4.0 out of 5 stars GARBAGE - NOT YOUR KIND OF PEOPLE
It's been seven years since Garbage released their last studio album 2005's "Bleed Like Me", in that same year the band ended a world tour abruptly that saw the band cancel the end of their tour and go on an indefinite hiatus, it seemed the band had reached the end of the road as they were sick of record label interference, life on the road and sick of the sight of each...
Published on 14 May 2012 by nin/ja77

3.0 out of 5 stars A solid album let down by sound quality.
I've always been a fan of the band and remember being blown away by how good their debut was in the mid-nineties, so I was really excited to hear that they were returning after seven years away.

This album offers some of their best songs to date, with Control, Sugar and Battle In Me being particular highlights. Like with many albums there are some that'll have...
Published on 8 Sep 2012 by Ross

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 18 May 2012
I almost made the ultimate mistake of writing a review right after downloading this and listening to the whole album with a pair of cheap earphones.. At first I wasn't impressed with the whole sound but the next morning I plugged my MP3 player on to some speakers.. turned up the volume.. and I just couldn't get enough of this album! So the next thing I did was immediately booked my concert tickets to watch them this July. I'm kicking myself for judging this album too quickly as I absolutely love the tracks.. the ones I listen to over and over again are Blood for Poppies, Control and I Hate Love. Their style has slightly changed but you do get hints of melodies from their previous songs. And the lyrics are just.. poetry! Which in my opinion is something that lacking in today's music. Obviously nothing beats the first or second album but I think every Garbage fan (and anyone who appreciates good music) should definitely get this.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 18 Sep 2014
SMG (México, DF Mexico) - See all my reviews
A bit more like the old Garbage.

4.0 out of 5 stars A staged review, 13 Aug 2013
M. J. Bryan "M J Bryan" (Doveridge, UK) - See all my reviews
First listen/First impressions
I saw some tepid reviews of this album. On first listen I am pleased with my purchase, certainly better than their last album which bordered on pop pap. The negatives the first track Automatic System Habit (what a bizarre choice to open with as it is one of the weakest tracks on the album along with Bright Tonight). The production (not just sound quality) seems to be on one level, it would have been more pleasing to have the pace vary through out the album. Saying all of this I enjoyed it pretty much first off.

4.0 out of 5 stars About time too, 27 Dec 2012
This review is from: Not Your Kind Of People (Audio CD)
We have been waiting for a new Garbage album for ages and this is better than OK but maybe not up to previous albums. Great to hear some new material though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Maybe not their best, but still a good album, 10 Dec 2012
This is a mixed album, some songs remind me of their early stuff, some of their later (and in my opinion better) ones. Having the early-style tracks disappointed me at first (they were the first ones I heard on this album), then the title track kicked off and I was sold.

If you like any of their previous albums, chances are there's something here you'll like too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 19 Aug 2014
very good

1.0 out of 5 stars Fans Beware Awful Mastering ruining & distorting the excellent music, 17 May 2012
I Love every song on the new album and it would get 5 stars for the music ,but I an afraid either I got a bad cd (Deluxe version)and quality control on production line is off or it is the Bad mastering that has destroyed what was my most anticipated album of 2012. Mastering was done by one Emily Lazar at The Lodge, NYC. A studio renowned' for bad mastering. She compresses EVERYTHING on this record. Every damn little thing. She's degraded it to a swampy, headache-inducing fuzzy mess. A fantastic album that I really wanted to enjoy listening to but the sound for me is totally distorted, RUINED! AGAIN!,even utube clips of the band live are better sounding than this mess.......Garbage really need to take control on what is released to their loyal Darkling fans ,I wonder who is responsible for overseeing the mastering ? I mean the whole band apart from Shirley are producers and Butch Vig a Grammy winning one at that too with Nevermind and Foo Fighters.I wonder if Shirley's husband Billy Bush the sound engineer got anything to do with it....I must say I tested the cd on various top quality hi fi and car cd players and am so not impressed

4.0 out of 5 stars My Dirty Little Secret (Its' the lyrics to one of the songs!), 21 May 2012
Garbage are a strange old band, because Butch Vig was a successful record producer, they have never really been taken seriously. It may also have to do with the fact Garbage have never been part of any musically movement, but I like them.
Their new record harks back to their early music, indie rock with dancey bits & quirky sound effects. They have also created their own style, which is quite a commendable thing.
I given a initial 4 stars, it may change after I've live with the album for a while.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful remastering on the actual cd, 18 May 2012
This review is from: Not Your Kind Of People (Audio CD)
I really wish my deluxe cd sounded as smooth and nice to listen too as their mini films ,the actual cd is a headache inducing noise ,,the final mastering is total rubbish and ruined all the music on what promised to be my favorite cd release of 2012, why dont Garbage sort what they are selling' to their fans out ,all 4 previous cds are nice to listen too , NYKP is disgusting and you theyshould be ashamed of the final sound quality the remastering people have left us to suffer

Not Your Kind Of People
Not Your Kind Of People by Garbage (Audio CD - 2012)