5.0 out of 5 stars Jay Bell does it again, 18 Mar 2012
This review is from: Kamikaze Boys (Kindle Edition)
Jay Bell is certaintly becoming one of those authors that never let you down. Yet another great book (no surprise) with well developed characters that take you on an emotional rollercoaster throughout. Bell has such a way with words that reading his work is a joy. I highly reccomend not just this book but any work by Jay Bell. You won`t regret it, trust me.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! Jay Bell has done it again...., 14 Mar 2012
G. Beach "Beachy" (South Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kamikaze Boys (Kindle Edition)
After reading Jay Bell's other romantic novel 'Something like Summer', I was eager to see what his latest novel 'Kamikaze Boys' was like. I was not disappointed.
The story re-kindled the same emotions I felt while reading 'Something Like Summer', even though they are both very different books.
I might even reread this one until his next..

Highly Recommended! Buy it! NOW! :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars intense, 20 Jun 2013
This review is from: Kamikaze Boys (Kindle Edition)
Non-stop intense read. Highly recommend. Nail biting and engrossing. Love, pain and anguish. I hope Jay Bell is writing a few more books, I wait in anticipation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Courageous and warm-hearted people face some terrifying reality, 24 May 2013
This review is from: Kamikaze Boys (Kindle Edition)
I cannot describe what this story did to me ... you must read it yourself.

Real, loving families who hurt each other while trying to do their best ... but you come away bursting with love and admiration for them in spite of it.

Jay understands and loves all these people even as he records their faults as well as their strengths. He even shows us how the bigots justify themselves or have come into being.

As you can tell, I still believe these people are real ... they will be part of my life forever more and I cannot help loving them and hoping for the best for them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid storytelling, 22 Dec 2012
This review is from: Kamikaze Boys (Kindle Edition)
Rewarding read, engaging characters, some unusual twists. Superficially covers familiar ground: gay coming of age, family and societal reaction. But stands out as cut above the norm with well constructed plot which draws you in. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun Read, 26 Oct 2012
This review is from: Kamikaze Boys (Kindle Edition)
This was a really enjoyable book as far as books go. If I hadn't read another book - a great book, by the author, perhaps I would have been less disappointed with this book. I knew that the author was capable of much better quality ( maybe this was one of his earlier books), and so I felt a bit let down. It was nevertheless a fun read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, fantastic price. Buy it!, 25 Sep 2012
This review is from: Kamikaze Boys (Kindle Edition)
I am a huge fan of Jay Bell and this is my favourite book of his. Characters are amazingly well drawn and I love Connor and David. Yes, they do stupid things and yes bad things happen to them, but I love that their relationship does not fall prey to all the possible pitfalls and misunderstandings. Also loved how David the loner grew into himself while in the hospital, making the best of his situation and teaming up with the other 'problem' teens. Can't recommend it highly enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars My first Jay Bell read, won't be my last., 31 July 2012
This review is from: Kamikaze Boys (Kindle Edition)
Thoroughly enjoyable read, I had never read Jay Bell before so was guided by previous reviews. I thought the characters were all well developed and I was carried away by the perfectly captured emotions. I felt the highs and the lows, I really felt involved. I thought Connors predicament after the altercation with Chuck was a little predictable but then there was the unexpected twist of David suffering too. A good read, I'm looking forward to more from Mr Bell.

Kamikaze Boys