4.0 out of 5 stars Mainly great
Published on 11 April 2013 by parkers547

2.0 out of 5 stars Slimy nasty.
I was sent a free bottle of this as a bzz agent to try.
I don't consider myself to have mature skin at the age of 32 but what do I know?

Positive: As a lotion, aftera couple of days I did notice some positive changes in my skin. Not so dry mainly.
Negative: lightly fragranced is ambitious. Actually I can't smell a thing.
It feels really slippy...
Published on 7 May 2013 by Mrs. D. L. Cox

4.0 out of 5 stars Mainly great, 11 April 2013
I have been using this E45 lotion for about a week now after receiving it to review as a buzz agent. From the beginning I found it great on my very dry legs. It's a good consistency and had a pleasant smell. It is absorbed easily by the skin and leaves skin felling soft and looking nourished. After using for a week, my legs have been transformed from being dry and scaly to being soft and no dry patches to be seen. However, now my legs are no longer dry, I have had to be careful how much at a time I apply. If I apply too much in one go, it leaves a greasy film to my skin. Not such a bad point to my purse as it should last longer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice pleasant moisturiser, 9 April 2013
I recently received a sample of E45 nourish and restore and not being one for moisturising as often as I should, decided that I had better try this product in order to review it properly.

It has a pleasant fragrance, comes out the bottle well, and is a nice consistency. Not too runny and not too thick. It blends into the skin well, and straight away you can feel the difference in your skin.

I use a bit more over the elbows and knees and after one day I could feel the difference. Having started swimming recently, the chlorine tends to dry out my skin, so I have been using the E45 after each session..and it has definitely made a difference. Hopefully with continuous use, skin will be ready for summer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab for daily use, 13 May 2013
Anna (Suffolk, England) - See all my reviews
I was invited to try E45 Nourish and Restore for free as part of a BzzAgent campaign like many of the other reviewers on here. However, despite being given my initial bottle for free, I will be buying it again!

I've been using it on my legs and feet; the difference is incredible! My feet are touchable for the first time in years and no longer have the dry skin that used to catch when putting my socks on! My legs are baby-soft and the skin is looking healthier and healthier for each week I use E45!

I love the fragrance, it is delicate enough to be suitable for every day use. I put it on just before bed, so a subtle and feminine scent is welcome where a heavy fragrance would be overpowering. A good blob will do one leg and foot. I think the reason I have been able to keep up the habit of applying E45 every day is that it absorbs so easily that it doesn't take long to massage in! Some lotions feel like no matter how much you rub it in it just sits on the skin, whereas E45 leaves skin touchable but not greasy!

Some reviewers mention using this on their face. As an acne sufferer I would not consider using Nourish&Restore on my face as I think it would be too heavy. Each to their own though!

As with any lotion, there are some negatives. I prefer a pump bottle as it is more convenient to dispense product. I have now dispensed my E45 into a pump lotion bottle to suit my preference! It is also not the cheapest product available on the lotion shelf at £3.99 for a 250ml bottle, however I feel that the quality of the lotion justifies the price. If I see it on special offer, I will be buying a few months supply!

5.0 out of 5 stars No more dry patches!, 11 May 2013
Like many others I always associated the E45 brand with babies and the elderly, so I was curious when they started marketing a product towards me. I’m a 30-something mother of 2 who is busy with work and kids. My body lotions tend to have something other than just a promise for soft skin- shimmer, gradual tanner or firming agents. Perhaps that’s why I have tried dozens of different lotions but never settled on one and there is a veritable graveyard of lotions in my linen close!
So, what’s important to me when it comes to a body lotion? I need a product that does what it says! I want softer skin, no more dry patches on my knees and elbows. I want it to absorb quickly, no standing there like John Wayne as I wait for it to dry and not get all over my black top while my children run around wrecking the house. I want it to smell nice, no more smelling like a tin of biscuits or having something that over powers my expensive perfume. I’m not worried about packaging or sleek design. I’m more concerned with the product inside the bottle.
I started using E45 Nourish and Restore Body Lotion about 3 weeks ago after receiving it free from BzzAgent. First thing I noticed was the nice smell. It’s not overpowering, it has a subtle and delicate fragrance. It spreads easily and absorbs quickly so I can get dressed right away. My skin was noticeably softer from the first application and after 3 weeks I definitely feel a difference in my usually dry elbows and knees. My legs stay softer between shavings- no more dry, ashy and stubbly skin... it’s just stubbly now!
So what’s the review? I’m certainly pleased with the body lotion and would recommend to my friends and family. It has a nice smell, absorbs quickly and makes my skin feel and look noticeably softer. It works well for me and my lifestyle as a busy working mother of 2.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nourishes and Restores - does exactly what it says on the bottle, 17 April 2013
Eckybun (Worcestershire, UK) - See all my reviews
I am very lucky to be a Bzz Agent as I was sent this product to try and was pleasantly surprised at how good it is.

I have never been a big fan of moisturisers. Most of them don't seem to absorb properly and don't seem to make my skin look or feel any better than before. E45 Nourish and Restore has changed my opinion of moisturisers. From the first application, my skin has felt much softer. I use it on my legs and feet as these are the areas where I experience dry, itchy skin most frequently. I am a keen gym-goer and my feet are always dry and my heels covered in patches of thick, dry, flaky skin which, although I use foot scrubs and creams, never seems to go away. This product, in combination with my usual foot scrub, is proving far more effective at softening my feet than specialised footcare products. I think this is mainly due to the fact that it actually absorbs into my feet quickly, whereas other products tend to end up not absorbing and so I end up with lovely soft socks but still have hard skin on my feet. I've also been very impressed with the effect on my legs. I have very sensitive skin on my legs which is often itchy, dry and flaky. I have been using E45 Nourish and Restore daily and found that my skin is no longer itchy as it is properly hydrated by the lotion. I would recommend this product to anyone who has had problems finding a suitable body lotion due to having very dry and/or sensitive skin. I would also recommend it to anyone who spends a lot of time on their feet. I have given a friend who is running the London Marathon a sample for her to use afterwards. When I run out of the lotion, I will definitely be buying more and I hope the product continues to be available for a long time as it is excellent quality. I would also say that it is good value for money as I have found a small amount moisturises very well, so a bottle will last several weeks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smoothly feminine, 12 April 2013
iaietta (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: E45 Nourish and Restore Lightly Fragranced Body Lotion 400 ml (Personal Care)
When I started this bzz campaign I was a bit sceptical about this product. I had my favourite lotion and with a difficult skin like mine, I thought nothing else was worth trying. I also didn't like E45. When I received it and read the brochure, I immediately felt tempted.

Let's start from the appearance. E45 used to look old-fashioned and nearly medicine-like. Its bottles and tubs were quite unimaginative and unattractive. I didn't like the smell, either. Now surprise-surprise. A shiny new format with nice colours and a modern shape. It looks made for women and it is a pleasure to hold it. You flip the cap open to discover a light and feminine fragrance. Inviting, I would say.

Passing to the usage, more great comms. The texture is just right: not greasy, not aqueous, not sticky. It is instantly absorbed to you can get dressed in seconds. Your clothes won't get soaked and dirty and you won't feel still wet.

The results? Amazing!

As I said, my skin is difficult. Very dry, easy to flake, irritable. The only sensation I had after using E45 was relief and comfort. The fragrance makes you feel clean and pleasantly perfumed for the rest of the day. I noticed after a couple of days that even the skin of my heels had improved significantly, as that of my elbows and of my perennially chapped hands.

My old lotion is now decorating a shelf...

4.0 out of 5 stars Soft skin is a definite, 13 May 2013
I am familiar with the E45 brand as a nurse who recommends it to patients as a remedy for dry skin although not trying it myself. I experience dry skin on my face, hands and legs although I am not great at regularly moisturising as it always seems a chore!
Firstly the packaging remains as expected, simple, easy to read and unisex. I liked the different colours used for the different E45 creams as the bottles are easy to distinguish although maintaining the easily recognised E45 label.
I liked the smell of the creams, one being fragrance free and the other having a subtle clean smell, meaning the cream can be used by the whole household. There is a downside though as I would usually use creams with a fragrance before going out.
On first application I was surprised by how thin the cream was, this did mean that a little went a long way. The cream is easy to apply and does absorb reasonably quickly, this is useful when rushing in the morning!
Now for the difference in softness. After one application the skin does feel soft although this is the case with most creams I have tried. The difference was more evident after about two weeks, I now have softer looking and feeling skin. I just have to keep up the routine now!
I am keen to keep E45 cream in my routine although it is more expensive than some other similar products, I would happily buy it on offer though!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 11 May 2013
I am a bzzagent and tested E45 Body lotion for free.

Facts about Nourish and Restore Body Lotion:

*enriched with natural oils and vitamin B3
*clinically proven to provide 24 hour moisturisation
*For normal to dry and even sensitive skin
* hypo-allergenic
*it nourishes and helps restore supple, softer and noticeably glowing skin in just three weeks.
*unique Constant Moisture Build(tm) formula is enriched with naturally derived lipid and glycerine that work with your skin to replenish lost hydration and then build and maintain it throughout the day.

Now for my thoughts!
Pros
*I loved the smell, it was a little bit like talc powder or baby powder and it was lovely - more importantly, it was not over powering and I really appreciated this!
*Not greasy - you can happily open door handles and not sit around waiting for it to soak in.
*Good for sensitive skin, I have quite sensitive skin and suffer from eczema and I did not have any flare up attacks whilst using this product which I was very happy about!
*Skin did not feel dry and sore, my hands were noticeably softer.

Cons
*None so far!

Very happy with this product and will be taking the 3 week challenge to see if my legs will be lovely and supple for the summer!

5.0 out of 5 stars superb for both winter and summer skin, 3 May 2013
I was sent a sample of this product to try by Bzz agent. When it first arrived, we were still stuck in the really cold snap, so I used it on my hands, and on my feet where I had dry skin. It has a light, refreshing formula that is non sticky, absorbs easily and has a pleasant light fragrance - It was perfect on the dry skin that winter weather brings.

So, I'm still using it - and now this past week we have started to have warmer summer weather of above 20 degrees. As it's been warm enough to wear a skirt, I've been using on my legs; and as an after-sun cream after sitting in the garden with the kids.

It does what is says, smoothes skin leaving it feeling refreshed and nourished. I've even used it on my face a couple of times, when I forgot to pack standard facial moisturiser for the pool or gym. As a result of this I reckon it'll be the perfect multi-function holiday product, because it is so versatile. I fully intend to take a bottle with me when I head off on holiday.

It's certainly made me think about E45 again (I'd always thought of it either being a cream only for excema, or for babies) This is an excellent product!

I would happily recommend this to all my friends. Well worth a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars nourished skin ahoy!, 9 April 2013
Ms. Claire Caballero "cabsy83" (scotland) - See all my reviews
I was lucky enough to receive a sample of this new E45 nourish and restore body lotion from bzz agent to try out and I am delighted!I was a bit put off by the bit on the front that said it was for mature skin initially - I am only 30 for goodness sake!! But after opening it and trying it for myself I'm a convert!In the past I have used E45 lotion on my son who has eczema and occasionally on myself after shaving but it never really appealed because it was unscented whereas this new formula has a lovely fresh baby powdery type smell which is very light but in my opinion just right! Texture wise its a thin lotion which soaks in well and you dont have to use a lot so it works out to be very economical! I have used it after shaving my legs and it just melted into my skin! I have also been using it on my hands as I suffer from sore cracked hands because I tend to wash them a lot and after a week I feel a lasting difference. They dont hurt as much and they are not as red which is ideal!I honestly can't think of any negative points about this lotion, its a good quality product from a name you can trust. My only advice is to ignore the mature skin bit- otherwise you will miss out on a fab product!!!I would recommend this to a friend!