4.0 out of 5 stars Very good for the price
Published on 17 Mar 2012 by ChrisJ

3.0 out of 5 stars Reselling iPad 2 cases as New iPad
Had a little trouble getting my new case to fit my new iPad. The label on the case packaging said for iPad 2.. The new iPad is thicker than the new iPad so it was a tight fit. Am a little disapointed that this was sold as an iPad 3 (or New iPad) case when it clearly isn't.
Published on 31 Mar 2012 by Luke

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good for the price, 17 Mar 2012
This review is from: iTALKonline ProGel CLEAR TRANSPARENT Back Cover Tough TPU Case / Skin for Apple iPad 2 2nd generation Apple iPad 3 The N
Having just received my 3rd generation iPad and SmartCover I was looking for a simple, lightweight case to protect the back of the iPad from scuffs and scratches while using it around the house. I didn't want anything too big or bulky or which would obscure too much of the iPad's lovely design and I also wanted something that would work with the Apple SmartCover. I saw this item and it seemed like it would do the trick. I was a bit concerned at the very low price and the lack of reviews but given the price i though I would chance it. A decision well made I think. The case is very light and pretty translucent and the slightly textured finish adds a little more 'grip' to the iPad than the silky aluminium finish of the iPad itself. It mostly works very well with the SmartCover; due to the slight increase in thickness of the iPad when the case is fitted it stands a little more 'vertically' when propped in that orientation but nothing to be concerned about. My one (minor) criticism is that the lip around the edge of the case, which overlaps slightly onto the front of the iPad and basically holds the case in place, is quite flexible (I guess it has to be) and so if you pick the iPad up buy the edge the lip flexes and you could find the iPad slipping out of your hand. As long as you are aware of this it is not a problem and I can't see how a case like this could be much improved in that area but that's the reason it only gets 4 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money, 20 Mar 2012
I had serious doubts before ordering this case for my "new iPad" a.k.a. iPad 3 a.k.a. iPad HD, as I absolutely hate the way silicon feels at touch and was told that TPU was pretty much a fancy kind of silicon ; I nevertheless ordered it as it was not a huge risk given the price tag.
I do not regret this at all ! The material does not feel like silicon at all, but rather like a flexible kind of plastic ; it does feel very good at touch, and looks good too. And for those of you who tend to have oily hands like I do, it does not retain oily marks/smudges like 100%-plastic cases do.

The fit is very snuggly while not being so tight as to damage the iPad's frame ; can't fault it on this point.

Regarding the compatibility with Apple's official Smart Cover ; it is indeed fully compatible with it. There is one downside though; the Smart Cover does not completely touch the screen when the back cover is on, which can result in a. the Smart Cover not "cleaning" the iPad screen as well and b. the Smart Cover not sticking to the iPad screen all that well when the device is upside down. If you fully rely on the Smart Cover for those functions, beware.

Overall a great product for a great price tag ; very satisfied. Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 19 Mar 2012
Gadget Girl (Wild West Country) - See all my reviews
This arrived two days after ordering, on the same day as my iPad 3rd Gen. Tricky to get on but once on, perfect.

Cancels out the slippyness of the gorgeous back of the iPad without the stickyness of silicone and also, as promised works fine with the genuine iPad cover.

No complaints at all - might even order a red one to ring the changes from time to time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 1 April 2012
Simon Pike - See all my reviews
Very good value for money, fits well with apple smart cover to give near 100% product coverage, great to avoid scratches but little to none in the drop protection area! Bottom line if you have an iPad 3 you need one of these

5.0 out of 5 stars Protection at a affordable price, 31 Mar 2012
I wanted to protect my new iPad with an attached smart cover. Lots of options depending on your budget. I settled for this one and very happy. Quality is really good, much better than expected for the price. It took a little more time to fit as I also use a media devil protector. I would buy another if I ever needed one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Reselling iPad 2 cases as New iPad, 31 Mar 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, great price., 24 Dec 2012
I had an Apple Smartcover and wanted something to protect the back of the iPad. This fits neatly and is nicely streamlined, and the material is lightweight but tough enough to give proper protection. We are using an Apple Smartcase on another iPad, which is perhaps a little sturdier, but it feels a lot bulkier in comparison to my Smartcover/back case combination. The Smartcase is also quite a lot more expensive, and the cover does not detach from the back. If you have a choice, I'd go for the Smartcover/back case combination, and the price of this back cover is very reasonable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works on the 'new iPad', 21 Mar 2012
I am really impressed with this ProGel clear case, it fits around my new iPad very nicely..
securing the iPad into position.. protecting the back and still keeping a simple and stylish appearance..
I felt the image that is being shown on Amazon showcases a smart cover that comes with it, that isn't the case, you would need to buy one of those seperatly.

You really can't go wrong with this simple but effective clear back case. A rather cheap price for a rather nice product!

1.0 out of 5 stars be careful, 19 Jan 2014
Item despatched not as in picture. Only comes with back cover. No screen cover. Have requested return. No response yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars great cover, 3 Sep 2013
Stuart Bennett "Stuart" (Hertfordshire) - See all my reviews
bought this cover for my ipad and it does a very good job protecting my ipad from damage.and great value too.

ARRAY(0xb46d6e04)