4.0 out of 5 stars Great little netbook if you use SD card and reduce unnnecessary memmory ussage
BE AWARE YOU CANNOT EXPAND THE 1GB RAM ON THIS MODEL....but can work around this.

I read allot of reviews and compared allot of the other netbooks and found that this overall was the best one, certainly for the price and the fact that it was a LED screen and could play HD content. One thing I noticed was that there was allot of criticism and bad reviews about...
Published 12 months ago by Mr. P. Hoang

1.0 out of 5 stars So slow!
We sent this back, it was so slow it would have made us crazy. Only good point was that it was really quiet without usual fan noise.
Published 10 months ago by Susan Paget

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST KEPT ASUS SECRET, 29 April 2013
I was a little dubious about this netbook, with only one gb of RAM and no upgrade availabe I had almost dicounted it as suitable for my needs.
Then I read a review by a student who said that by dedicating an SDHC 8GB card to a function called "ReadyBoost" you could increase the RAM availability up to 4-5 GB of RAM.
Well, it wasn't as easy as she made it sound but I got there..... and now have a netbook equal to others who've paid twice , three times what I did ! I forsee that once this 'anomily' becomes common knowledge, these babies are gonna fly of the shelves. My advice ? DON''T MISS OUT.
This is the best value for money this side of Jupiter !
Ps. See the student write up after the prod descrip on the website.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good little machine, 22 Mar 2013
S. Williams (Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Asus Eee PC X101CH 10.1 inch Netbook - Black (Intel Atom N2600 1.6GHz, 1GB RAM, 320GB HDD, LAN, WLAN, Webcam, Windows 7 Starter) (Personal Computers)
I have had this machine a couple of weeks and I am very pleased with it. It has a nice quality feel to it and the keyboard compares favourably with my previous machine. It charges relatively fast and does give the whole 3 hours plus of work time, with excellent length of standby and nice fast start up from standby

It was very easy to set to work and comes with pre-installed WIndows 2010 Word and Excel (limited edition). This is fine for opening, reviewing and editing documents or spread sheets as long as you keep it to the main functions. Most of my work involves getting documents from e-mail or memory stick to work on and it is excellent for this.

I recently took it on a trip and managed to keep in touch wiht the office and work on documents remotely. It was also more than adequate for i-player watching in the airport - with decent graphics and sound.

This is a net-book and great for what I need on the move dealing with messages and documents away from the office. It is not a lap top or desk top and it would not keep up with Games or media manipulation - but as I am above the age of thirty neither of these short-comings makes the slightest bit of difference.

Delivery was free and very prompt (ordered on a Friday and delivered on a Monday.

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Poor, 23 July 2012
I bought this after my old ACER Aspire One bit the dust after four years of good service. The poor reviews of the new Aspire One swayed me to look elsewhere and to eventually land on the ASUS Eee PC, which had some pretty positive ratings.

Unfortunately, the actual machine doesn't live up to the hype. The main problems are:

(1) Speed - very slow, gets confused easily and crashes constantly whilst surfing the net.
(2) The keyboard's not very sensitive. You really have to hammer the keys.
(3) The Touchpad's very temperamental.
(4) The computer only comes with a Windows 7 Starter Pack, which is pretty restrictive. You can't even change your desktop wallpaper unless you pay an extra 40 to upgrade to the full version.

Overall, a pretty poor machine. I've resorted to checking my emails on a 40 Nokia mobile phone because it's quicker and involves less swearing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a laptop!, 6 Feb 2013
I have the netbook, I have a laptop with 4x the specs. I am running Gimp, Windows 8, iTunes, Rocketdock, Microsoft Office, Home and Student, and other programs. It's not as fast as my laptop, but I don't ask it to be. It's a device that funtions as a basic writing / web computer, and that's what I use it for. I don't use it for more than 6 hours a day, I don't game on it, I don't load it with software, and I make sure it's clean. It's very light and portable, looks good, and is easy to turn it into a super cute fashion statement. (Pink and White reccomended.)

It's not all that fast, but that's because of the low RAM. If you want to make it faster, don't overload it with stuff you don't need. I have had problems installing Microsoft products innitially, but after a few days of tweaking, it's near perfect for what I use it for.

I've owned a cheap netbook before, and that one is still running, only my mother now owns it, and I can only hope that this one will last as long.

The keyboard is easy to clean, though I don't suggest eating near it. I bought a Disaster Designs bag to carry it in, and it fits, despite the 13" laptop case, making the ultra slim, lightweight netbook easy to store. You don't need a 'laptop' bag, since it's only 1KG. My other laptop is now a family laptop because it is too heavy to carry around (4KG).

I strongly suggest that you upgrade to Windows 7 or 8. (7 is better. I got 8 pro for 25, on offer, rather than 7, simply for the price.)

If you get this netbook, use it for what it is, not as a mini laptop. Compared to my old LG netbook, it's brilliant!

I'm trying to be a social writer, so visits to cafe's are important for that! I feel stylish as I play with my new 'toy'. Perhaps the item is style over substance, but it DOES WORK! The negative reviews put me off for ages, but eventually, I got it for my 21st, and I must say, after a stressful few days configuing it, I'm one happy bunny!

(If, like me, you automatically pick out spelling errors, please excuse any wrongdoings in this review as I am have written this via moblie phone.)

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT NETBOOK, 21 Dec 2013
IF YOU NEED A SIMPLE NO FRILLS MACHINE FOR E-MAILING AND WEB SURFING THIS IS IDEAL .SEEMS WELL MADE AND OF GOOD APPEARANCE FOR THE PRICE.

1.0 out of 5 stars A nice toy with non-upgradeable 1GB RAM, useless for Windows, 13 Dec 2013
Overall specifications are great (light, silent, etc.) but the 1Gb RAM is soldered in place and cannot be upgraded. Whoever thought you could run Windows 7 or 8 properly with 1Gb of Ram needs retraining. OK if you have time to wait for loading or just tolerable if you want to use only one application at a time - which defeats the purpose of Windows! A waste of money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Asus, 30 Aug 2013
this was a replacement for my daughter and wouldn't by here another expensive one. but found this a excellent little notebook and would buy one again. delivery was outstanding and fast. Had to send this back to Asus as the hard drive packed up after 3 mths. must say that Asus fixed it with no problem and all free of charge so excellent customer service from Asus themselves

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job!, 22 Aug 2013
Bought this as a second computer so I could sit in my conservatory instead of using my desktop. It's a great little product especially for the price. Delivery was a bit of a problem at first though, I received an email saying it was being delivered the following day (which would have been very quick) but it didn't arrive. However, it got sorted and arrived soon afterwards. I was emailed to say it was on it's way and was able to track it's progress. It arrived at my door almost to the minute it was scheduled - quite impressive.

1.0 out of 5 stars Asus X101CH, 18 July 2013
I purchased a X101CH in May 2012. My idea being that I needed a small machine, for presentations, powerpoint etc.

From the word "go", I had problems, the machine is very, very slow for it's specification, my five year old Toshiba is alot faster, than this machine!.

The major fault is that the X101CH locks up every 10 minutes or so for two minutes, along with a loud buzzing noise. I have tried installing numerous operating systems, but still the problem persists. Also there was a "1080p" sticker on the machine when purchased, the graphics resolution does not go that high!!!.

Another problem I noticed is that the USB connections can only be used one at a time as there is not enough power to use two USB devices at the same time.

The PSU failed within a week of purchase.

Asus are being "awkward" to say the least, my research shows that this, the machine locking up, is a common fault.

I will not buy any ASUS product again as both the product and customer service are of poor quality.

1.0 out of 5 stars So slow is unusable!, 14 July 2013
Brought this for my daugther to introdcure here to computers.
Installed some basic office apps but nothing too resource hungry.
However, even internet browsing it slow and virtually impossible.
Try opening 2 or more programs at once and the whole machine grinds to a halt.
And as you cannot upgrade the RAM, thats it - your stuck!
ASUS customer service is terrible as is this machine.

Sure, if you buy cheap you expect cheap but this is just ridiculous!

Take my advice - avoid this machine and anything ASUS - it's just not worth it.
Go for a better brand with good customer service and a machine with a decent spec that can be upgraded.

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›