves no mess because it is enthusiastically consumed down to the last crumb. Both Pepper and I recommend Thrive White Fish Treats as a snack or reward.

4.0 out of 5 stars Thrive, 7 May 2011
100% Natural ingredients, freezedried. My cats will hunt high and low for the thrive supply and spend hours trying to open drawers or opening cupboards to get their paws on their thrive, in the past they have also grabbed the tube and hid it under the bed whilst chewing through the tube and emptied it... As I said: As far as my cats are concerned there are no better tasting treats than chicken thrive. For some reason they are not too keen on the other flavors (I guess cats a bit like humans some prefer one flavor over the other), but the chicken thrive makes them go wild! Only 4 stars as my cats hates the shrimp thrive (fuzzy cats only likes fresh prawns) and even my cat with a sensitive tummy can eat these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cat loves it!, 28 Mar. 2011
I don't know how they prepare this, it is supposed to be 100% pure chicken - but surely chicken cannot be quite so addictive to a cat? My cat is quite happy to do tricks to be fed these, and has spent hours getting the lid off the end of a tube (well, I thought it was cat proof - it isn't, and the tube can be emptied by paw when the owner concerned is daft enough to leave it in a cats reach). I now keep mine under lock and key.

I am not sure what else I could say - pure chicken, so it must be a healthy treat for cats, and a treat that my cat adores.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious and healthy!, 31 July 2011
A. mendonca "mexsoapfreak" (london, UK) - See all my reviews
My cats just loves this treat!!! He particularly likes the fish ones, but eats very eagerly the chicken too!

I treat my cats like they are my own human babies therefore their nutrition is paramount concern to me.

For a while I researched on treats I could give them and bought many of the whiskas brand and dreams. my Vet told me that they are just like taking your child to Mcdonalds on a daily basis! they taste good but are very unhealthy.

She introduced me to thrive which is 100% meat and I bought one tube to start with. My cats loved it and everytime they see me picking it up, they go nuts and start jumping on me!!! I have to keep reminding them they are not dogs!

Im very pleased with this product and guilt free now that i know i can treat them without putting junk inside them!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 20 Feb. 2011
We bought these after being advised by our vet that we should only treat our cat with freeze-dried real meat pieces. I googled those words and found Thrive. These are 100% real meat (you can tell by the appearance and smell) and she goes absolutely wild for them! Highly recommended if you're looking for a healthy snack for your cat.

5.0 out of 5 stars The cat just loves them!!, 27 Feb. 2011
My parents cat is gluten intolerant, which until I found these meant that he couldn't ever have any treats at all! He just LOVES these, and nice to have something he can eat. I have sent some wrapped up for Christmas which he hunted out and went crazy for... (he knew which present was his!) and he gets very excited when you approach the cupboard where they are kept. I would suggest storing them in a high cupboard - our cat learned how to open the lower cupboards, with these treats egging him on no doubt!

2.0 out of 5 stars Buy one tube first, 9 Mar. 2011
My cats tend to like most cat treats. However none of my four cats would touch this product. They all just sniffed it and walked away appearing to be disinterested. Other reviewers clearly find their cats do enjoy this treat. My advice would be to buy a single tube and try it out on your cats first before investing in a four pack. My lot are happy with Dreamies and absolutely inhale these.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nom! Nom! Nom!, 6 Aug. 2014
Our cats were rescue kittens and despite lots and lots of TLC have remained very, very shy of strangers coming to the house. However we are now - four years on, I may add - making real progress with this, and it is largely thanks to these wee beauties. They go nuts for these! I explain to visitors the scenario and get them to give the cats a treat. Or two, or three.... Much purring and leg snaking ensues. Then the cats copy them! No seriously, the cats now associate potentially scary people with something yummy happening. They are so much more relaxed when people come round, and will take the treats off their fingers. Layla used to sit at the top of the stairs growling, now she only does that at the postman. Honestly. Big improvement! We currently don't give the treats at other times as we are trying to use them for this specific goal, but I hope to do so in the near future and would be confident about doing so as you can see that they are simply dods of fish, no other rubbish like other treats. But they do make your fingers stink, which is why no- one ever comes back to our house!

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 out of my 5 cats love thrive, 22 Jan. 2014
Like any cat food or treat some will love it some wont I like thrive as I can crumble/sprinkle it over their food As most cats now days they are fussy OR spoiled but when I put thrive over their food they eat it , this saves us money by not throwing away cat food that they would not otherwise have eaten 1 cat likes chicken 1 cat likes shrimp 1 cat likes chicken and the liver flavours and my other 2 cats don't like any of the flavours They also eat it just as a treat

3.0 out of 5 stars Its Dried chicken !, 6 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Thrive Cat 100% Chicken Treats MaxiTube - 200g (Misc.)
My cats did like it but the price is absolutely extortionate for 200g of dried chicken.

I would probably buy it again if it dropped in price dramatically, with a multi cat household 200g doesn't last very long