Denomination: 40|Design Name: Kindle|Change

on 28 November 2013
It is a great idea to send Amazon vouchers as a gift and I like the fact that there are so many ways in which you can send them, my favourite way is the gift box, very nicely boxes and great to wrap up for a present.
on 13 December 2012
I base most of my online purchasing decisions on customer reviews. Actually, to be more precise, I base most of my online purchasing decisions on AVERAGE customer reviews (I rarely bother to read the individual reviews). However, on this occasion I was intrigued to understand WHY/HOW-ON-EARTH an Amazon gift voucher could attract 13 negative (1 star) reviews on Amazon's own website. To be clear, what we're reviewing here is a GIFT VOUCHER IN A BOX. Amazon have obviously decided that in order to justify the cost of manufacturing a special box in which to house the gift voucher and also the cost of placing said gift voucher into said special box, the starting value of said gift vouchers should be £40. This probably provides the necessary margin of profit to justify the box manufacture and the gift voucher placement therein. This is understandable. This is NOT SOMETHING THAT ANYONE SHOULD BE GETTING THEIR KNICKERS IN A TWIST ABOUT. Yet almost ALL of the negative reviews have been written by people complaining that the STARTING PRICE of a gift voucher in a box is too high! What???????? If you want to purchase a gift voucher for a value of less than £40, there are many other options for doing so. This particular gift voucher, in a special little box, starts at £40. If you can't afford £40, BUY A DIFFERENT GIFT VOUCHER!!! Or take your business elsewhere. Do what you want... but don't waste your time (or mine) writing negative reviews, bitching about the STARTING PRICE OF A FLIPPING GIFT VOUCHER IN A BOX. If you want to buy a gift voucher in a box, stump up the money people. If you don't have £40 to spend on a gift voucher in a box, buy one that's NOT IN A BOX!!! What's wrong with you???
3232 comments|412 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 December 2012
I'm very impressed with the Amazon Gift Card box. Personally I have terrible taste and I would rather my loved ones pick out what they like rather then have to pretend to be pleased when I give them a rubbish gift like a spice rack, a collinder or the collected works of the Teletubbies. I have given Amazon vouchers previously but they always seem a little cheap and without thought when I've printed them off and shoved them in a card (I'm sure my family think I do them last minute...) These gift boxes are much nicer and can go under the tree, perfect! They also hopefully show a little more forethought from me and the simple gift box comes at no extra cost and with free delivery - how can I not be happy with that? A+ Amazon.
11 comment|152 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 December 2012
How can you give this anything less than 5 stars, it is what it is: a gift card to the value you have chosen. Ignore all the low-rated reviews based on the fact that these are too expensive, as gift cards are available in £5 denominations from £10 - you just have to chose the Greeting Card option for lower values rather than the Gift Box!
on 9 February 2013
Arrived a day later than promised (and guaranteed), so was too late to be presented to a colleague at work at her leaving party. Very annoying. Product was attractive and suitable when it did arrive, however
on 5 September 2013
If your partner loves reading, and mine does, then you can't fail with the gift of hours of reading of her own choice, especially since she can choose from a variety of cut-price deals all the time!
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 1 December 2012
I have been looking for a present to say Thank You, and while an Amazon gift card is a nice idea, the plastic card, email or paper versions just do not hit the spot for me.

Then I came across these.

What a super idea, the box is well made and has a very attractive bow, the gift card is held securely in place and is presented beautifully.

An excellent present solution.

Recommended.
on 4 March 2013
Bought Card for Birthday present, recipient tried to make purchase on Amazon, but gift card would not complete transaction.
Contacted Amazon who stated card already used. A clear case of fraud as neither myself or the recipient has used it.
Currently going through Dispute and contacting the Police and credit card company, Amazon reply with do you know the person who has used it only name given Lewis Illman no other details. No I do not if I did do you think I would of contacted you???
If you are going to buy a Gift Card I suggest using the email option as there is clearly a security breech with the postal version.
I've been a customer for years with Amazon and spent hundreds of pounds, after this dispute has been investigated I will take my business else where.
22 comments|60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 December 2012
I wouldn't have bothered reviewing this, but the number of 1-star reviews don't do this product justice... So I'm giving it 5*

The box is very well presented, it's just a little bigger than the size of a credit card, with a credit-card sized gift card inside. The bow is a nice touch, and the box is easy to open.

Yes, there's a £40 minimum - not that it should matter, because you get all £40 back (well, whoever uses the gift voucher does, anyway), so what you are essentially getting here is a FREE credit-card sized gift-box. And it's tastefully done, that the recipient is appreciative of something a little more special than just a card or a emailed code.
on 23 December 2014
The box came scratched and scuffed so I didn't bother giving the gift card in a box. But since you aren't paying extra for the box there is no real loss, so you might as well go for this and hope that it comes presentable, just be aware that there's a chance you may be disappointed.