5.0 out of 5 stars LA Law - Keep the series coming!!, 29 Mar. 2012
Mikey (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: LA Law - Season 3 [DVD] (DVD)
Between the end of January 2012 and mid September, the first three series of LA Law will have been released. The UK is the only country where any episodes have been released on DVD, and the company issuing these series has pencilled in dates for the remaining five series during the rest of 2012 and 2013.
Only last year I would never have expected LA Law to receive a DVD release and I am over the moon that this series is finally getting the release it deserves.
The third series produced in 1988/89 has 19 episodes which originally screened on ITV in the UK in 1989. Episodes in this set are
-Hey, Lick Me Over
-To Live and Diet in LA
-I'm in the Nude for Love
-Victor/Victorious
-The Plane Mutiny
-Izzy Ackerman or Is He Not?
-The Accidental Jurist
-Barstow Bound
-Leave It to Geezer
-The Unbearable Lightness of Boring
-His Suit is Hirsute
-America the Beautiful
-Urine Trouble Now
-The Unbearable Lightness of Boring

One of the guest stars on this set is Teri Hatcher (Desperate Housewives / Lois and Clark - New Adventures of Superman).
Series 4 out in February 2013.

5.0 out of 5 stars ENTERTAINING TRIALS AND TRIBULATIONS, 2 April 2014
Mr. D. L. Rees "LEE DAVID" (DORSET) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: LA Law - Season 3 [DVD] (DVD)
Another strong season, eighteen episodes this time. The characters continue interestingly to evolve. Ann and Stuart strive for a baby. Abby branches out on her own (with dramatic consequences). Rollins is tactfully steered by Victor towards overdue humility. Arnie is given more worthy, less tacky storylines; Douglas also has more substance, spared previous seasons' rather bizarre excesses. Elevated to opening credits is Larry Drake, so moving as Benny.

As ever, the series skilfully interweaves ethical issues, high drama, romance and fun. (Admittedly those geriatric bankrobbers are somewhat OTT, but there is deliciously dark humour with the dropped coffin at a funeral.)

Much provokes thought. Can the death penalty ever be justified? Why not euthanasia when no longer quality of life? What if a suspect is clearly guilty but the evidence tainted? What if an attorney is brilliant but unqualified? How far can the gutter press be allowed to go, claiming the right to free speech? What about that flamboyant television show presenter who whipped his audience into a frenzy? Can he be held responsible for the killing that followed?

Yes there is much to admire and to enjoy. A word of praise for Dann Florek as Roxanne's husband Dave. His character is a bore, people desperate to flee as he waffles on. Yet somehow skilled acting eventually evokes sympathy, never more so than when reality strikes home.

In big ways and small, the show still shines.

Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous series, 16 Sept. 2012
Mrs. N. Hughes "olliesmum" (england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LA Law - Season 3 [DVD] (DVD)
I too am delighted at the long overdue release of this show on DVD. Funny, thought provoking and intelligent legal drama - excellent! I was surprised by the comment about the pre-order dvd being 'much' cheaper at Sainsbury's - it's only 1p! As a regular Amazon shopper, I am willing to pay this excessive overcharge (!!) for their reliable delivery and excellent service.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT .., 9 May 2014
This review is from: LA Law - Season 3 [DVD] (DVD)

My husband and I are working our way through this series and enjoying a 'blast from the past'! We watch an episode last thing each night when we're home, in Screen 3 as we call it (the bedroom!!). We're now just about to start Series 5 and beginning to have moments of vaguely remember an episodes story line.

The stories and acting are brilliant and stand the test of time - although I expect that some legal aspects have changed in 30-years, but this doesn't matter as we aren't using it as research material for a law degree!

We'll move on to The Practice when we eventually exhaust this series (which my husband watched when it was originally aired, but I didn't) and so earlier nights in Screen 3 will be continuing for some time yet!!

Really recommend this series.

5.0 out of 5 stars great stuff, 25 July 2013
This review is from: LA Law - Season 3 [DVD] (DVD)
I grew up watching this series and was very happy to see it finaly come to dvd.I never thought it would

5.0 out of 5 stars Bring back LA LAW, 22 Jun. 2013
This review is from: LA Law - Season 3 [DVD] (DVD)
An amazing series so glad it has finally been released on Dvd. The show overall was excellent but in my opinion from the Exit of Michael Kuzak the show was never the same. Series 1-4 are by far the Best .

5.0 out of 5 stars It was a great show in the day but is very dated now ..., 23 July 2014
This review is from: LA Law - Season 3 [DVD] (DVD)
It was a great show in the day but is very dated now which is something you do forget. I do love the show though.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... I am grown up we watch this together it's great to, 21 April 2015
S. Williscroft "sue" (lincolnshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LA Law - Season 3 [DVD] (DVD)
My mum used to watch this when I was growing up now I am grown up we watch this together it's great to watch

5.0 out of 5 stars ... say - after all these years one can still enjoy this great Emmy series, 5 Aug. 2014
This review is from: LA Law - Season 3 [DVD] (DVD)
What can I say - after all these years one can still enjoy this great Emmy series!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 Aug. 2014
This review is from: LA Law - Season 3 [DVD] (DVD)
Love the action and drama of this show.. Very entertaining- great to have on dvd

LA Law - Season 3 [DVD]
LA Law - Season 3 [DVD] by Harry Hamlin (DVD - 2012)