5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 24 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Canon i-Sensys LBP6670dn A4 Mono Printer (Accessory)
I am very pleased with the product. Excellent quality in this price range and definitely suitable for any small to medium business. If this is used as a workgroup printer, the LCD display is useful, showing whose print job is in progress. The printer is a bit larger than it looks, but for me this adds to its appeal; it looks like a quality, substantial product and lives up to this in more than just appearances. The way the parts of the machine open-up is more the feel of a business rather than consumer product. It's not quite the build quality of the highest end products, but it's definitely above average (for the price).

I already have a large Canon colour multifunctional and wanted something a bit faster and cheaper to run for monotone printing. The speed of the printer is phenominal for the money, nothing comes close at 33ppm, it's noticeably faster than a 20ppm printer. The Toner saver mode is useful, but compared to other printers, seems to save a bit too much toner on this setting as looks like it's running out of toner (but I guess that's the compromise). I set up the printer twice, one with toner save and one without, so I can choose the print output quality easily.

I've used similar Samsung products before and for the same money they're slower and less reliable than Canon (and although I can't rate the reliability of this product yet), I've never had issues with other Canon printers I've purchased in the past which I think live up to the standards of HP without the price tag.

Installation of the product was not easy. Possibly for some people (depending on your configuration) may be easier than it was for me. I have previously worked in IT for a large corporation and built PCs myself and even with my knowledge, took several hours to get it working on a home network (as I couldn't get it to be recognised as a USB printer). This was no fault of the printer, more a quirk as Canon printers are sometimes known for this issue. I installed by disabling windows firewall and manually configuring the network settings using the tool available on the installation disc (not part of the install process). So far, I've not been able to install on a Mac, but there are instructions to be able to do this online, so it's possible. I think most people who purchase a printer like this will have some knowledge on installation, otherwise help from a friend might be required.

Print quality is also excellent, not noticeably different than a similarly priced Samsung printer (in my experience) but the speed advantage and overall quality sets them apart. This machine also has a very useful duplex feature, although typical in the price range.

Overall I'm extremely pleased with this product (and to be honest I don't usually get particularly excited by printers!!) Service from NAD who supplied was excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Printer, Value For Money and Features, 14 Aug. 2014
Pete (Berkhamsted, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Canon i-Sensys LBP6670dn A4 Mono Printer (Accessory)
A superb 'little' printer. My small business has been fighting with printers for some time. Inkjets are cheap and cheerful, trying to find a business printer that handled a good stationery range was proving problematic. I researched and took a leap with the Canon. Wow! There are several things to note about the Canon. Note this all refers to a Windows environment.

Setting it up on your computer is a pain. I couldn't get the automated setup to work at all. In the end I set it up manually via both USB and Ethernet (network) which was successful. If you aren't used to setting up printers on computer networks it could be problematic for you. Plug and play it is not.

Once connected and running it is fast. Very fast. Even from power on it is just a few seconds to print. There is very little delay in printing either over USB or the Network. I run tasks where I have multiple print jobs of two or three pages and the printer is always waiting for me to run them faster, not the other way around. Running a large print job (several hundred pages) just rattles through.

Versatility - there isn't as much information about the printer as you'd like out there so I thought I would outline what it can do. It has two paper feeds - a tray at the bottom that can take any size paper you like, with an indicator level to see the paper reserve. In addition is the manual feed at the front. The front of the printer opens to reveal a fully adjustable manual feed hopper that takes everything up to A4/Legal. So it does C6 and C5 envelopes with ease, and a handful at a time, not just singles. DL envelopes – the lot. This was what made it important for us – a printer that handled C5 and C6 envelopes and heavier grade 120gsm letterhead.

Paper selection is fully configurable. It can prioritise the bottom tray or the manual feeder. Take from one if the other is empty, or wait. It can be set on both the printer and the driver. It start again automatically when you refill an empty tray, you don't have to tell it to go.

What else do you need to know? Third party toner makes it really cheap to run. It is fully configurable for sleep timers, wake up timers, stand-by modes, automatic or selectable 2-sided printing, quiet enough to have printing on a desk next to you even when you are talking on the phone. That pretty much sums it up I think. As you may be able to tell, I'm a fan. Oh yes, there is an optional 500 page paper tray you can add to the bottom of the unit as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars quick and cost effective, 27 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Canon i-Sensys LBP6670dn A4 Mono Printer (Accessory)
Prints very well and quickly. Using in a small office.
Previously had LBP6650 for 3 year which worked well.

Cost of running V.G if you use the High Capacity cartridges