5.0 out of 5 stars Post Nuclear neo physics ...
Published 13 days ago by Mr. G. Morgan

3.0 out of 5 stars 1970s I think
Well its ok but on the whole I felt it was a bit of an anticlimax. Well worth listening to their music though, at least once.
Published 13 months ago by Timbeau57

5.0 out of 5 stars Post Nuclear neo physics ..., 6 Sep 2014
Mr. G. Morgan "wes" (Haywards Heath, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Soon Over Babaluma (Audio CD)
This is brilliant, one of a great band's climaxes without a doubt and you should listen to it many, many times, as I have (see what I did there, sports fans?): this is one hypnotic group sticking right in a deep groove that Sly and Robbie would admire. I love this, part- Proustian reasons as I remember the year I bought it so it brings adolescence back to me. Its promise is first sensed in the striking, almost luminous cover art, a fair indication of the slightly uncanny work herein. The first side comprises snappier - not actually snappy, but less mesmeric, brisker, more whimsical material, recognisably the same lot sans Damo Suzuki, although the shorter trackes on what was this first half are shorter, more playful, Karoli plays violin at first, the drumming hammers and the sound is the usual shimmering space music (making the latter alliance with Hawkwind seem inevitable, though 'space' is different for each). Two long tracks finish this charming piece, 'Quantum Physics' and 'Chain Reaction'; you can't call them songs, with the familiar sparse lyrics of deliberately little but evocative meaning and repetitive riffs and percussive, insistent drumming. There's the characteristic almost wailing voice, the chugging rhythm which seems as if it could go on forever; in fact time seems obliterated by them: I'd be happy to have them reverberating all day. Guitar, drums and synths create a wash of sounds, aural paintings rather than you might expect a 'pop' disc to yield. I regard it as a companion-piece to the similarly hypnotic 'Ege Bamyasi' since its strange hooks have a way of insinuating themselves. No wonder it was the Germans who came up with the notion of ear-worms! Terrific.

5.0 out of 5 stars Still Essential CAN, 29 Jan 2013
D. Smith "davidsmith151" (manchester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Soon Over Babaluma (Audio CD)
What can i say or what can be said to this essential piece of music from CAN. Its their last gasp of greatness after Damo`s departure and its still a superb set. It still surprises after all these years. Essentail buy it

3.0 out of 5 stars 1970s I think, 3 Aug 2013
Timbeau57 (St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews

Soon Over Babaluma
Soon Over Babaluma by Can (Audio CD - 2012)