8,505 Reviews
 (1,218)

4,814 of 4,917 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Lighter, smaller and looks great
Customer Video Review     Length:: 8:50 Mins
I already have the original Kindle with the keyboard and have been extremely pleased with it. As soon as I saw this smaller, lighter version of the Kindle I thought I would get it to carry around with me when I go to work and in my handbag.

It has the same functionality that is available on the original Kindle, it just doesn't have a...
Published on 5 Oct 2011 by D. Jones

2.0 out of 5 stars Battery life very disappointing
After 2 years with a Kindle (the keyboard wifi model) I decided to buy one for my wife. The nearest equivalent is the basic £89 model, and to be fair the lack of a keyboard is not the problem I expected - the on-screen alternative works fine, and for the number of times I use the keyboard, I would gladly remove mine if I could! But, perhaps I got a freakishly good one,...
Published 23 months ago by swillis

‹ Previous | 1766 767 768851 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Rekindled my love of books, 4 Nov 2011
A. V. Deahl (Somerset England) - See all my reviews
Having restricted my reading to newspapers and books only when on holiday the Kindle has rekindled my love of books. I like its lightness, being to read in bed without having to adjust the angle of the bedside light to provide sufficient light, being able to adjust font size, and being able to choose an enormous choice books that are cheaper and reviewed on line. There are no disadvantages apart from having to pay upfront for the Kindle - and this is very reasonably priced for this degree of technology.

5.0 out of 5 stars So much better than the Kindle 3 AND cheaper, 4 Nov 2011
My husband bought me this because he was so pleased with his Kindle 3. Now he is so jealous. Lighter, faster, smaller - who cares if it can't hold as many books, how many can you read at one time? Or if the battery life is shorter, can you really not plug in for four hours once every week or two? The keyboard gets in the way and he sorts the libraries using Calibre anyway[...] (it's a must-have), the speakers are defunct and the paddles stick out too much so it's easy to change pages when you don't want to. Well done Amazon for a really thoughtful upgrade at a lower price and all those people who moan about the price being lower in the USA have clearly never read a marketing book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best buy, 4 Nov 2011
My Kindle is the best buy ever. Easy to set up, light to carry, fantastic for traveling. I was always saying that I would never get used to reading from anything but a book - now I can not carry a book with me anymore. And I only have the thing for three weeks! Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle, 4 Nov 2011
I am in love with my new kindle, although I was really never going to have one as I would rather have a book, this was a gift and I am soooo pleased with it. I would recommend it too any one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kracking Kindle, 4 Nov 2011
I absolutely love my Kindle. It was available on the 11th October and I received it on 13th October and took it with me that very day to Belgium on holiday. Until then I had always said I prefer books but I have definitely been won over it is so versatile, Klever and Kute. I recommend all readers to give it a go!

5.0 out of 5 stars earle christmas present for me :), 4 Nov 2011
my husband has bought me this as an early christmas present, i love it so much i have bought my dad one.very easy to use

4.0 out of 5 stars Kindle, 3 Nov 2011
I haven't used the Kindle for very long as I bought it as a gift, however I have had a little look to make sure it was working properly. It's very light, easy to use - in fact even my Grandma could probably use it. Amazon were good as well because the first order I made got lost in the post and they sent a replacement out as soon as I mentioned the previous order had not arrived. Good service and good product.

4.0 out of 5 stars New Kindle, 3 Nov 2011
Delighted so far with this new version. G3 and audio would have been nice extras. But you can't have everything for £89.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kindle review, 3 Nov 2011
Generally I am quite pleased with the product.
Ordering new books is easy and quick.
Some of the books I have read on my Kindle have grammatical and spelling errors which is disappointing.
One in particular, the Edward Lear Nonsense Book has a lot of errors.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for what its designed to do, 3 Nov 2011
Very light and easy to use plus the clunky but nonetheless useful browser is a bonus. As a book reader it is great and the battery life is excellent. Downloading books is simple and fast and it returns to the last page, book or web automatically so all positives when you consider its core design. The down side is it is tedious to use the keyboard and you need to buy the cover as the screen is easily damaged. I had troubles getting my BT hub to allow access but once I reset the hub to the lower WAP security levels it picked up straight away. If you want more portability then the more expensive 3G option would be better but the basic Kindle suits my research needs ideally as I can log onto my University library and download easily. If you want lots of colour, bells and whistles then there are better options but as a book/text reader this is ideal.

‹ Previous | 1766 767 768851 | Next ›