5.0 out of 5 stars mosquitoes didn't like it!
I ALWAYS have problems with mosquitoes -I seem to be magnetic to them. Jungle formula left me trouble free, apart from the one day when I forgot to use it. My son recommended it to me and i would recommend it to anyone going near mozzies
Published 20 months ago by jill perks

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me
I used this in Costa Rica whilst staying in the rainforest. Not only did it not stop me from getting bitten but it smelt bad, felt oily on my skin and had a reaction with my flip flops, melting the coating off.

I've given it two stars as I assume I would have been bitten more without it but I got about ten bites in one day with it on!!!
Published 12 months ago by DebRon

5.0 out of 5 stars mosquitoes didn't like it!, 2 Jan 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good protection against insects, 30 Nov 2012
This review is from: Jungle Formula Maximum Aerosol - 125 ml (Personal Care)
We took this spray with us on holiday to Central America and were very happy with it. The protection is very good, the smell is not too strong, and it didn't feel uncomfortable on skin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonder Jungle Formula, 14 Dec 2012
This review is from: Jungle Formula Maximum Aerosol - 125 ml (Personal Care)
Bought this item for visit to Cape Verde Islands and did not get one single bite. It does what it says on the tin! Would certainly buy again.

4.0 out of 5 stars does what it says on the tin, 2 Jan 2014
This review is from: Jungle Formula Maximum Aerosol - 125 ml (Personal Care)
this is the only anti-bite that I find actually works. It is also less messy than others I have tried, and it just does what it says on the can.

5.0 out of 5 stars it works, 7 Feb 2013
This review is from: Jungle Formula Maximum Aerosol - 125 ml (Personal Care)
I have used this product before and recommend it. used it in the Cariibean and didn't get bitten.. my friend didn't use any was bitten extensively.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good!, 27 Jan 2014
This review is from: Jungle Formula Maximum Aerosol - 125 ml (Personal Care)
Used this in Cuba and it saved me getting a lot of bites but I still got quite a few. I think they were sandfly bites though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jungle Formula, 10 April 2013
Alan J. (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jungle Formula Maximum Aerosol - 125 ml (Personal Care)
Very effective product. I have used it for years and been satisfied with it. It does what it says it does.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best spray in the world, 10 Aug 2014
This review is from: Jungle Formula Maximum Aerosol - 125 ml (Personal Care)
I purchased this product at a completely bloated price of 15 GBP at a Boots in Gatwick Airport. "What the hell", I thought as the "MAXIMUM" logo, further emphasized by the 4/4 insect repellent factor caught my eye and imagination.

While travelling from rainy Blighty, I often face a dilemma: On the one hand, there's nothing better than sitting in damp and hot areas with my bare white (and slightly chubby) legs, listening to the warm rain drip down the leaves. On the other hand, culicidae (or: Mosquitos if you will), can think of no better place than to breed in the warm rain collected in flower pots and tires that you often find in lower income countries (I tend to avoid "third world" or "developing country" as terms as I don't think they reflect the current economic configuration in the world). In the past, I only had two choices: Face horrendous abuse from mosquito bites, or being protected by sticky and sweaty pants (also smelly!).

With "Jungle Formula: Maximum" this is no more. With the maximum insect repellent factor of 4/4 (which is, as I found out, a scale that was made up by this spray's producers so arguably has no meaning whatsoever), and approved by the "Hospital for Tropical Diseases" (with no reference to which and by whom), this is indeed a bad-ass spray.

The first thing you notice when spraying this onto your skin is a slight sensation of cooling, which however is rather quickly superseded by a burning pain (do not rub your eyes after applying the spray to your hands - it has been an experience I'd rather want to forget). The pain, however, highlights the maximum strength of this spray, and soon enough the acidic chemical citrus smell will creep up your nose and eyes, and cause rather unpleasant irritations reminiscent of the response you may have experienced from cutting Abruzzian red sulmona garlic. But this just demonstrates the strength of this spray.

Since applying these sprays, I have been stung only once - and that was because I forgot to apply the spray to my lower ankle (think of Sigurd's weakness that arose from a leaf covering the back as he was bathing in dragon's blood). Indeed, I have also realized that my friends even now stay at larger distance, which I find rather pleasurable. The 10 hour protection, however, may be slightly exaggerated and I recommend you apply this every half an hour or so.

You can also use the spray for various other purposes: Such as a CS gas substitute (I used this to wield off a bloodhound the other day), or as an alternative to turpentine as a solvent which I found useful for cleaning brushes. But, alas, I am sure there are more creative uses so invite you to share them with me.

To sum up, Jungle Formula Maximum has really improved my life. I cannot think of any better product and hence recommend it to any of the fellow shoppers on Amazon

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me, 26 Aug 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars NO BITES, 16 Jun 2014
Mrs. Kathleen Stoppard (england gb) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jungle Formula Maximum Aerosol - 125 ml (Personal Care)
NOTHING has bitten me since using this great product it is great for any type of insect you want to protect your self from

Jungle Formula Maximum Aerosol - 125 ml