8,001 Reviews
 (6,449)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Service
My Mum had received an Amazon Kindle as an early birthday present and so I wanted to buy her something relevant to it. She had already bought herself a case and charger so that wasn't an option.

I searched on Google if Amazon did Kindle gift cards and the word was that there was nothing specific to Kindle's in the way of gift cards.

However, I came...
Published on 18 Oct. 2011 by Amie C

3.0 out of 5 stars Problem with Parcel Force
The product is absolutely what you would expect, a gift card, but I chose to have the next day delivery as this was a present. I simply thought there would be no issue with being out when it was delivered as it is low value and fits in a letter box, but because next day delivery is delivered by parcel force they insisted on taking it to the nearest post office as I was...
Published 9 months ago by Ali B

5.0 out of 5 stars When you just don't know what to buy - revisited!, 13 April 2014
KM (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
or just don't have time to go to the shops because you spend too much time browsing Amazon! Yes! 2 hours have passed and the housework still isn't done :( *goes to plump cushions up before the missus gets in*

I ordered this for my daughters boyfriend for his birthday as he's an awkward bugger to buy for and this enables him to pick his own stuff. I've never bought one before either!

I chose a birthday style and it came in a blank (inside) card with a blank envelope so if you wanted you could just use this as a birthday card too rather than buy one. If you're tight like me!

So he was happy with it and it also enabled him to spend several hours of his life browsing Amazon to spend thirty quid! It's all part of the big plan you know? Get everybody addicted via gift cards. . .

I'll definitely be getting more. See! I'm addicted after only one gift card!

Recommended to all lazy shoppers, if you haven't got time or you're an Amazon addict ;)

Update - 9th Dec - I still don't know what to buy! Just had to buy another two! :(

1.0 out of 5 stars Hard to review when it failed to arrive!, 10 Jan. 2014
Impossible to review because this gift card failed to arrive. Despite numerous telephone conversations with several different customer service agents & false promises of re-issued gift cards that STILL failed to arrive. Then finally an email saying they were unable to deliver!!!
Appalling customer service, ill trained staff & 'couldn't care less' attitudes. If I could have scored this no stars I would have. Shame on you Amazon, you couldn't have cared less.

5.0 out of 5 stars An ideal present for that person who is hard to buy for, 10 Dec. 2011
D. Jones (Warwickshire) - See all my reviews
(No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Trying to purchase a gift for one particular friend is always more of a headache than a pleasure. She is one of those people who seems to already have everything that I could possibly think of buying for her. She is also very particular and despite putting on a great show of being pleased I always end up cringing just a little as I realise I have gotten it wrong yet again.

Like myself, my friend buys so many of her things from Amazon so I decided to take what some might see as the `easy option' and buy her an Amazon gift voucher. That way I can't get it wrong and she can buy exactly what it is that she wants.

I chose the gold Amazon boxes card as it looked very Christmassy and the image reminded me of presents exploding from a box. There are a range of other designs that you can choose from, all look equally as nice.

It is easy to choose the value of money that you wish to spend with the following values currently available: £10, £20, £25, £30, £50, £100 and £500.
When you get to the checkout you can indicate that this is to be a gift and it gives you the option to write in your own personal message.

The card and envelope were sealed into an outer envelope which had a perforated seal and the Amazon logo in the top right-hand corner. You can give it just like this but I wanted to check that everything inside was ok. On opening the envelope there was the gift card I had chosen and a white envelope to be used with the card. On opening the card both of the inside faces were left blank with plenty of room for you to hand write your own personal message.

The gift voucher itself was stuck to the inside of the card with that clear non tacky glue which makes it easy to remove without damaging the actual card itself. The voucher is credit card in size, plain black with a large white a and the gold Amazon smiley arrow underneath. The value of the voucher is printed in the top left-hand corner so the recipient can instantly see the value. There is a small typed note underneath which says `see reverse for redemption instructions'.

On the back of the card there are very clear step-by-step instructions telling the recipient how to redeem their voucher. After having received one of these for my birthday the process is very straightforward and I didn't experience any problem claiming the value of the voucher.

The only thing that I was disappointed with was the personalised note that I had written on ordering the voucher. I thought it might be printed inside the card or come on a nice piece of card so that I could pop it in with the actual gift voucher. Instead it was loose inside the packing envelope with the packing slip and some money off vouchers, I missed it the first time. It was printed on a piece of flimsy paper - the same as the packing slip. The Amazon logo was double the size of my message and dominated it. The message itself looked nothing special and I don't think I'm going to bother including it with the actual card. Instead I will handwrite my own greeting. A nice idea from Amazon but it was a disappointment.

Overall, I think these gift vouchers are an ideal present for anyone who loves buying goods from Amazon.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely quality, don't print message!, 3 Dec. 2011
Received the item in one day which is amazing, the quality of the card is good, and the design is great. I chose the option of having a personalised message written in each card. Didn't come with that.

4.0 out of 5 stars Arrived very quickly although no personal message!, 22 Nov. 2011
I have to agree with some of the other feedback on this product but disagree with others.

I read the reviews saying it took a while to arrive however i wanted it for Christmas so wasn't to bothered about a slight delay but was pleasantly surprised when it came the next day.

I also read the reviews about being charged postage and was very careful at checkout to select the right postage option as the default was not the one that gave you free postage and luckily i was not charged a penny for postage.

I have bought give vouchers before and usually use the e-mail option but i much prefer this. The Chirstmas card is lovely and although the personal message wasn't there you ahve a lovely card in which to write your own personal message.

I think this is great and a lot better looking than the e-mail and you get a free card to present to the person of your choice.

The reason it didn't get 5 starts was because of the personal message, why advertise it when it's not there. I think this function should just be removed.

2.0 out of 5 stars It IS a card. But message is separate or not even printed on invoice., 7 Dec. 2011
A. J. Sturgess "Alan Sturgess" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I'm RE-editing an earlier review and knocking off ANOTHER star because the same problem that I referred to before is still present ...

Some reviews suggest that these gift cards weren't actually cards - well, the ones that I have ordered DID come as folded cards with the plastic card inside detailing the amount of the gift and also showing the code reference need to redeem them.

The private messages, however, were printed onto the invoice/receipt and are NOT printed onto the card. The result is tatty AND any formatting (such as if you write a verse) is ignored and you just get a block of text. The Amazon description should make it REALLY clear that messages are NOT printed onto the cards and that any formatting you use will be trashed. The current Amazon approach is sloppy and cheapskate. The least they could do is to retain formatting and to print the message in a box with a simple decorate border so that when cut out it looks better and more professional.

I have no complaints about the cards themselves. They're good quality and they arrive quickly. But any future voucher cards that I order will probably cause me to think again about the star rating if this weakness isn't addressed and solved.

Thus far I have started with 4; Then it was a '3'.

UPDATE - Now I'm down to 2 stars.
Unless Amazon actually print messages onto cards, my future reviews will be re-rated as 1 star. (This last time, I didn't even get a paper printout of the message I wrote!)

Come on Amazon, get your act together and produce a voucher that's got some quality --- or at least describe it more accurately and completely. Either do the job properly or don't even suggest the idea.

(Not that anyone in their offices will give a s--t. All they want is the money.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing value, amazing quality!, 9 Dec. 2014
Wow! I ordered this £20 card without being sure it would be compatible with my Amazon account. Boy, what a pleasant surprise! Not only did the card arrive perfectly packaged in a tasteful Amazon envelope, but the quality and attention to detail is phenomenal, and it all worked flawlessly out of the box!

The card itself is made from high quality cardboard with a perfectly printed festive picture. The size is perfect for opening by hand, and the card is very easy to set up and stand on any level surface where there's enough space - I found that it's perfectly compatible with my kitchen window ledge.

Once mounted, the card will happily sit there and lighten your day every time you look at it. It's extremely quiet - I doubt you'll hear it operating at all - and it doesn't need any external power supplies to operate properly - how do they do that?!

Additionally, inside the card there is a credit-card sized, equally well fashioned piece of plastic. It is perfectly manufactured, and the attention to detail is something to behold. The plastic is nice and light, and it will fit perfectly in the palm of your hand. I'm still amazed that they managed to squeeze so much into such a small device!

The plastic has a silvered panel that hides the all important activation code for the gift part of the card, and it is very easy to scrape away to reveal the code underneath (handy tip: as the plastic card is fully waterproof (to 30+ meters) you can safely scrape the silver panel off under a running tap to wash away the silvering, otherwise you may have a small, silvery mess to clear up afterwards - this is my only gripe with the otherwise fantastic product).

Once the code is revealed, it's a very simple task of entering the details into your Amazon account. It can be a bit tricky to perform, especially if you're dyslexic, as the code is quite long - if needed, it may help to get assistance entering the code. I do wonder if the complicated code would be better placed with something a bit more 'human friendly' like a word or phrase - maybe something like "Amazon Twenty Quid" would make life easier, but, hey, nothing's perfect! :-)

Then the fun part - you should find that you now have £20 on your Amazon account you can spend on almost anything! Yes! Imagine that! Twenty whole pounds - for free! Amazing!

Cost - £20, and you get £20 to spend = outstanding value for such a well built quality product. How they can make any money from this, goodness knows. I, for one, will be more than happy to purchase more gift cards in the future!

Highly recommended! Thanks Amazon!

4.0 out of 5 stars No Message on Gift Card, 27 Sept. 2011
The gift card arrived next day, very pleased, but the card had no message on it which is disappointing when time has been taken to type one, if I had sent it direct the recipient wouldn't have had a clue who it was from.

1.0 out of 5 stars One day delivery, 15 Sept. 2012
Kalman - See all my reviews
Don't order gift card if you really want for the next day, I placed two gift card orders during the last week and both of the times it did not arrive by guaranteed delivery date. Very poor amazon service (they used both of the times royal mail service). Customer service is only able to say sorry and they told me that I should wait up to one week for delivery (which is acceptable if the delivery service is economy but they offer next day's one...)

2.0 out of 5 stars put a message in it saying happy birthday Barney love from, 31 July 2014
Seemed to be no option to customise this card so it went to my nephew with no message or anything as to who had sent it to him!! I bought it thinking I'd get the option to customise it (i.e. put a message in it saying happy birthday Barney love from...so and so) nbut nothing came up, by which time money was already paid and order placed. Not good customer service, and I won't buy again.

Amazon.co.uk Gift Card - £15 (Birthday Birds)