5.0 out of 5 stars Who needs Dre Beats?!
It seems these days that in order to sell a pair of headphones you need to stick a musician's name on the product in order to get it on the shelves; more detail is put into the name than the actual product. Gaga, Dr Dre etc. certainly have some lovely looking headphones, but are they actually worth the extortionate retail price? (that was rhetorical!)

I...
Published on 17 May 2012 by Dom

2.0 out of 5 stars Not a good experience
On paper, the tech specs of these headphones seem virtually the same as the excellent Sony MDR-V55 DJ Stereo Headphones - Black Sony MDR-V55 DJ Stereo Headphones - Black but in practise, inexplicably, these feel and perform like a poor relation.

I don't know if I got a rogue unit but the range and tone simply don't compare and it's not just the sound that's...
Published on 16 July 2012 by b4-its-2-l8

5.0 out of 5 stars Who needs Dre Beats?!, 17 May 2012

I initially purchased a pair the ZX300's and was very pleased with the quality, both in terms of audio and appearance; so naturally I picked up the ZX600 model with high expectations - i was not disappointed.

The ZX600's have a premium quality build and style and are incredibly comfortable; fitting like a glove with their adjustable over-head headband with a variety of colours to suit your taste. The flattened cables are an awesome touch since they never get tangled when sitting in my bag unlike previous headphones I've purchased.

Right, the sound; ultimately that's what we want out of our headphones right? Imagine a £300 pair of audio beats for £60 but with just as good quality and ACTUAL noise reduction. Here they are! I can happily play music on my Iphone at full volume on the tube and not have a single person batter an eyelid. Ironically i was playing some Dr DRE on my ZX600's yesterday.
The crisp mid-tones and the punchy bass it produces is spot on for what is essentially an "out and about" model and is ideal for any genre of music.

So, my summary? Sleek, stylish, comfortable, great sound and affordable. Well done Sony!

5.0 out of 5 stars For Your Ears Only, 3 July 2012
The Wolf (uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the first pair of over-ear headphones I have owned and by
all accounts I am converted. The Sony MDR-ZX600 set is a classy
piece of kit. They are well-constructed and stylish, surprisingly
comfortable and deliver exceptionally good sonic quality for their
price. I've put them through their paces both on my home system
(an old-but-trusty Grundig assemblage - remember Grundig?!) and my
iPod and have been delighted with their management of a wide range of
musical genres. The sound is full and warm and particularly impressive
in the bass department. What has pleased me most, however, is that my
fellow train passengers have not had to put up the kind of highly
irritating "leakage" which spills out of every orifice of many other
inferior models, both in-and-over-ear, currently blighting tubes and
buses and waiting rooms and just about every other communal space
across the globe. The music stays in your ears only - where it belongs!

The basic black and aluminium retro design is aesthetically pleasing and
the ear-pieces swivel to fold flat for tidy transportation; a nice touch.

Far more expensive and higher spec products exist but I am very happy with these.

Highly Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony MDRZX600 - BUY THESE HEADPHONES, 2 May 2012
With the purchase of these headphones I have now reached headphone heaven.

I have my Beats Studio headphones for when I'm getting zonal on Logic, my iphone headphones for when I want to use my phone hands free and finally I have the Sony MDRZX600s for when I want to do ANYTHING.

I spend 40 minutes a day walking to and from work which has meant that I had to find a lightweight and durable pair of headphones that doesn't compromise on quality or break the bank. At £50 these are the deal of the century. They are massively comfortable (like socks for ears) and the quality and clarity of sound that comes out of these bad boys is creeping into the realms of my Beats studios. Whether you're into Englebert Humperdink, Elbow or Eminem you will not be disappointed with how beautiful they sound. And don't be afraid to whack the volume right up, there isn't a pinch of distortion when they are at maximum volume.

The added bonus is that you don't look like an extra from the Starship Enterprise when you wear them.

BUY. THESE. HEADPHONES.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well done Sony, quality in every way, 26 Jun 2012
Rob S "Rob S" (Conwy, North Wales) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I wanted a pair of headphone for my 8 year old boy, he is about to take his Piano exam and practices a lot which I don't mind as he does enjoys it, but his electric piano is right by where I sit, listening to the same three pieces of music can become tiresome, I thought I know I'll get him a nice pair of headphones, hence the Sony's.

I wanted a pair that felt comfortable for him, at 8 I didn't want him shoving any in-ear headphones in to his young ears or a tight fitting pair of headphones which would put him off the Piano.

The Sony's were perfect, the sit nicely on his head and they look the part, which even to an 8 year old appears to be important, a friend of his has some Skullcandy which are meant to be sick (what ever that means)

I was quiet amazed at how good they sounded, the Piano is a Yamaha model (not the most expensive) which has built in speakers, its always sounded okay but the headphone made it sound a lot better, his Vampire blues sounded amazing, high notes were crisp, bass was defined without thumping.

When he went to to bed I hooked them up to my Marantz CD and they really are excellent, I listened to a live recorded album and heard things that my speakers don't pick up, astonishing for a pair of headphones that cost less than £50.

I have a pair of Monster headphones which I always thought were over priced but the sound was very good, the Sony's are better in my opinion, the sound was just more natural, the Live album felt like a live show rather than a CD.

Think I may just have to pinch them back of my son, his exam is a week times hopefully he wont want to practice as much.
Well done Sony, quality in every way

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection, 3 Oct 2012
I have a pair of Beats Studio HD headphones. I have a pair of Sennheiser HD 205's. I have a pair of Sennheiser Adidas HD 220's. I have a pair of Sony MDR XB300 and a pair of Sony MDRZX300R.

Why so many pairs? Well, they all have their different uses and applications from the house stereos to my laptops to my phones to my MP3 player. And I have been looking for the perfect pair of headphones for about 3 years. The search is over....

The headphones to rule them all is the Sony MDRZX600. They sound better than my Beats audio and that takes some beating. The tonal range is just outstanding. The bass is deep. The midrange is clear and there and the treble is just sweet. Absolutely perfect. I tried them out at home and couldn't take them off for three hours whilst I put them through their paces with everything from Jesse J. Bjork, Tulisa, The Ink Spots (Shawshank Redemption), Calvin Harris, Hayley Westenra and Whitney Houston. All delivered perfectly to my ears.

I'll be buying another pair to keep for when my original ones wear out. I don't think Sony will be able to beat these headphones in the future...

5.0 out of 5 stars Sony headphones - Best buy in ages, 14 Jun 2013
I looked around for a reasonable set of headphones under £50 and wasn't expecting to find much, given the Beats ones are all over £100. When I saw the white Sony MDRZX600's, I fell in love and what you get for the price is amazing. The sound is great, they are uber comfortable, light and look so slick. Noise cancellation is great, well considering this is my first set, I have nothing to compare them to, but they are great in my opinion. Music sounds wholly different to earphones, the cable is light and flat, so no tangling and long enough so you can put it in any bag.

When you take them off, you can hear what's playing, but cup your hand over the earpiece and you can tell that there is hardly any of that leaking that you get with earphones.

Would I recommend them? Well, I spent most of yesterday telling people at work passing my desk to have a listen to something decent through these guys and two people have already ordered a pair. If you've looked at this item and come back to it after looking around, BUY it. It is the best value for money item I have bought in years.

5.0 out of 5 stars If this is what heaven sounds like, 12 Jun 2012
Carl (England, UK) - See all my reviews
Stylish, lightweight and comfortable, these headphones are the perfect size even for people with small heads like myself. I wear these at the lowest point and they fit perfect. Used mainly for my for iPod and laptop, I can wear these for hours without any discomfort, even when wearing glasses. I hardly notice they are on sometimes.
I certainly like the cabling on these as it is completely flat which means it doesn't tangle.
As for sound quality you won't find much better at this price. I listen to mostly Trance music but these sound great with anything I have thrown at it. They produce a good amount of bass, not too much, not too little. I haven't had any distortion even at full volume.
I don't own many headphones but I would say these are on par with my JVC RX900, if not better.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Headphones I've heard for £30, 25 Feb 2014
I've had these headphones for several months now and they have quickly become my favourite pair. I've listened to quite a few other sets of cheap, and quite a few not so cheap, headphones. In this price range I've heard nothing to compare with them.

They are certainly far superior to the cheaper Sony model, the MDRZX100, and also to the cheapest Sennheiser, the HD201s. I rate them slightly better than my old Sennheiser PX200s.

I mostly listen to classical music. The frequency response is excellent for the music I enjoy. Trebles are sharp without being piercing and there is just enough bass to make itself felt without being overpowering.

As others have pointed out, the no-tangle cable is handy. If I had one little complaint, it is that these on-ear headphones can feel a little tight after prolonged use. Then again, that's probably what makes their noise isolation so effective.

Having been through the experience of trying to find a cheap set of good quality headphones, the one piece of advice I would give to anyone, is not to buy on the basis of other people's opinions, even mine! Headphone preferences are highly subjective and a very personal choice. There are quite a few high street shops where you can hear headphones side by side. Go in and try them out, especially if you intend to spend a lot.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better Then Beats By Dre, 16 Jun 2013
Design: These are really nice looking headphones. It is stylish in a subtle way. I like the looks of them more Beats. However the padding on the top is really thin and is prone to wear.

Sound quality: Right out of the box, I was disappointed. But after a bit of burn in, I was surprised at how these sound. These are way better sounding then my Beats Solo HDs. Every thing is well balanced, and the balance can be changed a lot through a equalizer. These are simply amazing sounding especially for the price.

Conclusion: Simply amazing sounding and looking especially for the price. Get these instead of Beats Solo HDs

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful sound, 6 Feb 2013
J. Collis (uk) - See all my reviews
Brilliant sound, comfortable to wear, a lot better at blocking outside noise than some so called noise cancelling headphones, and they look great.