5.0 out of 5 stars WONDERFUL, 16 Aug 2012
L. Sims "Linda" (The south) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Double Down (Vegas Top Guns) (Kindle Edition)
What can I say about this that will do it justice. If you like an all out sexy six foot two handsome fighter pilot who is strong knows what he wants and how to get it, but has a soft vulnerable side. Then a heroine who is a cute redhead willing to fulfill the major's fantasies, as well as her own. Then this is for you.

Loved this book great story with wonderful characters, hot and sexy love scenes that are perfectly wrtten, I felt every page! The romance between the two is built slowly. Ryan has been hurt in the past, and the lingering aftershocks of that are still with him. Cassandra has just finished with her cheating ex-boyfriend, and isn't really looking for love but Ryan works his way under her skin.
A highly recommended read. Hot sexy and full of passion.

5.0 out of 5 stars This one caused me to nudge my husband awake..., 14 Aug 2012
S. Richards (Deep South) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Double Down (Vegas Top Guns) (Kindle Edition)
Living in an Air Force town, I know exactly how hot a man in a flight suit can be, and this hero was no exception. I loved Ryan. I mean, who doesn't love a fighter pilot, a war hero, that charming, all-American, handsome Southern gentleman? Ryan is all that, but what makes him even more sexy to me is that darker, kinkier side to him. And I have to confess that his kink is my kind of kink. If you in any way love some good, hot roleplaying action, you will love this hero and this book. I don't think the cover adequately conveys just how freaking hot this romance is.

From the get-go, when Ryan meets Cass, the heat level is off the charts. All that sexual tension, as each of them is feeling the other out, expands to one of the sexiest, most erotic scenes I've read in a while. Their first time together is some scorching hot sex in public, in a dressing room of all places, and this scene is wild and gritty, urgent and lusty, just like all the other sex scenes to follow in the book. These two get down to business, including the biting and scratching kind of sex, the kind that makes you grab hold of the wall or the headboard. The kind of sex that includes dressing up and playacting, and that turned the heat up to the max for me.

Everything these two did in this book spoke to my own kinky soul, and I loved it. Ryan thinks his kink is sick, not normal and something to be hidden and denied, but when he meets Cass working at this expensive restaurant and wearing a tight skirt and seamed stockings, looking very much like the sexy librarian, she brings up all these deep-seated and long-denied desires in Ryan. He thought Cass was sexy already, but the sexy stockings put a cherry on it, making her his fantasy come true. Later, we see Cass play some Goth girl, French maid, and naughty school girl. The action was incredible, and the authors delivered it all in such an extremely erotic way, just very well-written and layered with need and want and emotion.

So we have Ryan, this good-looking, upstanding, all-American kind of guy, just really sweet and strong, suddenly meeting his sexual match in Cass, who loves this roleplaying and how it liberates her and lets her be as bold and sexual as she wants. Cass is happy with how this is all going, but the problem is Ryan not admitting his need for it and with letting Cass instigate the scenes. He can't resist her and the games/scenes she comes up with. And the last scene, the naughty school girl and professor game, causes them both to confront what's not being said in this relationship. That scene was totally hot, the dirty talk, Ryan losing control, the slightly rough sex, the dirty talk, I was in that scene completely, all the way. Super hot.

I don't want you to think it's only about the sex here. True, there is plenty of it, but it's very well done, and it's the type of eroticism to melt you and make you wake your husband, or reach for BOB. But there is also a true romance here, and it didn't feel rushed or half-done. From that first time with Ryan and Cass together, I really felt the connection between them, wanting and ready for them to take it to something beyond only a weekend. Cass is a likeable character, very strong, searching for her way in life, for her independence in many ways, and Ryan helps her with that, but it's Cass who helps Ryan learn to be himself, his true self, with the woman he loves and the woman he trusts.

Ryan was irresistible to me, so strong but vulnerable, so sexy but sweet, and I'd play any game he wanted to play. I loved Ryan so much that I want to read him again. He's definitely on my keeper shelf now, and I am for sure reading the next book in this series. Double Down is hot, very hot, and if you love an incredibly erotic roleplaying scene, then try this book. It's a super hot but also sweet erotic romance exploring some delicious kink, and I loved every minute of it. And if this is how the authors start a series, I can't wait to see where they take me next.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, hot with a great storyline!, 8 Mar 2013
This review is from: Double Down (Vegas Top Guns) (Kindle Edition)
I was expecting a nice romantic story when I read the description of this book, while I did get that, boy did I get a whole lot more! This story is hot! Ryan is a fighter pilot and Cassandra is a waitress with an art degree who works part time at an art gallery. He sees her in some stockings with the seems up the back and it just sets him on fire and that fire is not extinguished easily. Turns out that Ryan has some issues from his past that gets him hung up that he should not have these kinds of fantasies which becomes an internal struggle for him that eventually explodes.

I was immediately sucked into this book from the start, I stayed awake until almost 2am, when I couldn't hold my eyes open another second, because I couldn't wait to see what was going to happen next. It was well written and was so pleased that I didn't see any typos. I loved the main and supporting characters and can't wait to read the rest of this series along with other works by this author (who happens to be 2 people). I was given a copy of this book in order to review it and I will be buying the rest of the series. Definitely recommended!

Double Down (Vegas Top Guns)