on 6 January 2013
pg 7-8, scope of data model and things of interest. My problem was to get this right,beginners like us would make the mistake of including everything that comes across our minds or that the clients mentions. This leads to an over bloated ERD.Isolating 'things of interest' from the start is simple but very important.

I found the explanation of hierarchies/recursive relationships and inheritance much better explained than we were taught in class.
If you are not a pro at data modeling, then you must read this book. Some examples may look repetitive but somehow they are not, they illustrate that little concept you may have forgotten or overlooked.

Its a beginner to mid-level book, since am not a pro i cant speak for them.
on 11 December 2012
This e-book allows anyone, regardless of their background or experience to build a fully working data model from scratch, using various examples to ensure understanding. Although the e-book recommends certain programs, it is set out in a way that anyone with a pen & paper could still achieve results. A+.
on 4 March 2015
In 15 years in my database journey this is the first time I saw parent-child relationships are referred as Rabbit Ears. I googled and the only occurrence of this is the book itself. Please don't go to a meeting and say "I have created a rabbit ears relationship" Nobody would understand.
on 26 February 2013
This e-book allowed me to build a fully working data model from scratch, using various examples to ensure understanding. Although the e-book recommends certain programs, it is set out in a way that anyone with a pen & paper could still achieve results.
on 10 February 2013
Clearly written to understand, especially for new beginners who are new to Microsoft Access. It help me in creating my own database.