9,635
Amazon.co.uk Gift Card - £25 (Congratulations)
Denomination: 25Design Name: CongratulationsChange
Price:£25.00+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 23 September 2014
Do not trust Amazon to deliver a birthday card/ gift card on time for someone's birthday.

I ordered one on Thursday for someone's birthday on the following Saturday. I asked for one-day delivery and received an email later on Thursday to say the card had been dispatched.

I assumed that the card had been delivered until I received an email on Tuesday (three days after the birthday) saying it was "being delivered today". There was no apology for the delay and the email was worded as though it was being delivered to my address. When I went to track the order, I found that it had been delivered to the wrong depot on Friday but Amazon had not informed me of this at the time. If they had, I could have made other arrangements (i.e. posting a card myself).

I rang Amazon but all they could suggest was I cancel the order. I explained that it was too late to do that and I made clear my dissatisfaction with their "service".The person I spoke made the usual profound apologies and said they would address these issues.

Incredibly, I then received an email from them timed at 19.02 informing me that they had "tried but failed to deliver my order today".
I rang them and the person I spoke to said it could not be posted through the letterbox at the recipient's address because "no one was in to give them permission"(sic), I explained that nowhere on their Gift Card page was it explained that someone had to be in to take delivery and also pointed out the difficulty of ensuring this when delivery was to a third party. All they could do was to apologise again.

To add insult to injury, when I looked again at the tracking information, I found that they were now claiming that the delivery had been rescheduled for later in the week "at the sender's request!!!!
on 22 November 2011
I have to agree with some of the other feedback on this product but disagree with others.

I read the reviews saying it took a while to arrive however i wanted it for Christmas so wasn't to bothered about a slight delay but was pleasantly surprised when it came the next day.

I also read the reviews about being charged postage and was very careful at checkout to select the right postage option as the default was not the one that gave you free postage and luckily i was not charged a penny for postage.

I have bought give vouchers before and usually use the e-mail option but i much prefer this. The Chirstmas card is lovely and although the personal message wasn't there you ahve a lovely card in which to write your own personal message.

I think this is great and a lot better looking than the e-mail and you get a free card to present to the person of your choice.

The reason it didn't get 5 starts was because of the personal message, why advertise it when it's not there. I think this function should just be removed.
on 20 December 2013
Not sure how you rate a gift card, is what it is. Tremendous delivery speed & ideal when you don't know what to buy someone - can't go wrong with Amazon
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Trying to purchase a gift for one particular friend is always more of a headache than a pleasure. She is one of those people who seems to already have everything that I could possibly think of buying for her. She is also very particular and despite putting on a great show of being pleased I always end up cringing just a little as I realise I have gotten it wrong yet again.

Like myself, my friend buys so many of her things from Amazon so I decided to take what some might see as the `easy option' and buy her an Amazon gift voucher. That way I can't get it wrong and she can buy exactly what it is that she wants.

I chose the gold Amazon boxes card as it looked very Christmassy and the image reminded me of presents exploding from a box. There are a range of other designs that you can choose from, all look equally as nice.

It is easy to choose the value of money that you wish to spend with the following values currently available: £10, £20, £25, £30, £50, £100 and £500.
When you get to the checkout you can indicate that this is to be a gift and it gives you the option to write in your own personal message.

The card and envelope were sealed into an outer envelope which had a perforated seal and the Amazon logo in the top right-hand corner. You can give it just like this but I wanted to check that everything inside was ok. On opening the envelope there was the gift card I had chosen and a white envelope to be used with the card. On opening the card both of the inside faces were left blank with plenty of room for you to hand write your own personal message.

The gift voucher itself was stuck to the inside of the card with that clear non tacky glue which makes it easy to remove without damaging the actual card itself. The voucher is credit card in size, plain black with a large white a and the gold Amazon smiley arrow underneath. The value of the voucher is printed in the top left-hand corner so the recipient can instantly see the value. There is a small typed note underneath which says `see reverse for redemption instructions'.

On the back of the card there are very clear step-by-step instructions telling the recipient how to redeem their voucher. After having received one of these for my birthday the process is very straightforward and I didn't experience any problem claiming the value of the voucher.

The only thing that I was disappointed with was the personalised note that I had written on ordering the voucher. I thought it might be printed inside the card or come on a nice piece of card so that I could pop it in with the actual gift voucher. Instead it was loose inside the packing envelope with the packing slip and some money off vouchers, I missed it the first time. It was printed on a piece of flimsy paper - the same as the packing slip. The Amazon logo was double the size of my message and dominated it. The message itself looked nothing special and I don't think I'm going to bother including it with the actual card. Instead I will handwrite my own greeting. A nice idea from Amazon but it was a disappointment.

Overall, I think these gift vouchers are an ideal present for anyone who loves buying goods from Amazon.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 3 December 2011
Received the item in one day which is amazing, the quality of the card is good, and the design is great. I chose the option of having a personalised message written in each card. Didn't come with that.
on 29 December 2012
As, apparently, it's not acceptable to give money anymore so the recipient can buy whatever they want from where ever they choose, or save it to reap the benefits of a high interest savings account, or give it to a homeless person, or someone who collects £10 notes. No, I was asked to get an amazon voucher. A mere £10 from my bank account bought me £10 to spend with amazon, so it is certainly value for money. At least it wasn't an itunes voucher this year.

To be fair, it was delivered exceptionally quickly, and was already to be sealed and taped to the other card.
on 27 September 2011
The gift card arrived next day, very pleased, but the card had no message on it which is disappointing when time has been taken to type one, if I had sent it direct the recipient wouldn't have had a clue who it was from.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 14 July 2014
Amazon UK really needs to get its act together. In this instance, the problem was with the delivery. You sent me an e-mail saying :

"We’re going to deliver your order, containing the item(s) listed below, today.

"Amazon.co.uk Gift Card - £15 (Birthday Presents)"

If there’s nobody in when we arrive we’ll post through your letter box if possible, leave with an available neighbour or in your preferred safe-place, if you’ve previously provided us with those details."

There was someone at home at the time of the delivery but, instead of putting the gift card through the letter box, you put a card through the letterbox saying you were unable to deliver the gift card. How ridiculous can you get? If you could leave a non-delivery notice, you could leave the gift card. Here is what my sister-in-law said about the non-delivery:

"Someone tried to deliver something this morning via amazon logistics whatever that is and although Neil was in they just shoved a card through saying they had something for us but not what it was and what they were actually going to do with it. I don't think I've ever had to sign for a gift card so maybe it's something else. Not impressed by some of amazon's systems. If I think I might have to return something I don't buy from them because their returns system is rubbish. They use local shops but they don't know what they're doing and the bar codes never work."

I've had other problems trying to place orders through Amazon UK but never had a problem with Amazon US or Canada.

In this case, the gift card was re-delivered on Sunday so it did finally arrive but there are clearly issues with the Amazon UK service.
on 7 January 2012
I recently purchased an Amazon Gift Card as a stocking filler for a family member. He owns a Kindle, which I'd originally hoped to purchase a book for. As you can't currently select books to send to somebody's Kindle, I thought this was the next best option.

Gift Cards from Amazon must be the most useful gift vouchers around. They can be used towards a huge variety of products, whereas if you buy a voucher from, say, a music or book store, the recipient is limited to the type of product they can spend it on. They also offer you a huge choice of design, which means you can pick the right gift card to suit the occasion and recipient. A selection of card denominations is available, so if you have any idea of something your recipient is hoping to buy, or saving up towards, you can adjust the gift card value to suit that.

Amazon offers its Gift Cards by post, e-mail and print format. I personally chose for it to be posted to me, and for this, Amazon offers one day delivery. Incredibly useful if you need it at the last minute! Mine arrived promptly the next day, which I was impressed by. However, in the future I may choose one of the other options. If you are environmentally conscientious, what could be better than sending it via e-mail? You can choose a delivery date, so there's no worries about it arriving too soon. The print format is also very useful. You simply print out at home, and you have a gift within minutes.
When it arrives by post, you can open up the envelope without any concern; inside will be the gift card and a fresh unsealed envelope, so you can personalise the card with your own message. I personally wouldn't recommend adding your message before delivery, as it doesn't look great and feels rather impersonal.

In summary, this is a great option when you don't have a specific gift in mind for someone. They'll appreciate the freedom to spend it on the product of their own choosing, and you won't need to worry over choosing the wrong thing. There's nothing particularly negative to say about Amazon Gift Cards. I had a great experience when I chose to purchase one as a gift. If I was to say anything, perhaps it would be useful if you were able to choose any value, rather than preset denominations. Otherwise, take the stress out of gift-buying and go for it! Some people say that gift vouchers are impersonal, but I will definitely go for it the next time I'm unsure of what to buy for someone - it's better than wasting your money!
on 11 November 2012
I ordered a gift card on the 7th of November for delivery on the 8th and received the dispatch email that day stating 'Your guaranteed delivery date is:Thursday, November 08, 2012' I was planning to then post it that day inside a birthday card which needed to arrive by the 10th.
It didn't arrive on the 8th or 9th (the latest possible posting date) Amazon agreed to refund my money and so I then ordered the self printing version (which does the same job, but doesn't look as smart) The original order arrived on the 10th, 2 days after the 'guaranteed' date.