5.0 out of 5 stars Great present
If your partner loves reading, and mine does, then you can't fail with the gift of hours of reading of her own choice, especially since she can choose from a variety of cut-price deals all the time!
Published 15 months ago by Prof. Lachlan M. MacKinnon

1.0 out of 5 stars Card Received already used
Bought Card for Birthday present, recipient tried to make purchase on Amazon, but gift card would not complete transaction.
Contacted Amazon who stated card already used. A clear case of fraud as neither myself or the recipient has used it.
Currently going through Dispute and contacting the Police and credit card company, Amazon reply with do you know the...
Published 21 months ago by Yak

‹ Previous | 1 2 365 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Caveat emptor!, 3 April 2013
Not an experience I will repeat - looked very nice in box however when recipient came to use the card he discovered it had already been cashed. I contacted help desk immediately only to be told the card was cashed in the same day it was dispatched however it COULDN'T have been Amazon's doing?!?..... and yet I didn't receive the card in the post until 2 days later.
After protracted telephone calls, no result when asking to speak to a manager of the section, and emails, the money was eventually returned to my account 7 days later.
Shame on you Amazon - perhaps you should look to your own staff before assuming we are claiming something we are not entitled to.

2.0 out of 5 stars Functionally fine but incorrect card with damaged box, 22 Nov 2013
Although the value of the card was correct, the giftcard itself was not the 'Thank You' one ordered.

The card was simply a standard Amazon branded card.

Also the gift box itself had been crushed on the corner as some point - although, the postage packaging that it arrived in seemed fine, so I can only suggest that this damage had happened prior to packing.

As this was purchased specifically to say 'thank you' to someone, this ended up seeming like a slightly shabby afterthought

2.0 out of 5 stars ARRIVED TOO LATE, 21 Oct 2013
Djh J. Hond - See all my reviews
I selected to pick the gift card up from my local store, which is not actually that local as we live ruraly. I was given a time by when the package should arrive. Having made two seperate trips to the "local" store, it still hadn't arrived. I bought the gift card for someone and selected the delivery type as I needed it asap.....however.....by the time it actually arrived, the "moment" had gone where the recipient would have fully apprceiated it, so the gesture on part was ruined.

2.0 out of 5 stars 'Next Working Day' delivery wasn't, not even next next day!, 19 Aug 2013
completely missed the date of the event. No contact to ring and check, completely unsatisfactory. I'm sure the product will be fine when it finally arrives.

5.0 out of 5 stars Plenty of added value!, 10 Dec 2012
Pepper (Uk) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
I bought this as a Christmas gift. It arrived the next day despite me having ordered it at around 4pm the previous day. The gift box is actually very stylish and transforms the Amazon gift card inside into a tangible and attractive gift to give on Christmas Day. In my opinion, so much better and more thoughtful than an electronic gift voucher or plain gift card at no extra cost for next day delivery or the gift box. Recommended.

To those reviewers that have given this product a low star rating because of the minimum value of £40 I think a bit of realism is called for. Amazon have to be able to make a margin after providing next day delivery and the box etc. Amazon cannot provide these extras without covering their costs, and, if I were an Amazon shareholder (which I am not), I'd expect them to make a profit too. I say this whilst recognising the fact that there are other methods of buying Amazon vouchers from £5 upwards, albeit, without a box.

1.0 out of 5 stars Such a shame!, 30 May 2014
This was bought for me as a Christmas gift to go with my new Paperwhite. The actual voucher in its box is lovely, and a novel idea for something more substantial than a piece of paper, when a voucher is intended to be a gift.

However, when it comes to using the gift card the system is flawed.
This is a Kindle gift voucher, for buying things related to your kindle, like books or cases I thought? It says Kindle on it and even states 'Happy Reading'. Great!
Not so great, because these cards can actually be used for anything. This isn't a problem, maybe a good thing even. But what IS NOT made clear is that your gift card WILL be used for anything.

Once you have one of these added to your account, it is then your primary payment method unless you choose otherwise. So if you have a subscribe and save active, as I did, you suddenly find that you have a zero balance on your card... because it has been used to pay for dog food.

Amazon, it is nice that you allow this function, but would it really be so difficult as to put some kind of measure in place so that I can CHOOSE what my card is used for? If not, then can't you make it clear that this is what happens? Had I have not tried to use the card and be charged for a book I wouldn't have noticed, and until contacting customer services was not told that this is how it works.

I won't bother in the future because these gift cards make managing your account more hassle than it needs to be.

1.0 out of 5 stars Just not good enough, 1 Mar 2013
M. Bevan (UK) - See all my reviews
This was a £50 Kindle card in a gift box for a special present. It arrived very promptly. The box was damaged, scuffed and just plain tatty, the inside was quite grubby. The packaging was sound so the damage did not occur in transit.Customer service apologised and offered me £3 compensation, so I suppose I can go and buy another gift box, NOT what I had in mind and quite spoiled the special part of the present.

3.0 out of 5 stars Late!, 9 Feb 2013
Arrived a day later than promised (and guaranteed), so was too late to be presented to a colleague at work at her leaving party. Very annoying. Product was attractive and suitable when it did arrive, however

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, 8 Mar 2013
I ordered this £50 voucher for my son's birthday. I gave it to him without opening the gift box and was horrified when he called me to say that when he went to use it he found that the silver strip had been removed and the voucher had been redeemed!
Amazon have apologised and refunded my credit card but the refund will take 3 days to go through and I have already made payment and my son hasn't got his birthday present so I am very disappointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unable to use this £40 voucher!!, 24 May 2013
I gave this £40 boxed voucher as a gift to my son-in-law. but is says it has been spent. I believe there may be some confusion with the replacement voucher I asked for because the first one had not arrived within 2 days of it's promised delivery date. I refused to accept the replacement (as instructed by you) when it arrived because I had received the first voucher when it was delivered - the postman agreed to return it to you.
Please sort this out asap for me. My son-in-law was not able to add books to his kindle as he went away to Marrakesh yesterday!!! AND I am really embarrassed.

Christine Rowland (a very good customer of yours)

‹ Previous | 1 2 365 | Next ›