on 4 September 2013
I bought this to have fun with my son who loves helicopters. I thought the idea of flying around the house a great idea.
After seeing the advert I was very disappointed to find out that the thing DOES NOT FLY.
What it in fact does is spin around erratically for a few seconds before hitting the nearest object whether that is a wall or a ceiling.

We tried everything to get the unit to fly in straight lines using the controller, if you attempt to start flight from the floor you would need to have a room the size of a small ballroom to take off without hitting anything.

Dont expect it to be good as a car either as it does not really steer around but uses the blades and a slower flight mode to move it along. unless you are on the smoothest surface you would have more fun trying to play with your own car in a supermarket car park.
This has the turning circle of a bus.

After crashing for so many times the small link between the two large blades has come loose and will now not stay on the small hooks it is meant to hold meaning that during any flight attempt it will now come loose, the rotors will hit the loose piece and automatically crash the helicopter.

My advice is DO NOT BUY - try one of their other helicopters if you are desperate to spend money.
on 30 January 2013
This was the favourite Xmas present our 8 y/o got. He's played with it every day since. At first it was quite difficult to fly and control, but after some practise he developed the subtle touch needed. He now flies it around the room, menacing everyone and hovering over heads! Directional control is still uneven - sometimes it goes as instructed, and sometimes not. Beware, rechargeable batteries are vital. It eats normal batteries and will cost a fortune. I was expecting it to break pretty quickly, especially given the number of crashes early on, but although the blades are scarred it's holding together so far. Must confess, I quite like flying it myself when son isn't around!!!
on 2 January 2013
We were very dissapointed with this product, after only a few minutes the wheels were hanging off.............you cannot expect a boy to be able to "fly" this toy with out it at least once go crashing to the floor. He was heartbroken and so we glued it again and again..............the joy of flying it was lovely..............why make it so flimsy after all it was nearly £40. I emailed Amazon straight away and they have sorted it..........thanks amazon.
on 8 January 2013
Props were broken after 20 minutes on xmas day and a very upset little boy. very good idea but poor quality
on 26 December 2012
For the original cost of this toy, it is just not worth it. It is impossible to fly and maintain any sort of stable flight, let alone the original reason which is to fire rockets at targets. We have had helicopters in the past, so are not novices!
The lack of any sort of reverse is also a big problem, which means you are always going to pick it up and turn it around.
If this had a huge space like a sports hall then I can imagine it may actually be quite good, but as an indoor toy for general households I would avoid it and find some alternative.
My son quite likes it, but I think only because of the novelty value. I am going to try and suggest he takes it back and swaps it for something that really works.
on 31 October 2013
It is rubbish it is out of control hard to fly and don't recommend it to anyone it fires when eve it feels like and flies whenever. don't buy
on 22 November 2012
I bought this for my 7 year old son. He loves it and it is a great toy. We were aware that it would be hard to control even for an adult. We have worked out to get the Hover Assault in to the air but not how to fly it in any other direction. Unfortunately because of this it crashes to the ground and the plastic legs have split. When this happens the power cuts out and we have to turn it off and on again. Despite these slight annoyances it is a great toy and that does outweight the difficulties we have experienced flying it. I would definitely recommend this toy. I did shop around for prices - Amazon was the cheapest.
on 26 December 2013
We got this item for my son's main xmas present, following him seeing it advertised on TV. The item is exceptionally poor quality, especially considering the price. There are much better alternatives available for less that half the cost. The item was so flimsy we only just managed to remove it from the packaging,without breaking it. It was also found that the item would only work (not that it worked as expected) for 5 minutes and needed charged again The packaging obviously formed most of the cost. My son was gutted watching me package it up to return the item on boxing day. By far the worst item I've bought on Amazon....NOT RECOMMENDED !!
on 28 November 2012
I bought this as a gift for a friend thinking it would be a convenient mix between a car and a helicopter. At first it takes a bit of getting used to and it is quite fun, but flight seems quite difficult to achieve without a good run up (you do need quite a bit open space) and even then it is very erratic. The product itself is very durable in that we ran it into walls, hard landings etc and it seemed unscathed and the RC Controller pack is rechargeable - in honesty, I wish I'd just bought him an RC Helicopter.
on 19 February 2013
I bought this for my 6 year old for xmas. He already had an indoor helicopter and had learnt to use this amazingly so I thought this would be different. It looks heavier than it is - infact its so light and plasticky you dont think its going to break everytime it touches something - luckily it doesnt!The one complete downside is the use of batteries. It gulps them. As you have to charge the them off each other its a nightmare - and I have checked you cant buy a USB charger which is a shame!

See one answered question